Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We also have aerodynamic parts, like body kits and spoilers, this time, all of which are official, just like the cars." I thought people with the game said there wasn't any bodykits.

Samberto
Looks like an VIII. Is it stock?

Edit: a real MR?

Take a look.

Attachments

• IMGP1503edit.jpg
    IMGP1503edit.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 253
super supra
Read this!!! 👍 maybe not something new, but still its good to know that "Imasaki has the online mode on his desk right now, but......." :) mostly for those who is confused about delays, online mode ect..

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3137554&did=3

edit: "It takes about three weeks to a month to produce each car in the game, and we had a team of about 30 to 40 artists doing just that". Christ!!

Wow. Great read. I just hope they do release the Online version for Americans. If we already have to wait this long already, why not have the Online version. 👍 They said they would get it done around 3 months. Seems like they would be done with the online version around Feb. which is what the US date seems to be.

The difference is that there's much, much more depth now, and the number of subcategories is far greater. If you look at, say, the different options for brakes, you'll find that there are many more manufacturers represented. We also have aerodynamic parts, like body kits and spoilers, this time, all of which are official, just like the cars. We still don't offer decals or vinyls, though, mainly because we have a hard enough time with all the approvals necessary for the licenses we have right now. Slapping stickers on things would make it even more complicated.

Seems like there is body kits now?

EDIT:

Right now, there are two other games coming out that follow our way of thinking. Microsoft is working on Forza, and Konami has Enthusia. Konami, I think, may be taking the whole notion of realism perhaps a little too seriously, but if they get it right, it will maybe last longer. EA realized a while ago that they couldn't make Need for Speed compete with Gran Turismo, so they very wisely took the franchise in a different direction.

Seems like he is pretty concern about the competition. Espiecally Enthusia.

rollazn
Wow. Great read.

[snip]

Seems like there is body kits now?
Although that article was published on the 12/29/2004, it's content is from around the time of just after the TGS. The article talks about a December 14th release date. How's that for a genuinely true read?

ALPHA
Although that article was published on the 12/29/2004, it's content is from around the time of just after the TGS. The article talks about a December 14th release date. How's that for a genuinely true read?

hehe , yea. Because I havn't seen any body kits so far, which is REALLY disappointing. I wish they at least had 1 kit for each car, kind of like Kaido Battle 2. Kaido offers 1 kit from a specific tuner (i.e. Greddy) and even lets you repaint cars. :guilty:

ALPHA

Yeah. I presume I was just excited and didn’t read it entirely. Sorry.

I just hope by the time we get GT4, it should have online mode. Even though I am not going to play online mode that much, it will still be cool to have that option.

1twojay
hehe , yea. Because I havn't seen any body kits so far, which is REALLY disappointing. I wish they at least had 1 kit for each car, kind of like Kaido Battle 2. Kaido offers 1 kit from a specific tuner (i.e. Greddy) and even lets you repaint cars. :guilty:

Most of the Aero kits in Kaido Battle 2 were ugly ugly Bomex kits, although there were a few nice ones. But mainly ugly bomex. Although the paint colour option was nice because it let you change any car to any colour.

1twojay
I also hope there was body kit in the game. Even though I am not too fond of kits at all, I would still like to see good looking kits. I would hate to see hideous malicious kits in Gran Turismo 4. I like the good clean look. The kits in NFSU aren’t my taste.

Race Idiot
Most of the Aero kits in Kaido Battle 2 were ugly ugly Bomex kits, although there were a few nice ones. But mainly ugly bomex. Although the paint colour option was nice because it let you change any car to any colour.

Yes the Bomex stuff was horsecrap, but there were tons of awesome kits! The ones for the EVO VII, S2K, new Euro Accord R (Acura TSX), etc. My favorite was the Genki Kit for the EVO VII, it makes it look so beautiful + a rally kit roof intake.

1twojay
Yes the Bomex stuff was horsecrap, but there were tons of awesome kits! The ones for the EVO VII, S2K, new Euro Accord R (Acura TSX), etc. My favorite was the Genki Kit for the EVO VII, it makes it look so beautiful + a rally kit roof intake.

My favorites are the the C-West ones on the older imprezas and the Mazdaspeed A-Spec kit for the FD RX-7.

I still wish they had the paint colour change thing in GT4 though.

👍

Attachments

• IMGP1899edit.jpg
    IMGP1899edit.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMGP1900edit.jpg
    IMGP1900edit.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMGP1897edit.jpg
    IMGP1897edit.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 231
1twojay

Those look nice, I think I only had the EP but I didn't like the way it drove so I sold it. Evo 7 does look very nice though.

Hmm maybe i'll play Kaido Battle a bit to pass the time while i'm waiting for GT4.

Q's for everyone:

1. Fuel consumption - has anyone got to 25% complete yet . Cos i am wondering (and most like so are many other people) what effects fuel will do to cars ie ,.. the balance, power, tyre wear

2. 2 player HUD - is the 2 player HUD like GT3 in 2 player mode - Or is it the same HUD as in 1 player mode - ie each player gets to see the full speedo and tacko [ just like in one player view in the 'in car view only']

3. Are you able to turn off 900 degree steering , cos in GT4P the rallying got tiring after a while [ it was more fun and stuff ] but if you had to race 15 laps you would be dead afterwoods

4.Is the photomode hard to use - cos i have seen some shocking shots of people putting blurring in the wrong places and totaly ruining a perfectly good images

Otherwise thanks to everyone who has been answering Q's and giving up unfortunate people the info we need / require

Forgive me if this has already been answered (115 pages is alot to read), but how do the cars with V8's sound in this game? Please tell me they actually sound like real V8's and not like V6's like they did in GT3?

ge-had
3. Are you able to turn off 900 degree steering , cos in GT4P the rallying got tiring after a while [ it was more fun and stuff ] but if you had to race 15 laps you would be dead afterwoods
Isn't rally racing all about endurance? If you want to play the "Real Driving Simulator" then of course your arms will be hurting after 15 laps on a rally course. That's realism if you ask me. If you don't want to use the wheel then use your controller.

The White Supra
Isn't rally racing all about endurance? If you want to play the "Real Driving Simulator" then of course your arms will be hurting after 15 laps on a rally course. That's realism if you ask me. If you don't want to use the wheel then use your controller.

Haha, Hardcore fella.

Yes, Engine sounds are authentic.

Is Samberto the first westerner to procure GT4? It seems so…
You will excuse me while I sate my appetite.

Edit: DB9 on Suzuka east….heaven

Speak with you all sometime later…

The White Supra

i'm not saying i hate driving the rally's with 900 degrees on - i am jsut saying are you able to turn it off - that's all

1twojay
So you are the chosen one....

I'm pretty much sure I was the first Westerner to do that. Although I cheated by living a bit closer to the source!

chaser_fan
I'm pretty much sure I was the first Westerner to do that. Although I cheated by living a bit closer to the source!

The first westerner living in the western world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back