Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Random weather where you can exclude the extremes, and or linking to real world weather.
Further expanding on this, I'd like there to be the ability to have a Variable setting like the CM F1 games where it chooses the weather for you based on location etc and without slots. It can choose a 5-minute thunderstorm in the middle of a clear race with transitions of course.

And the ability to have a form of custom Variable where you choose the chance of rain and it decides the rest for you.

For example:
If I choose a 50% chance of rain, that chance of some form of rain can be 40% chance at Hour 2 of a 24 Hour race etc.

I might repeat myself as well a little here but I partly agree with simsimsheree. A PC3 that fixex the issues PC2 has and adds an offline custom championship mode and an improved online system, together with some new cars and tracks and perhaps the biggest missing thing to simulate a real race the yellow flags / safety cars would be an excellent game ( AI on nearly the same handling model would also be a big improvement ).

Perhaps it would be useful to sent all PC2 buyers an invite for a survey for what they would like to see in PC3. This could bias the preferences of more dedicated players but I think this would give a good indication what the next Project Cars should do.

I think there's altogether too much optimism on wishlists for future games. Alongside the numerous excellent suggestions for new features, there is the silent hope against hope that what currently doesn't work correctly is magically going to get fixed. Therefore, the dev team fixates on adding new stuff before the old stuff is fixed.

I would not be at all surprised to see custom championships and flag systems added. But experience of the PC1 to PC2 transition seems to show that the odds of them being added while existing problems remain is very high. Is that what we really want?

No, I don't really expect any magical solutions to graphics and car count issues for consoles. I'm prepared to believe that SMS have leveraged those as well as could be expected. On a Pro, at least, it's already more than sufficient. But the majority of the buglist appears to be things that sometimes work, sometimes don't. That's the game's greatest weakness. We know that it can work. Every now and again, it works perfectly. Enough to make us want that all the time. And that's what we don't get.

Sloppy coding (or fixation with other things at the expense of more vital gameplay issues) allows inconsistencies into the game.

GT had a far easier start to their franchise than PCARS. They started on consoles without the ability to update the game. They built a franchise on the game being close to bug-free at launch. SMS never faced this. Never faced the thought that, if the game was buggy at launch, that was the franchise over. It's a mindset they would be well advised to adopt. Tons of new features that may or may not work much of the time, tons of old features with their bugs intact, sooner or later it kills a franchise.

I'd hate to see that. The game is so CLOSE. But SMS seem OK with stumbling before the finish line. And so do a large number of their fans, here.

It might be the way I use the game but my wishlist would add much more than fixing the occasional problems which I hardly experience. There are other, in my opinion relative easy additions, that would make me play the game much more.

I also see a lot of suggestions here that would have little value to me, doesn't mean those aren't good suggestions.

And yes they should try to fix the current bugs, I would love to see them do this for PC2 but I'm not counting on it. I do believe however that the end state of PC2 will have a strong influence on a possible future PC3. And I'm really hoping for PC3 since I have little confidence that the other available options on PS4 (or PS5) can come close to what I want to experience in a racing game.

Okay here’s my wish list for PC3 :

- An option to set Private Time Attacks just like the championship where the host can choose and set all conditions including tuning or no tuning allowed or basic tuning.

- I’d like to see an option to be able to boot and bring in new drivers to Championships. To me this is really an oversight by SMS of locking the grid once the 1st round kicks off. I can understand why they did it but in the real world something always comes up and people leave and others want to join and the field ends up being on 5 cars and the series just dies off.

- It would be nice to be able to set 2 sprint races for a weekend of a championship with an option of reverse grid of finishing order in R1 for R2.

- On the in game menu/controls there’s a lot of options for button mapping. It would be REALLY handy to be able to map buttons for chat volume and also a “mute all chat audio” button for when you wanna just concentrate.

- The race engineer should become much more like “Crew Cheif” particularly for spotting. Or maybe just his contract out and bring him over

- The view replay option needs to be AT LEAST the last 4-5mins instead of the current 90secs. Would also be nice to just automatically save the fastest lap footage. (Hey, this is a wish list right)

-Customisable livery editor

-Graphics need to be at the very least as good as GT Sport if not better.

-Safety cars in races 20laps or longer.

-The slow down penalty during races needs to be tweaked. Maybe 2 warnings followed by a slow down penalty if the infringements are within 2 laps of eachother.

Erm. What? A wishlist is what we want in the game regardless of anything else.

A wishlist that concentrates ONLY on new features, and not on existing buggy features finally being fixed only encourages the developers to concentrate on the new features. To the detriment of the game, IMO.

Let's face it, what exactly is the point of new features on a game that basic unfixed game flaws render it crippled? There's an expression for it...

Lipstick on a pig. :lol:

A wishlist that concentrates ONLY on new features, and not on existing buggy features finally being fixed only encourages the developers to concentrate on the new features. To the detriment of the game, IMO.

Let's face it, what exactly is the point of new features on a game that basic unfixed game flaws render it crippled? There's an expression for it...

Lipstick on a pig. :lol:
You can point out bugs all you like in your wishlist. Just don't criticise other people for deciding there are other issues that will be more interesting.

Just better graphics, and more cars! I love the gt1 road cars, so I'd like to see the clk gtr, McLaren f1 gt, and Porsche 911 gt1 road car. That's it! I love the gameplay, and feel of the game. About 350 cars would be fine.

Just better graphics, and more cars! I love the gt1 road cars, so I'd like to see the clk gtr, McLaren f1 gt, and Porsche 911 gt1 road car.

You can point out bugs all you like in your wishlist. Just don't criticise other people for deciding there are other issues that will be more interesting.

'My' wishlist? I'm guessing you think this thread 'yours'?

Try reading the first post. Very telling...

I'm not in the business of wish lists.
I'm thinking about how 3 could possibly be improved.

The Madness engine is great, we have the tracks, cars, and content but what could be done or adjusted to really wake up those that may be on the fence?

Graphics.
They look very good on my vanilla PS4 but up against GT not great.

Weather.
Do you use it?
A vast majority of online races never have weather, the track surface is always almost certainly dry.
What if SMS scrubbed live track 3.0 and put those cores used to graphics?
Smooth it out and put the jaggy police to rest.

Pull back the reigns a little and focus in this order.
Physics
Appearance
Matchmaking
CRL/Penalties
Tracks
Cars

Your thoughts?

I'm not in the business of wishlists either. I'd rather have a fully functioning game without bugs before I start wishing for more.

'My' wishlist? I'm guessing you think this thread 'yours'?
Where did you get that from? I never even said anything about my wishlist. I clearly mean your wishlist as in your wishlist. My wishlist is clearly different as will anybody else's and this thread is a place where we can discuss them. But to outright dismiss somebody else's because you don't agree with it is wrong.

I'm not in the business of wishlists either. I'd rather have a fully functioning game without bugs before I start wishing for more.
And unless I'm mistaken, the lack of bugs is a wish for a game. You want that more than anything else.

I understand what you want. However, I currently enjoy the game in it's current state so my wishlist is more content and race-setup based than the reduction of bugs. Am I dismissing your wishlist? No. Don't do the same to others. That's all I asked.

Last edited:
Yeah Road Atlanta and Sebring would seriously crown the already hugeee track list.

Problem is Mr Bell one way or another hates these two, specially Sebring. And when the person who makes or at least says what It's being included in his own game hates something.., heheh we can then pressume they won't be added.

Imagine racing on these two american tracks with project cars physics..., glorious.

Yeah Road Atlanta and Sebring would seriously crown the already hugeee track list.

Problem is Mr Bell one way or another hates these two, specially Sebring. And when the person who makes or at least says what It's being included in his own game hates something.., heheh we can then pressume they won't be added.

Imagine racing on these two american tracks with project cars physics..., glorious.
I don't remember him saying anything about Road Atlanta.

^He probably hates it too : - D

He's a man of character you know. Anyway I think he never explicity said he hated Sebring too, but there were some hints here and there in some old posts of his that more or less led everybody to believe that way.

Sebring is probably the greatest test for a game's physics, suspension and tire model. Given how much bouncing around I see cars at Daytona and some other tracks do (obviously a breakdown in the model), I think Mr. Bell is rightfully leery of Sebring, with its radical changes in track surface and condition.

It's a great track with great history, but I have a feeling the reasons it is not attempted by SMS have little to do with Mr. Bell's like or dislike of it. It needs expensive laser scanning to be worthwhile (Forza's version is a billiard table!) and with that comes cost and stressing of the physics engine.

Road Atlanta, though..? I'd pay good money for that one. I've been there (and Sebring) to watch IMSA many times, and it's probably my #1 most missed venue.

Road Atlanta, though..? I'd pay good money for that one. I've been there (and Sebring) to watch IMSA many times, and it's probably my #1 most missed venue.
With the excitement provided by IMSA this season, I'm sure there's a lot of people who would like to see a full IMSA season with Sebring, Road Atlanta, Belle Isle, DPi and liveries to name a few. Definitely not excluding myself.

I figure the money for a full track roster, car roster and livery roster to do an IMSA replica just isn't available to SMS. This is one of the reasons why I harp on so much about adding whatever it takes to bring the GTS sort of numbers over to Project Cars. Choices like this are a money game, and SMS's decisions work actively against them gaining the participation numbers of Forza and GTS. Even for the hardcore player, making PC3 noob friendly has benefits we seldom think about.

But given these limitations, given a choice of just ONE more IMSA track to add, I'd take Road Atlanta over Sebring every day and twice on Sundays! It is simply that much more enjoyable, great flow, elevation changes, trackside scenery (and Ian Bell doesn't hate it, LOL)!

With the excitement provided by IMSA this season, I'm sure there's a lot of people who would like to see a full IMSA season with Sebring, Road Atlanta, Belle Isle, DPi and liveries to name a few. Definitely not excluding myself.

I wonder what this deal IMSA signed with Forza just over a year ago has to do with anything.

https://www.imsa.com/news/102017/imsa-announces-strategic-alliance-forza-franchise

Would it exclude certain tracks like Road Atlanta or Sebring from being used other than in a Forza game?

Has there been any chatter or hints Project Cars 3 is planned, happening, or are we on hold pending this mobile game?

I'm very ready for some verified news!

I wonder what this deal IMSA signed with Forza just over a year ago has to do with anything.

https://www.imsa.com/news/102017/imsa-announces-strategic-alliance-forza-franchise

Would it exclude certain tracks like Road Atlanta or Sebring from being used other than in a Forza game?
Track licensing usually is done 1-1 with the track owner. Usually there is no exclusivity with tracks. And since the EA/Porsche 10year deal expired year ago there's not even really exclusivity for vehicles. Series (IMSA, WEC) can be exclusive and usually that includes liveries and driver names. For example PC2 got the 2016 Indycar license which includes the liveries and driver names in the game (but not all the tracks)

Track licensing usually is done 1-1 with the track owner. Usually there is no exclusivity with tracks. And since the EA/Porsche 10year deal expired year ago there's not even really exclusivity for vehicles. Series (IMSA, WEC) can be exclusive and usually that includes liveries and driver names. For example PC2 got the 2016 Indycar license which includes the liveries and driver names in the game (but not all the tracks)

That's good to know because since that was announced I haven't seen anything from either party as a result of that deal.

Would you say that this might be a reason we don't see the IMSA logos on the Chevrolet GTE or the Shank LMP2 though?

After playing GT Sport since March, I feel PC3(and Gran Turismo) needs the AI assigned option, from Assetto Corsa. Project Cars already has all the main ingredients. This bit of an option, would do wonders whether it was paired with custom championship or stand alone racing sessions.

After playing GT Sport since March, I feel PC3(and Gran Turismo) needs the AI assigned option, from Assetto Corsa. Project Cars already has all the main ingredients. This bit of an option, would do wonders whether it was paired with custom championship or stand alone racing sessions.

Would you mind explaining this option to me please as I am not familiar - thank you!

Would you mind explaining this option to me please as I am not familiar - thank you!
Well, on Assetto, at least in custom championships you can assign a car/livery to each AI so although Assetto doesn’t technically have multi-class, You can choose LMP1 cars and GT3 cars or something you’d be able to run multi-class, I agree this would be a great feature, especially for trying to recreate historic races or having an IMSA race or something.

Well, on Assetto, at least in custom championships you can assign a car/livery to each AI so although Assetto doesn’t technically have multi-class, You can choose LMP1 cars and GT3 cars or something you’d be able to run multi-class, I agree this would be a great feature, especially for trying to recreate historic races or having an IMSA race or something.
Exactly. I'd love to do a track day assigning AI one car from each class.

I think customizable championships is close to the #1 request on most PC3 wishlists...

Me, I'd like to see an SMS specified BoP rating for every car, so classes not already well balanced (within reason, there's plenty of ink even on GT3/E threads about which car is faster/better!) could be raced closely.

Back