Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
The benefits of pre ordering the game on disc.

IMG_20170921_174534.jpg

For people that have the disk version of the game; how long does it take to install? What car/track combo can you race while you wait? Assuming that is how it will be since that is how PCARS1 was.

Right, I've just had a quick spin, my first time playing PCares 2. I bought the game for my Dad on disc but I have the digital version preordered for myself 'cos who can be bothered swapping discs, right?

First off, a 720S around Monza - instantly I could tell things had moved on from PCars 1; the car felt 'right'.

A few laps and onto Spa in the Caterham - probably the most fun I've had on a driving sim since Grand Prix Legends. The game encourages you to drive like a loon, such fun. FFB felt great and natural. The only criticism is that cockpit view was very limited vision, I had a very quick look to see if I could move the view up a bit but didn't see it (PS4), maybe someone could point me in the right direction?

Also, the default car set up seems a bit pushy and safe although obviously this can be remedied simply enough. I couldn't find the two different setups for each car talked about on here.

So congrats to @IanBell and team, from my very brief test it seems they've nailed it. I'm sure there's bugs that need ironing but SMS have a proven track record on making real attempts to fix problems.

Roll on tomorrow.

There's Group A, Group 5 and Group C in career.

There are also 11 Historic invitational events in the career. Most likely single races, but worth mentioning nonetheless.
I had a very quick look to see if I could move the view up a bit but didn't see it (PS4), maybe someone could point me in the right direction?

You should be able to bind buttons to the seat movements in the control config. At least you could in PC1. Quite possibly these are unbound by default.

''I thought the whole issue of setups had been sorted, and that all platforms would ship with both "loose" (faster but potentially unstable) and "stable" (safe, slightly understeery) setups, available for all cars? Is this not the case?''

''Unfortunately loose and stable setups didn't make it into the D1P on consoles. They'll most likely come with the next update.''

Where'd you guys pre order from? Luckily I work today so I can't play it anyway. Unfortunately I also work next two days after that.

Just got it (game mania in Belgium) it still has the same overall feel but every little part is so much better... Hard to explain. Oh and the menu is waaaaayyy better now :)

It says the game is 52 GB in size at the moment, but my PS4 only downloaded
13 GB when I switched it on today. That seemed to be the limit too because it said
"13 GB / 13 GB downloaded". Will the remaining GB's be portioned out every few
hours or how does this work?
I'm such an idiot. I thought that those 13GB was all there was and that the remaining ones would unlock on the 22nd. Because I didn't see anywhere that the system kept on downloading. I checked for updates and it would say I already had the latest version installed (even though there were clearly ~ 40GB still to download). Hmm.

When I switched on the PS4 today I thought of checking the "Information" option at the bottom of the pop up, and there it was. The download status.

It's been downloading all along (when the console has been switched on). It says there are 20GB still to go at the moment (but no worries there since my internet connection is pretty fast).

I only wish I had known and kept the PS4 on all throughout the day, instead of having it switched off.

Am I right in that I could have been playing offline right now if it had been at 100% complete?
headbang.gif

Am I right in that I could have been playing offline right now if it had been at 100% complete?
No, only at midnight.

Also, remember that you have Rest Mode, which is ideal for these kind of situations - it will turn the PS4 off, but allow for background downloads and updates.

Back