Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
So just had my first race in career where it started raining through the race. It was light rain so didn't bother changing tyres but with 5 mins left the heavens opened! Thought I'd tough it out and as the puddles built the effect of aquaplaning was phenomenal. If anyone has driven briskly on a very wet road they will know what I'm talking about. PCars 2 models it beautifully. In the last couple of laps at Silverstone National I had to use every bit of skill I had to just keep the car on the track. It was wonderful! So when people have a moan about the graphics which they invariably will, just remember, its because of live track 3.0 and for me it's the right decision.
I don't care what those people will think of the graphics.
I had my reservations of PC1, when I turned the game on. Looked like Shift, but sharp, crisp visuals, in game play and replay. (I mentioned this before)PC1 had that ToCA 1 feel. Offline racing, more than made up for graphics that GT6 had over PC1(which wasn't massive). It's more "alive" that way. After PC1, I'll never trade graphics over the fun I've had since. Tomorrow is going to be... just wait for my casual player car lover's review. These games have come at a time, when I can buy what I want, enjoy at my leisure and make my daydreaming "reality"(virtually, of course ;) ).

thinking of picking this up tonight. not sure yet as free time is rare for me these days and GTS being just around the corner. :confused:

This is really frustrating. I still can't download the game. Now im running out patience because I wanted to play this tonight right when it release. That might not even happen now unless something changes early and the issue gets dealt with. I tried everything that's been suggested so far and still can't download the damn game.

This is really frustrating. I still can't download the game. Now im running out patience because I wanted to play this tonight right when it release. That might not even happen now unless something changes early and the issue gets dealt with. I tried everything that's been suggested so far and still can't download the damn game.

I don't think any of us on PS4 in the states can yet, so your not alone.
Maybe there will be no pre-download I called Sony yesterday and was given bad information.
Not much to do but be patient.

XXI
Maybe there will be no pre-download I called Sony yesterday and was given bad information.

Well that sucks. With pcars1 the US couldn't pre-order the game (digitally) and now and we can't preload with pcars2. Now im gonna have to get up early in morning just so I can start the download (on release day) just so i won't waste a good portion of the day waiting for it to download.

XXI
At this point, I don't know if it is SMS error or Sony error. From SMS forum:
IMG_0270.PNG

What is up, my dudes and dames! I can not wait to try the online matchmaking component! I give huge props to the devs for diving into this feature!

Please add me on PSN if you'd like to have a sparring partner, I'm really looking forward to streaming and racing this title with you all!

Are you going to be playing on PC too pal? Would love to chase your bumper around again for a while. :D :D

I have my concerns as well, as I work the midnight tour and I took the night off to bask in the PCars 2 glory, hoping it would be preloaded and I would be in the zone while the family slept...

Well that sucks. With pcars1 the US couldn't pre-order the game (digitally) and now and we can't preload with pcars2. Now im gonna have to get up early in morning just so I can start the download (on release day) just so i won't waste a good portion of the day waiting for it to download.

I don't know how PSN works, but wouldn't it start the download as soon as it has become available? If so, could you leave the PS4 turned on for the night? Wouldn't be ideal, I know.

At this point, I don't know if it is SMS error or Sony error. From SMS forum

Developers have nothing to do with how PSN works. This is either a publisher issue (miscommunication about dates, restrictions due to who know what) or a PSN problem. The devs being aware of it was mentioned likely so that people know they will push the relevant parties as much as they can.

So, essentially what I got from recent videos, is that the drying line always forms in real-time, meaning that if you have too much time acceleration for the weather it won't be visible, since the track will dry faster. Would that be correct?

Last edited:
Have you guys in the US tried going online on the PS4 and go to the PlayStation store. And clicking on game to see if that kick-starts the download. Just a thought I had. 👍

Sorry to disappoint, but you need to add an hour to that...... 18:00 EDT is 6:00 PM EDT........ It's now 10:54 PM EDT and Steam is telling me 19:10:00 until unlock. That means actual unlock will be 18:04 EDT.

Just trying to save you the frustration of expecting to sit down at 5:00 PM and play, only to find out you have to wait another hour ;)

I don't know about that. Mine said it would unlock in approx. 9 hours and that was just after 8am EDT which would put it at 5pm EDT.

is there any list which wheels are supported for this game ? i got the information that the Fanatec CLS elite is not compatible on xbox one ???

Back