Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
Have you guys in the US tried going online on the PS4 and go to the PlayStation store. And clicking on game to see if that kick-starts the download. Just a thought I had. 👍
Yeah, I actually tried that too. The thing is - when you look at it in the library under purchases, or in the PlayStation app, there is no cover image and the file size is "N/A". It's as if there's a provisioning or coding error with the download links because it's listed, but it's not recognizing that the files are even present.

Have you guys in the US tried going online on the PS4 and go to the PlayStation store. And clicking on game to see if that kick-starts the download. Just a thought I had. 👍

I tried that also tried from the website but no luck... same "download error" msg as yesterday. This is the first time this sort of thing happens in 3 yrs of digital dl on psn... obviously this had to be for my most anticipated game of the year lol.

I have a feeling the problem is going to drag on into the afternoon because SCEA is located on the west coast and it's still very early over there. I'm wondering if that's where the US store servers are...

I don't know about that. Mine said it would unlock in approx. 9 hours and that was just after 8am EDT which would put it at 5pm EDT.

Image taken at 9:32 AM EDT

Steam.png

Image taken at 9:32 AM EDT

View attachment 674198

The "approximately" is making it hard to tell. I checked at 8:10am and it said approximately 9 hours, if they're rounding down it would be 5pm but if they're rounding up to 9am it would be 6pm. People on all the other forums I've been reading say 5pm EDT, but then the Steam counter shows the pre-purchase promotion ends in 8 hours and 7 minutes which would put it at 6pm EDT so it's probably 6pm. I guess this is the part where I'm supposed to have a tantrum about having to wait an extra hour? Oh, the humanity... :( :lol:

Pcars2 Steam version including day1patch installed and impatiently waiting.

Now I have to make a decision which one to play first. VR or 4K on screen.
First open a bottle of wine ;)
Yep, I’m not sure VR or 4K. Will be “game time” decision.

What’s your Steam username btw? I already have some gtplanet guys in my friends list, but the more the merrier. Will be good to see how poorly I stack up against others :)

Yep, I’m not sure VR or 4K. Will be “game time” decision.

What’s your Steam username btw? I already have some gtplanet guys in my friends list, but the more the merrier. Will be good to see how poorly I stack up against others :)
PSN and Steam : BrainsBush

grtz
Brian

Hey guys. I am Fogboundturtle on steam and mixer and I am planning on streaming PCars 2 starting this Friday evening and this weekend. I would love to get some multiplayer races going to as part of the stream. Add me on Steam and come watch me on mixer and make fun of my driving.

The "approximately" is making it hard to tell. I checked at 8:10am and it said approximately 9 hours, if they're rounding down it would be 5pm but if they're rounding up to 9am it would be 6pm. People on all the other forums I've been reading say 5pm EDT, but then the Steam counter shows the pre-purchase promotion ends in 8 hours and 7 minutes which would put it at 6pm EDT so it's probably 6pm. I guess this is the part where I'm supposed to have a tantrum about having to wait an extra hour? Oh, the humanity... :( :lol:

I'm going by the pre-order offer countdown, as that would seem to make the most sense. Not much of a "pre-order" after it is released right? :)

Like I said in my first post, just trying to save you some disappointment if you sit down at 5:00 PM and it's not unlocked yet. "Plan for the worst, hope for the best" is my motto.... ;)

Naaaah 13gb day One patch... I out the game in yesterday Night and It will take ages with my line. Hope ti be able to play after work today

And since when games are 80$ in Canada? I bought F12017 for 70$ two weeks ago.

With taxes were nearly reaching 100$. This is kind of ridiculous

ah.. who cares about free time is rare or other games coming out in oktober... i want to race! :D
got the regular version seconds ago. lets see how long i have to wait until my 1.03 patch dl is done... maybe i can squeeze in one race at midnight.

I have just spend my first two hours with the game, playing on PS4 Pro with G29 on a Samsung KS7500. I did a couple of laps with the Acura NSX on Fuji, tested the R8 LMS GT3 on Nürburgring GP and started my career with the Cayman Cup. There are many great things i could mention. The physics and FFB feel really good for me. Driving the R8 felt amazing and immersive with the helmet cam. The game looks nice on the Pro and rather sharp. However, there are a lot of jaggies and some pop ins. HDR is there, but you cant turn it off ingame, so its hard to tell the difference. The intro and other videos look completly washed out, really weird, but the gameplay and menus look fine.

There are some annoying and weird problems right now. For example, when choosing my nationality, i couldnt scroll down to pick germany. Sometimes the setup doesent work out as it should and configuring the HUD is a pain. I also noticed that sometimes, it appears as if AI drivers are disappearing in the rear mirror, maybee from the whole race...

So far the game feels a bit buggy and rough around the edges, but physics and driving feels good, graphics are fine and im sure the whole career mode will be a blast with all these features, cars and tracks.

So, this has probably been covered, but I can't find it. Are there going to be championships involving classic cars this time? I mean, pre-made championships. I know we can make our own(I think) for online racing

So, this has probably been covered, but I can't find it. Are there going to be championships involving classic cars this time? I mean, pre-made championships. I know we can make our own(I think) for online racing
There's Group A, Group 5 and Group C in career.

Am I correct in thinking PCars2 will drop today at 9PM Pacific Time?

Jerome

Back