Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,206 comments
@IanBell Are all vehicles in the game licensed this time, or did I misread the official site?
I'm going to assume no. Maybe it did mean the 170 licensed cars and we're going to keep the SMS Originals from PC1. Which is good because they offer good variety to smaller/difficult to license cars.

Every game has to have licenses for the cars they display, so i'm not sure what exactly is your question.
On the official site, it says over 170 officially licensed cars. He wanted to know if that was all of the cars or that some weren't licensed. E.g. The SMS Originals.

I'm going to assume no. Maybe it did mean the 170 licensed cars and we're going to keep the SMS Originals from PC1. Which is good because they offer good variety to smaller/difficult to license cars.

On the official site, it says over 170 officially licensed cars. He wanted to know if that was all of the cars or that some weren't licensed. E.g. The SMS Originals.
In that case yes, the SMS Originals & Community made are still in but those just represent 8 cars in the 170+ :)

Official site only have 50 tracks( 4 new track is confirmed as: Fuji, Long Beach, Daytona, ICE track Mercedes Benz. Also 16 new tracks are not confirm)
So they have 10 more tracks for DLC?

Attachments

• IMG_4402.PNG
    IMG_4402.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 228
Official site only have 50 tracks( 4 new track is confirmed as: Fuji, Long Beach, Daytona, ICE track Mercedes Benz. Also 16 new tracks are not confirm)
I'll just update the OP with the track count..

Circuits we know about missing from list: 16 gaps
In PC1
Summerton
Chesterfield
Sonoma

Other
Indianapolis
Sugo(?)
Texas Motor Speedway
Portimao

Last edited:
They've not revealed all the tracks, probably. I'm sure Fuji is ready to go, hence it is on display. I am sure Long Beach is close, as well as Daytona. But there are likely other tracks that will be in the Day 1 version which aren't quite polished enough to show off quite yet.

Hmm looking at that list, some tracks are gone from the original game. I hope not and it's just a case of new negotiations.
The tracks I'm talking about are:
  • Monza
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Dubai Autodrome
  • Sakitto (we know that they are trying to acquire the license for Suzuka)
  • Spa Francorchamps, Greenwood

Hmm looking at that list, some tracks are gone from the original game. I hope not and it's just a case of new negotiations.
  • Monza
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Dubai Autodrome
  • Spa Francorchamps

Dubai Autodrome is there.

Maybe they're waiting to announce classic circuits of Spa/Monza? In the leaked intro, there was Monza with the Jaguar XJ220.

• Monza
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Dubai Autodrome
I know there will be fretting over it until it is officially announced, but I would be shocked to find out the "classic", famous tracks that were in v1 are not in v2.

@IanBell
Been an avid player of the first game (may remember me from PCars forums), just a few questions to ensure i start putting money aside (or throwing them at the monitor until "late 2017" lol)

1. Can we rest assure of all the bugs that at least landmines are gone? I lost my only championship win in a GTP serie due to finding one on Hockenheim and i'm still salty :D

2. Are we going to get some -modern- Touring cars this time? WTCC, BTCC, ETCC, TCR or similar cars were sorely missed and the 320wtcc was super fun to race but only allowed for 1-make race instead of the usual variety in Touring cars series...

In that case yes, the SMS Originals & Community made are still in but those just represent 8 cars in the 170+ :)

Are you sure that number is not 8 but more like 13 or so? Some have been removed then, which, depending on what was removed would actually make sense.

Cool.
And it's already been hinted at a few times that a classic version of Monza will make it into the game. No reason to think the current model won't make it in also.
If you read my update, you'll see that there was a classic looking Monza in the leaked intro with the XJ220. Maybe waiting to announce the classic Spa/Monza before announcing the modern track. No idea about Sonoma.

Are you sure that number is not 8 but more like 13 or so? Some have been removed then, which, depending on what was removed would actually make sense.

According to my data, there are 11. However, some of them can be replaced with more modern types. E.g. The Caper Monterey could be replaced with a Classic NASCAR of some sorts.

@IanBell
Been an avid player of the first game (may remember me from PCars forums), just a few questions to ensure i start putting money aside (or throwing them at the monitor until "late 2017" lol)

1. Can we rest assure of all the bugs that at least landmines are gone? I lost my only championship win in a GTP serie due to finding one on Hockenheim and i'm still salty :D

2. Are we going to get some -modern- Touring cars this time? WTCC, BTCC, ETCC, TCR or similar cars were sorely missed and the 320wtcc was super fun to race but only allowed for 1-make race instead of the usual variety in Touring cars series...
I'm not Ian but i can answer the 1st question, we haven't seen any "landmines" reports during internal testing or from our WMD2 community. We have done several events including a high number of players (20+) from the community with no such occurrences.

Currently it's 8 :)

• Monza
  • Sonoma Raceway
  • Dubai Autodrome
No Spa or Monza would be madness. They must be in. They must!

No Spa or Monza would be madness. They must be in. They must!

I know, I know.... the screen shots are still WIP. But considering the Spa track map is shown MULTIPLE times, and given the significance and popularity of that track, it's hard to imagine it NOT being there. Same for Monza.

And yes, I already cautioned someone else on the official forum not to read too much into a track map/track image and here I go doing it..... IN this case though it's a track that was in the first one and is obviously easy to license since it seems to be in EVERY SIM ON THE MARKET. The odds of it not being there are pretty small I would guess.

I know, I know.... the screen shots are still WIP. But considering the Spa track map is shown MULTIPLE times, and given the significance and popularity of that track, it's hard to imagine it NOT being there. Same for Monza.

And yes, I already cautioned someone else on the official forum not to read too much into a track map/track image and here I go doing it..... IN this case though it's a track that was in the first one and is obviously easy to license since it seems to be in EVERY SIM ON THE MARKET. The odds of it not being there are pretty small I would guess.
Yep, I wasn't actually worried. They go without saying. Or at least Spa does.

Hey Ian,

What is the stance on us for modders in pCARS2? In pCARS2, you let us have a little freedom and helped us modders by allowing them to be activated really easily so we didn't have to crack open the game. We will get this in pcARS2?

I have also realised you have used some obfuscation in the 3D files which prevents us from creating new ones. Will we get any insight on this? I'm sure it is so no one can steal the models which I totally respect, but this does block out the creation of new ones, so us modders are locked out.

Would love some info on the stance on modding you guys have for pCARS2.

Back