PS3 General Discussion

I bought a 40 GB PS3 a couple of weeks back now.

$1,300+ (don't remember exact price).

Combo deal: PS3, SixAxis, Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall Of Man, Blue Ray DVD remote
+ Extra SixAxis ($95ish?)
+ Five year warranty ($250)

Why?

you really dont need it, their a solid system, I would return the warranty

You never know, even though it is a very well constructed machine you could drop it and have it not work then do you really want to spend another $400+ on a new PS3 when you don't have to?

I'm not talking about the PS3 breaking down while playing it, I am saying like if you are moving it say from upstairs to downstairs and drop it 4 feet from the ground there is a chance that it may not work properly.

I don't waant to get into a big thing because I love the PS3 and think it is really well built but it isn't indestructable.

I'm not talking about the PS3 breaking down while playing it, I am saying like if you are moving it say from upstairs to downstairs and drop it 4 feet from the ground there is a chance that it may not work properly.

I don't waant to get into a big thing because I love the PS3 and think it is really well built but it isn't indestructable.

Nothing is. I agree with you. A store bought warranty is a good decision no matter how reliable a piece of electronic equipment is. Like you said, you could always drop it. I wouldnt expect it to work properly after that.

Edit: Although, I wouldnt pay $250 on one.

Speaking of dropping things, I did drop mine about 3 feet and nothing at all went wrong on it. Nothing. Now if it were a 360, who knows.

And yes, I would have to get 2 360's. Red ring of death is the only reason why.

I just bought a PS3 on the Dutch ebay (after finding how i had to search on the dutch ebay from my account on the belgian ebay :) )
It's a new starter pack as far as I know, for €525 (+ €10 for shipping).

@Opendriver, what happened to your ps3 anyway? Didnt you get rid of it?

Yeah, I did.

i just never really played it enough to enjoy it. I maybe played it once a week if that. And only for an hour or two, and sometimes I went weeks without even touching it. It spent most of its life F@H, and after 8 months of no use, im stil somewhat far on the F@H leader board.

Good times, they will be missed.

But I do plan on getting a wii soon, seeing as I work retail, I can get one, but it wont be to easy. I plan on selling it anyway, or maybe trading it for a PS3

Good deal?

Hey, I've used it to dry a pair of socks overnight. Worked like a charm.

Plus, not only they were dry, it felt mighty good putting on warm socks on a cold morning. 👍

I just thawed a frozen steak in 15 minutes on th PS3 and used my 360 to cook it medium rare. It had an acquired taste of smoking silicon.

I have run Folding@Home more than playing my PS3 lately. Just have not had the time to play it and figure I might as well make use of it somehow, especially since it could be going to a potentially great cause.

It has struck me that the prices of older PS3 games are not dropping. It seems to me that with the PS2/X box games would drop in price after three or four months, & by six months to a year after release would be at half price. This does not seem to be the case with PS3 games.

On the other hand, the hardware has dropped like a stone...

It has struck me that the prices of older PS3 games are not dropping. It seems to me that with the PS2/X box games would drop in price after three or four months, & by six months to a year after release would be at half price. This does not seem to be the case with PS3 games.

On the other hand, the hardware has dropped like a stone...

I don't know about 4 to 6 months, but most stores I go to now have many new tittles that are 35 or 40 bucks, though most are the tittles that weren't very good in my book like EA sports tittles and games like full auto 2 and blazing angels

Doing the same thing with the 360:

alright, we got it...just a few more codes...there you go...that should be the right password....easy...easy...shut down that thing.....we're almost there....oh....WHAT THE ****? THE RED RING OF DEATH.:lol::mad:

hahahahaha :)👍

PS3 to see VOD in Japan

New news on the video on demand service... the one that was released in Korea is heading to Japan... so hopefully a world wide rollout soon. GT5P will be one of the first games to take advantage of this service via GT-TV.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6183533.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Robin

Back