PS3 General Discussion

I dunno, but i am pissed you stole my avatar on there. I CLEARLY had the little pixel car first.

:D

I got first dibbs :lol:

Its is really narking me this limit to how may friends you have on ur list, especially since I have added you guys from GTP but also some more people I know will be getting PS3's and also people I meet within games and Home when that comes out too.

I just hope Sony up the limit very soon.

I imagine when Home comes out they will have to make the list alot bigger because what would be the point of an online community for meeting people if you can't even add them as your friend. Probably in an upcoming update.

:D

I got first dibbs :lol:

Its is really narking me this limit to how may friends you have on ur list, especially since I have added you guys from GTP but also some more people I know will be getting PS3's and also people I meet within games and Home when that comes out too.

I just hope Sony up the limit very soon.
You can actually do this yourself by simply adding additional user ID's to your PS3... Yes, it's not the same as having hundreds of friends for one ID, although frankly I would find having that many to be rather intrusive and would force me to turn off the pop-up alerts.

Also the advantage of using multiple ID's for your multiple friends is you can organize them by the games you play online with those specific "friends".

As a comparison, while XBL does have a max of 100 friends instead of 50, but you not only have to pay $50 or more a year to get that and play online, more importantly, the PS3 allows you to have multiple free online accounts, thus you could effectively have the ability to keep track of several hundred friends if you wanted to.

BTW: This topic came up a few weeks ago in the following thread

Anyone else having an issue with their PS3 refusing to to connect to do a System Update check?

Also, is there any way of saving given connection settings? I took it away this weekend and connected to a different router and, when I brought it back, it'd forgotten my router settings and WPA Key... The PSP remembers them all just fine...

I was on for a long time earlier today and had no problems connecting, doesn't it make you update if you want to play online so you would have to do the updates when they come out to play online.

Also, is there any way of saving given connection settings? I took it away this weekend and connected to a different router and, when I brought it back, it'd forgotten my router settings and WPA Key... The PSP remembers them all just fine...

I don't think there is..... you have to re-detect the settings every time you connect to a different net connection, it sucks I know!

Robin

Yeah, I think that's how it works.

Right after I got my PS3, waiting for cable to be installed at my place, I took it to my parents' house to connect it, see if everything worked and to download GTHD.
When I finally connected it on my house, I had to do it all over again...

I had a big scare this morning. After work yesterday, I totally passed out from exhaustion. I woke up around 4 and I thought I could play a little bit of Everyday Shooter to get back to sleep. I sat down on the couch and I noticed the blue light on my Samsung wasn't on. The PS3 nor my cable box were not on either, so I checked the surge protector... it wasn't on either.

Oh... ****.

I ran into my room and grabbed a table fan and ran back to test the outlets.

Please don't work, please don't work, please don't work!

Yes! The fan so didn't work either. I unplugged the PS3 and went back into my room and plugged it in and red light turned on. Some how the outlets in the living room malfunctioned. I'll have the electrician sort it out because I'm about to have a heart attack here. I don't need $3,500 in electronics to be fried.

*hugs APC 11 outlet surge protector*

If you have X-mas decorations in that room maybe they sort-circuited and caused a trip switch to trip, or is any other appliance in that room a bit dodgy!

Anyone notice that DVDs and BDs play at a lower volume than games? It's kinda annoying, is there any way around it?

If you have X-mas decorations in that room maybe they sort-circuited and caused a trip switch to trip, or is any other appliance in that room a bit dodgy!

Nope, no decorations and I only had the PS3, tv, and the cable box plugged in.

Anyone notice that DVDs and BDs play at a lower volume than games? It's kinda annoying, is there any way around it?

I'm pretty sure that happens because the movies are playing higher quality sound, like tv shows vs. commercials.

Ya like if you are watching a program in HD the commercials are not broadcasted in HD so there could be a volume difference. On my TV it is the other way around, the HD will be a normal volume then when the commercials come around they are SD and like obnoxiously loud.

Anyone else having an issue with their PS3 refusing to to connect to do a System Update check?

On occasion my cable company does some sort of refresh. It happens about once every couple of months. When they do it I have to unplug my modem and router so that they will reboot and then reaqcuire the new system settings.

I think because the PSP is intended to be mobile that is why it will save multiple WiFi settings where as the PS3 is designed to sit in one spot so I guess they didn't find it necessary to allow multiple access point settings to be saved.

Of course, those of us that love to take it to friends and family houses to show it off find this an annoying process.

Same thing happens if you put a movie in a standalone player, so it is not your PS3. Whenever I am playing games or doing anything that doesn't involve movies on the PS3 my volume knob is set to 25. For TV, DVD, or movies on my PS3 it has to go up to 35-40.

Of course age is media selective; I'm using Blu-Ray and my parents still watch VHS of old movies he taped from the TV. :D

I know that. I'm not THAT young either, reaching for 32 in February.
Haha, you're older than me.

But no the volume thing is something I noticed even with my PS2 and XBox, and even my Wii.

Back