Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The359
...Don't you have the ability to take screenshots, 1twojay? What's stopping you from posting a few used cars?

I don't have access to the game now. Waiting a bit for those screenshots wouldn't hurt.

Giancarlo
You're the one with the game! Quit rubbing it in you monopolizing bastard! :lol:

No, I meant i saw a real video of a real skill course event in europe.

About the blow-off, to me it actually sounds louder from the outside.

Smoke_U_24/7
So you're saying that the removal of the online feature is the cause of the delay?

Not at all, what i'm saying is, that online wasn't removed because of network infrastructure "challenges" as previously stated by KY. but because he felt GT would be ruined by it due to lagg, when in fact all he had to do is warn the players of such problems, even before each race if needed, and add different online modes to deal with laggy games.

Wow, 2 days of looking at every post. Thanks to Chaser and 1twojay for answering all of those q's. I just have 1 q, has anyone tried the SRT-4? Just curious how it is in the game cause thats what I own in real life.

SaintKamus
Not at all, what i'm saying is, that online wasn't removed because of network infrastructure "challenges" as previously stated by KY. but because he felt GT would be ruined by it due to lagg, when in fact all he had to do is warn the players of such problems, even before each race if needed, and add different online modes to deal with laggy games.

It was the infrastructure that was causing the lag. The article clearly states that when run on an internal, closed network, the online game ran just fine.

FreewayDrifter
Wow, 2 days of looking at every post. Thanks to Chaser and 1twojay for answering all of those q's. I just have 1 q, has anyone tried the SRT-4? Just curious how it is in the game cause thats what I own real life.

^^What he said^^ :)

theRukus
am i the first in australia to get this game?

I think so, ya lucky b@stard... Good on ya, could you please post an in game shot of a CV8 or an SS Commy.

Also, could you please check out the fuel and weight functions...

1. Is fuel utilisation available across the board or is it only for the enduros?

2. Does the addition of fuel, spoilers, body kits etc (additional weight) alter the handling of the cars?

Thanks mate..

Edit: Spelling.

1twojay

Does the Euro R have a body kit? Look at the attached picture for comparison.

Attachments

• eurorcomparison.jpg
    eurorcomparison.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 201
usernamed
I don't get you guys...

WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THE GAME?!

Believe me, I would be. I'm at work. I get about one hour to play GT4 a day. :(

1twojay
About the blow-off, to me it actually sounds louder from the outside.

Switch the interior view to rear with L1 and listen to how loud the exhausts are then!

i've already asked this before and gotten no response. or at least i havent seen it since this thread gets a million replies a minute.. but :indiff:

Does Anyone Know What the Driving Force Pro 900 mode is llike in GT4?!?! What is Racing/ Drifting with it like? How do the different drivetrains feel? How close to real life is the force feedback and handling?? As much info as possible will be apreciated. Plz PM me a response. :)

:) THANK YOU!!!!!!! :)

Jedi2016
It was the infrastructure that was causing the lag. The article clearly states that when run on an internal, closed network, the online game ran just fine.

oh really? i'm sorry tu burst your buble here, but network lag on a peer to peer game is ONLY dependant on the clients, the servers used to connect the players (their network infrastructure) is completley irrelevant here, meaning, if a player from texas wants to play some one in canada there will always be lag, this can NOT be fixed regardless of how much technology improves, the limitation is the speed of light here.
KY made it sound that THEY had network infrastructure challenges, wich means, they would have to setup servers to connect players in evry region, this is something that doesn't exist for the PS2 and evry game company has to setup for themselves (in contrast to xbox live, where MS takes care of evrything.)

The fact is KY would rather have their players not play online if it meant giving a laggy experience, instead of letting them decide for themselves, and again, if you bothered to read my suggestions you'd see that there are many workarounds to laggy games, and for lag less games they could have a clean, lagg free mode (real racing, with colisions)

I can see why KY wouldn't want a less than perfect experience because of all the complains that people who don't understand anything about networking would make, this is why again, all he had to do was WARN users of the potential problems with online play, even if it meant a HUGE red warning before each race.
but no, instead he decided to screw evryone intrested in that mode and remove it.

lagg will always be a problem, and that problem is bigger in racing games than in any other type of game due to the speed of the cars (200 ms may not seem like a big deal in a MMORPG, but 200 MS on a racing game can be cars length depending on the speed).

so no, it was never "network infrastructure challenges". it was only the fact that he'd rather have a completley problem free game.

in the end, all PD had to do was try to educate the player about the problems that come with playing online, and add different online modes for the games that have too much lagg to be played with collisions and make those games be played in "ghost" mode instead with no collisions. (then have a lagless replay F355 challenge style)

this could be GT10, and lag would still be a problem, if this is going to be KY's stand on onine racing, the game will never have online.

i mean if people are bothered because their conection is too sucky they can just go play single player, let evryone else that can enjoy the game with minimal lag or even no lag enjoy true competitive racing instead of racing predictable / boring AI.

like stated in the article, online was never the core of the game, and i think that's fine, evryone can play single player, but why leave out all the people intrested in online just because of problems that will never be solved?
hell, it could've been included even in a separete disc with a huge warning on it. this way, people would know what they were getting themselves into.

I've got a request.

Somebody should make some recordings of some different cars with different exhausts. I for one, wanna hear how the Charger sounds, especially with the 'racing' exhaust. Same with the Skyline and the Supra, I wanna hear how 'authentic' they sound.

Gabkicks
i've already asked this before and gotten no response. or at least i havent seen it since this thread gets a million replies a minute.. but :indiff:

Does Anyone Know What the Driving Force Pro 900 mode is llike in GT4?!?! What is Racing/ Drifting with it like? How do the different drivetrains feel? How close to real life is the force feedback and handling?? As much info as possible will be apreciated. Plz PM me a response. :)

:) THANK YOU!!!!!!! :)

I don't own GT4 yet, but i have the TGS demo, the DFP works very well, and the 900* are used properly in evry car meaning, there ISNT 900* on race cars, these cars, even tough there isn't a physical lock on race cars (falken skyline) the limits are reached faster than in a road car, so that's all good...
my only complain is that in a real car, if you have the wheel turned and you accalerate, it quickly goes back to the original position, this is not the case with GT4... it does go back, but much slower than in real life, wich means you have to turn it back yourself if you want it to be done fast enough, it's not a big deal, but it's not as it should be. i doubt this has changed in the shiping GT4, but if anyone can prove me wrong (that owns GT4 and a DFP of course!). i would be very pleased.

if anyone with the Japanese gt4 and knows how to read it, do u guys think u can post screens of the option menus up with english subtitles?

im quite lost in the options menu as it's so damn huge :embarrassed:

You wouldn't believe this. I've had GT4 for the past four days and the GT Force Pro wheel for more than a year, but I haven't had the inclination to set up the wheel yet! What's up with that!? Tonight all will be remedied!

theRukus
if anyone with the Japanese gt4 and knows how to read it, do u guys think u can post screens of the option menus up with english subtitles?

im quite lost in the options menu as it's so damn huge :embarrassed:

I believe maskrider is going to sort out something.

WOW i just got the DB9 in the game it rides likes if you are riding on a cloude and its fast.....................Runs back and does another lap on NURbur

In DB9 hitting 160 in this car is cutting the air bubble and the wind is getting louder a louder and just hit 175 the engine is just about to come out of the hood at 5th gear hitting 7000 rpm enging roaring to switch to 6th gear and there i switch it to 6th gear and hits 180.........187.......and its goneeeeeeeeee go baby goooooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back