Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this has been asked before on this and other various threads made after the release of gt4, if it has, I’ve missed it during my searches, but can someone tell me if there are BOVs (or 'dump valve') sound effects in the game?
The ones in gt3 where rather Obnoxious. If they have been included in gt4, do they sound the same as they were in gt3?
thanks people

Smoke_U_24/7
Man, this thread has gotten boring!
I got a question for both 1TwoJay and Chaser_Fan:
What are your favorite race events and cars in GT4?

Every race with every car on every setting in every color

PulsatingFISH, please provide links instead of posting pics on the forum. The 359 has already asked us that several times before. You never know, he might sic Punk Rock on us! :scared:

that 1up article kinda confirms what i've said all along about the online thing... KY said at TGS that it was due to "infrastructure". this article confirms that that's BS, and that i was right all along. it's not because of network infrastructure, it's because for him lag would ruin the game. hey this is fine, but all he needed to include in the game is a HUGE warning that said that latency could change the game in negative ways, and let the people decide if they still wanted to play online or not, lag will not be better in 10 years, it's just not gonna happen. at least not untill we have an internet that doesn't rely on something as slow as the speed of light...
heck, i even suggested "ghost" mode for laggy games or where you wouldn't be able to crash to oponents, etc. but hell, no point on repeating my suggestions, you can find them in old threads.
this is the same reason why the korean game might include online in the first place, no lag there whatsoever because of their awsome connections evrywhere and the fact that they are so close to eachother.

It would be nice if you'd get more data from the used car sections (non-Japanese in particular). Screenshots or otherwise.

I'm sure 359 would fine it useful. Besides I really wanna know what we can pick to start with.

l33tc4k30fd00m
It would be nice if you'd get more data from the used car sections (non-Japanese in particular). Screenshots or otherwise.

I'm sure 359 would fine it useful. Besides I really wanna know what we can pick to start with.

I did, its in here somewhere

EDIT: but since im so nice.

Attachments

• IMGP1890edit.jpg
    IMGP1890edit.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMGP1891edit.jpg
    IMGP1891edit.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 100
1twojay

I find that Z31 300ZX intriguing :D It like, there are all these old beaters, and then *BAM!* a Class 0 Z car, just sitting there, brand new.

Like being at a real used car lot and finding that amazing low mileage car ;)

SaintKamus
that 1up article kinda confirms what i've said all along about the online thing... KY said at TGS that it was due to "infrastructure". this article confirms that that's BS, and that i was right all along. it's not because of network infrastructure, it's because for him lag would ruin the game. hey this is fine, but all he needed to include in the game is a HUGE warning that said that latency could change the game in negative ways, and let the people decide if they still wanted to play online or not, lag will not be better in 10 years, it's just not gonna happen. at least not untill we have an internet that doesn't rely on something as slow as the speed of light...
heck, i even suggested "ghost" mode for laggy games or where you wouldn't be able to crash to oponents, etc. but hell, no point on repeating my suggestions, you can find them in old threads.
this is the same reason why the korean game might include online in the first place, no lag there whatsoever because of their awsome connections evrywhere and the fact that they are so close to eachother.

So you're saying that the removal of the online feature is the cause of the delay?

1twojay

I meant the pictures of all the cars available in there. We have shots for all the cars available in the dealership, but not any of cars from the used car lot. They are likely a big chunk of the over 50+ cars missing from the official list.

PulsatingFISH
I find that Z31 300ZX intriguing :D It like, there are all these old beaters, and then *BAM!* a Class 0 Z car, just sitting there, brand new.

Like being at a real used car lot and finding that amazing low mileage car ;)

Thats the cool part. You pay attention and sometimes you get lucky.

The359
I meant the pictures of all the cars available in there. We have shots for all the cars available in the dealership, but not any of cars from the used car lot. They are likely a big chunk of the over 50+ cars missing from the official list.

Ask the dude who took all those screenshots

1twojay
The Penninsula?
yup ... but I don't know the name of the tall building which behind penninsula
I haven't been to Hong Kong for long time
now I feel quite lost in some busy place

franz
yup ... but I don't know the name of the tall building which behind penninsula
I haven't been to Hong Kong for long time
now I feel quite lost in some busy place
Yeah a lot of famous people have stayed there. I saw Andy Lau there last year.

DappaDaRealist
question for 1twojay and chaser_fan
Are blowoff valve sound effects included gt4?
i asked a page back and nobody gave a response to it.
thanks

yea of course, but its not very noticeable

...Don't you have the ability to take screenshots, 1twojay? What's stopping you from posting a few used cars?

1twojay
Are those cars known for great handling? I saw a video of someone driving the crap out of it on a special course.

You're the one with the game! Quit rubbing it in you monopolizing bastard! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back