Proud owner of GT4 Japanese Version! *UPDATED* PIT CREWS, NOS, USED CAR, BACKFIRE

• Thread starter Rue
  • 4,151 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
cjrciadt
Do you have Windows Media Encoder? Use that and tweak with the video and encoding settings to record. I use ATI Multimedia Center to watch but WME to record. 👍

Going to try it out now.

Next vid is Laguna Seca, 6 ai cars including 2 GT40's... Oooh, the engine noises :bowdown:

I'm still recovering from that fact that the auto only cars (benz), when changing gears, changes like a manual.
In GT4P, the Sl55 changed like an audo (even in manual mode). I wonder if you choose auto, if all the cars sound like auto changes.

Anyone care to drive a few mercedes and see what they are like and even perhaps drive in Auto mode and see what the changes are like.

I wish people would stop asking about individual cars and focus on some more important questions.

Many have said there is not an option to use your own cars when racing another player, this needs to be checked out as it's quite important... having to use arcade cars only when racing others is a little annoying.

Can someone confirm the use of memory card cars in multiplayer races, specifically the two player old memory card battle.

subie power
the imprezza rally car sounds like an evo and not like a boxer rumble. this is due to equal length header on the rally model. the gc8 wrx's and sti's didnt have equal length headers and they sound amazing. i think the latest gd8's have equal legnth headers. the horsepower gain is about 20ps but i dont think its worth it as u have to sacrafice the rumble
Also keep in mind that this is the WRcar version of the Impreza. WHich, even in the old Group-A Impreza 555 days, had equal length headers.

The biggest difference in sound is due to the engines themselves.

The WRcar engines have a shorter stroke, and slightly larger bore. As well as a slightly longer intake manifold runners to improve torque. THose two items alone greatly change the engines note. Plus the exaust on the WRcar is longer, and wider then a typical Impreza.

And that even gets more screwed up when you throw in the USDM EJ25.

If you can get some videos of a Group-N impreza, and a WRcar Impreza, you will realise just how dramatic the difference in exaust notes is.

Personally i was really disapointed at the sound of the Impreza. It was the one sound in the series that i could definatly say sounded like it came from a game. Very fake sounding. Especially when it gets up around 3000 RPM.

Egghead
BTw : You can fast forward replays by pressing the R3 button.

That's a welcome addition! I hated having to wait until the good part in a replay (8-10 mins sometimes) just to get to the good part. But can you rewind it again?

Uploading Laguna now. It isn't a good quality vid (the good one stutters) but i'm uploading it so you have atleast something to watch while i fix the problem

Ubiquitous
I wish people would stop asking about individual cars and focus on some more important questions.

Many have said there is not an option to use your own cars when racing another player, this needs to be checked out as it's quite important... having to use arcade cars only when racing others is a little annoying.

Can someone confirm the use of memory card cars in multiplayer races, specifically the two player old memory card battle.

Hello everyone. My first post. Might as well get flamed right away. I only managed to read up to page 22. This thread is out of control...

I only looked at Arcade Mode briefly, but I didn't see my garage. Of course the list of cars is huge and they're not grouped by class anymore, but by manufacturer. I could have missed it. I hope I missed it. I didn't look at Two Player Battle.

The other thing, the thing I logged on here to find out, is I don't appear to have recieved anything for my Prologue data. No licences. I thought that maybe some of my B-spec points came from Prologue. Maybe I just hit the wrong button when the Japanese dialog box came up... or maybe there's something I forgot to do in Prologue...

I'm planning to start a new game, but I've got to get someone to read the menus for me.

Anyway, I got credits from my GT3 data. So I started the game with 100,000 credits.

Also, has anyone noticed that when you race in B-spec Director's mode that you not only get the cup, but also the prize money? without even actually racing. It's like fantasy football mode. I thought I was just going to get a preview of the track, but I ended up getting cash!

Another interesting detail is that you have to pay to practice or have a free run now. That, and you don't practice at the race or the championship. You go to the track and pay them to use it.

Yeah, and the guy who changes your oil is animated.

There's a neat diary feature that logs EVERYTHING you do. When you exit a license test it logs your best time and your result. Same with races. It logs all of your parts purchases too. It's found at My Home. I think it's going to get really long, though. Only about 5 days per page!

I haven't noticed where to change your wheels once you've bought them.

There are a lot of details and features that have returned from the original GT. It's nostalgic.
I've totally forgotten how to drive Grand Valley East Section. just vague memories

The physics model is SO much better now.
I especially notice it in the braking and when missing shifts using MT. Trading paint with other cars can really get you out of shape now.

Sorry, I haven't gotten too far in the game. I've been fooling around with the photos and slide-shows as well as just tooling around Nurburgring. but I don't have media to get the photos online! :dunce:

Egghead
Excellent vid great GT4 well GT. 👍 👍 Dont know about the sucky coments about the AI. In GT3 they where in the sand more than on track but here they stayed on course and did not spin out or play in the sand one bit. Thanks Egghead :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back