Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,203 comments
Is there a good strategy for the "No Man's Fly" trophy/achievement (20 metres rallycross jump)? Found a guide from PowerPyx, but I still can't handle it.

Thanks to the work SMS have done, it's a sad time for me. I just will not have the time to sample all the cars like I thought. TCR is SO DAMN GOOD!!!!

After each race, I'm, literally, trying to force myself to switch Motorsport series. I want to try the MINI. I pick the car. Then, I think, "One more go" in the Megane or Opel or A45. I wind up wrestling a FWD TC around a myriad of tracks.

So many plans I had for this game, have all gone out the window.

I'm going to have a bit of a rant here.
My original intention for this game was to buy the Standard Edition with the Japanese Car Pack included, and buy the season pass separately for $30. I expected to get the Japanese Car Pack with my pre-order, but I didn't - apparently you had to buy the Deluxe Edition for an extra $50 to receive the DLC as well as the Motorsports Pack and Season Pass. Had I known this, I would've purchased it. Then again spending an extra $50 was something I didn't want to do. I gathered that I would spend $120 on the game - $90 for the game and $30 for the Season Pass. Due to the fact that I have NO Japanese Car Pack, which I expected to get with my pre-order, I am very pissed off. What's worse is that the Season Pass is NOW $45 FOR **** SAKE, which has COMPLETELY TURNED ME OFF buying any of the DLC. There is NO WAY I am paying an extra $15 for something I expected to get for $30, and if the Japanese Car Pack and Motorsports Pack become available later, I won't buy it if the combined cost is $15 PLUS the Season Pass. Paying $60 for 40 cars is a ripoff considering that you get 170 for $90 in the base game. I blame BANDAI NAMCO for this confusion. I am absolutely FURIOUS about this whole ordeal and BANDAI's complicated system of pre-order editions and pre-order bonuses has me beat. I was given the wrong information by both JB Hi-Fi and BANDAI NAMCO. Never going to pre-order again. However, if the Season Pass comes down in price, I will buy it. If not, then I won't.

Thanks to the work SMS have done, it's a sad time for me. I just will not have the time to sample all the cars like I thought. TCR is SO DAMN GOOD!!!!

After each race, I'm, literally, trying to force myself to switch Motorsport series. I want to try the MINI. I pick the car. Then, I think, "One more go" in the Megane or Opel or A45. I wind up wrestling a FWD TC around a myriad of tracks.

So many plans I had for this game, have all gone out the window.
Yep, same here. I just did community events and a little bit of career. Had completely different plans before release.

@IanBell the Nismo livery on the GTR R34 SMS-R seems to appear as hot pink / magenta instead of red in-game. It looks very strange.

Edit: it's a problem on the Audi R8 LMS Endurance too.

I'm on standard PS4 by the way.

I'm going to have a bit of a rant here.
My original intention for this game was to buy the Standard Edition with the Japanese Car Pack included, and buy the season pass separately for $30. I expected to get the Japanese Car Pack with my pre-order, but I didn't - apparently you had to buy the Deluxe Edition for an extra $50 to receive the DLC as well as the Motorsports Pack and Season Pass. Had I known this, I would've purchased it. Then again spending an extra $50 was something I didn't want to do. I gathered that I would spend $120 on the game - $90 for the game and $30 for the Season Pass. Due to the fact that I have NO Japanese Car Pack, which I expected to get with my pre-order, I am very pissed off. What's worse is that the Season Pass is NOW $45 FOR **** SAKE, which has COMPLETELY TURNED ME OFF buying any of the DLC. There is NO WAY I am paying an extra $15 for something I expected to get for $30, and if the Japanese Car Pack and Motorsports Pack become available later, I won't buy it if the combined cost is $15 PLUS the Season Pass. Paying $60 for 40 cars is a ripoff considering that you get 170 for $90 in the base game. I blame BANDAI NAMCO for this confusion. I am absolutely FURIOUS about this whole ordeal and BANDAI's complicated system of pre-order editions and pre-order bonuses has me beat. I was given the wrong information by both JB Hi-Fi and BANDAI NAMCO. Never going to pre-order again. However, if the Season Pass comes down in price, I will buy it. If not, then I won't.
No offence man but you should've done a little more research to be sure you had what you wanted... I admit that I was originally confused also but knuckled down to be sure I was getting what I wanted.
There was Standard, Limited, Deluxe, Collectors and then Ultra.

Unfortuantely for some reason Eb Games did not have the Deluxe edition ranged, but JB did. I wanted the Japanese pack and Season Pass too but since I like to get all my points for EB I just stuck with the Limited and will purchase Season Pass separately.

The Limited Edition gave you the Japanese pack, sticker sheet and steelbook for $99.
You can't really blame JB or Bandai imo, I feel it was fairly clear and there were plenty of people asking the question with answers produced before the release...

No offence man but you should've done a little more research to be sure you had what you wanted... I admit that I was originally confused also but knuckled down to be sure I was getting what I wanted.
There was Standard, Limited, Deluxe, Collectors and then Ultra.
Unfortuantely for some reason Eb Games did not have the Deluxe edition ranged, but JB did, I wanted the Japanese pack and Season Pass but since I like to get all my points for EB I just stuck with the Limited and will purchase Season Pass separately.

The Limited Edition gave you the Japanese pack, sticker sheet and steelbook for $99.
You can't really blame JB or Bandai imo, I feel it was fairly clear and there were plenty of people asking the question with answers produced before the release...
Yes part of it was my lack of knowledge but I didn't think it was so complicated...

Yes part of it was my lack of knowledge but I didn't think it was so complicated...
I feel for you mate.

My biggest worry was that I wasn't going to be able to get the Japanese pack seperately after release so that's why I made triple sure... (I wanted that Group A R32 so bad) thankfully for your sake it is available separately and maybe sometime there could be some deal come up and will reduce what extra you'll have to spend. Chin up mate :).

Just attempted the trophy for getting around a snowy Nurburgring in under 8:00 minutes. Tried it with the roadcourse Indycar with ice tires.

It wanted no parts of that! :ill:

Just attempted the trophy for getting around a snowy Nurburgring in under 8:00 minutes. Tried it with the roadcourse Indycar with ice tires.

I'm going to guess that trophy will be impossible until they patch the studded tires.

And I will never use the fast one because like a real racing driver I'm looking ahead past the raindrops and having the wipers move by so much is distracting. :D

Yup i try to do a lap with the Nissan gt-r same conditions ice tires and i just couldn't get the car to 50 mph without losing control of it

Also trying to drive the P1 GTR in rain is like trying to walk on lava :(

Hey, guys. Tried two group A cars today and one I found particularly difficult. The Nissan GTR R32 loses tire temperature and pressure significantly over a lap at the VLN Nurburgring layout and is very difficult to drive after one lap. The other car I tried was the Audi V8 DTM and despite being quite softly sprung by default with quite a bit of oversteer tendency it was easier than the Nissan. Anyone has any advice or tips?

What's the trick to driving the Clio Cup car at Brands Hatch? I can't keep the thing straight to save my life. I just barely tap the brakes into turn one and it just spins right out.
Yup, same issue for me! after three days of solo races etc, I thought I would jump into Career and start with my fav hot hatch around Brands, but could not do anything other than spin 180degrees!!

As a person who normally uses chase cam, I'm finding this game easier and more fun using the cockpit view.

I'm not a fan of the chase cam in PCARS 2. Feels like it's way to close to the back of the car and I seem to have botched the FOV on it for the time being.

I have this pet-peeve where if I can't see the entire rear end of the car, I become really annoyed.

Cockpit and roof cam are great, though!

What AÍ level you are using? The AÍ on PC 2 is super fast and most people are between 60-80 with no setup or just few changes. When they say that the 120 AÍ is professional they really mean it.

EDIT: Also, some Stock setups really suck but since it is a gT3 I don't think that's the case.

AI is at 92. But its more of a case that i can't get round the corners on the hards?!

I did the Renault Sport RS01 Trophy before and didnt seem to have this problem and won the championship.

Last edited:
There is clearly a problem with tyres, dry one and icy. Also set-up changes randomly and doesn't save just like pcars1.

The tyre issue however is critical and makes qualifying unplayable, try career mode with Ginetta or formula rookie.

The funny thing is that i qualify last (5-6 seconds down) and the easily win the race being 1,5 second faster per lap ad they give me hot tyres. With Rain the tyres are fine and score pole.

In the First 5-6 races of the Ginetta junior It was working fine, the issue started with the snowy race. Now i'm in Ginetta gt5 and it is unplayable.

AI is at 92. But its more of a case that i can't get round the corners on the hards?!

I did the Renault Sport RS01 Trophy before and didnt seem to have this problem and won the championship.

Nah i tried 10 laps zigzagging and tyres couldn't heat up. It's a bug. I have Read , under a YouTube video of a guy analyzing the problem, that you have to move one option from authentic to realistic to fix it. I asked which option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of the chase cam in PCARS 2. Feels like it's way to close to the back of the car and I seem to have botched the FOV on it for the time being.

I have this pet-peeve where if I can't see the entire rear end of the car, I become really annoyed.

Cockpit and roof cam are great, though!

You and me both, there should've been an additional y-axis parameter to tweak. Turning the FOV all the way down to 35 degrees makes me feel like I'm playing NFSMW with a permanent speedbreaker. :lol: Cockpit cam is good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah i tried 10 laps zigzagging and tyres couldn't heat up. It's a bug. I have Read , under a YouTube video of a guy analyzing the problem, that you have to move one option from authentic to realistic to fix it. I asked which option.

Ok mate thanks. Did u find out which option needs to be changed?

So, maybe I'm missing something, but where is the preorder Japanese car pack?. It says 'installed' on the PS store, but I can't find any of the cars in-game. They're not under the manufacturers, and I can't find them under anything else. Help?

Hey Benny, what you gotta do is go to the Project Cars 2 icon on your PS4, click down with the directional button and then a list of things come up like achievements etc. There should be one marked Playstation Store with the number 2 on it (if you ordered the Motorsport and Japanese packs) click on it, then click on the Japanese pack and click download. So while it's installed it's not actually downloaded. Weird I know....

Hi, i noticed some problems in the game:
  1. There are no yellow flags in case someone had an accident, i don't know if there are blue flags. By the way would be great having a safety car, it makes races more interesting. I hope we'll have it with an update.
  2. There's a bug to Imola, i saw a wall above me.
  3. The online lobbies are unplayable because of lags, it's worse than Pcars 1. Everytime someone join the track or quit it there's a lag. I expected that SMS solved this problem.
I've some questions hope someone reply to me:
When will be released the update 1.04? Because now the game is almost unplayable. In this update there will be the possibility to create online championships?
I don't know if buying the season pass, could you say me please at least if are you planning to release some street circuits. Or there will be (i hope not) Rallycross tracks ?

Yes, known. It Will be addresed in future patchs, now snow is not playable and icy tyres do not have any effect.

Awesome, so it's not just the legacy bugs that were in PC1, but the new features for this game are bugged too... Nice job SMS, way to keep up the old rep. I had high hopes that this time they could prove the naysayers wrong, but it seems their reputation for producing extremely buggy games is still alive and strong.

I'm going to guess that trophy will be impossible until they patch the studded tires.

now snow is not playable and icy tyres do not have any effect.

There's a workaround to the snow issue, the grip levels are only incorrect in snow season if weather is set to clear or light snow. Setting the weather to heavy snow or blizzard, and waiting a few minutes (or just cranking up time acceleration) allows the snow to build up on the track to what it should be, and give appropriate grip levels.

Edit: Source

Last edited:
Back