PS3 General Discussion

I hope it plays normal avi's cuz thats what my camera out puts, it would be cool to not have to convert everything.

WMV support? OMGoodness. Now thats awesome.

FINALLY!!!! Divx Support! Works great with Nero's MediaHome.

:D

I've been trying to work around this lack of Divx support since day one, it finally works as it should!

Thanks Sony!

Divx and WMV support? I no longer need PS3 Video 9.

Haven't installed the update yet. Someone let me know how the new formats work.

I'll try it out as soon as I get home from work, I left it updating when I went there at lunchtime. 👍

Pretty sweet in my opinion, lots of videos posted on these forums I couldn't see because of that (my PC is broken, PS3 is a life-saver).

Divx works great! I've only streamed it from my PC, and the quality is very usable. Can't really see any difference watching it from the PC or the PS3. Haven't tried WMV.

Updates works fine , finally got to watch Naruto one piece again :D thank you so much Sony and a Happy Christmas.

nvm, heh. i was lookin at the ps3 site but logged using the ps3 now and update is good. yet to try some video files yet.

Yup that video 9 guy aint going to be getting many downloads from now on!

The codecs work fine just play avi's normally however there isnt any nice little video thumnails like with mpegs.

Yup that video 9 guy aint going to be getting many downloads from now on!

The codecs work fine just play avi's normally however there isnt any nice little video thumnails like with mpegs.

After the Divx video played, I got thumb nails of the clips. Again, I was streaming through Nero, but I assume it would be the same for local copies.

Nice of you to come outta no where wit that find! It says in

# Web Browser

* Allows additional Flash-enabled viewing

I'll have to try it. I already see you can see you wallpaper now when using the web browser

man im so glad about the video codecs. i can finally watch top gear on it without having to convert anything thank god.

After the Divx video played, I got thumb nails of the clips. Again, I was streaming through Nero, but I assume it would be the same for local copies.

After playing around a found that i had to set where i wanted the thumbnail clip to start when viewing the full video, so my bad it does work!

Robin

Does anyone hear zombies moaning?

:sly:

EDIT: it works fairly well, it needs to be smoother to be able to play gt2, but it works ok for resident evil... hopefully they can make it run a little better in the future. Still a very unexpected and awesome addition

You see, It's the PS3's idiosyncrasies that truly define it. Little things like the remote play functionality really show how much thought was put into it's development.

Does anyone know of a good media streaming software that'll work with Vista and the PS3?

Winamp remote suddenly decided not to work properly, and for some odd inexplicable reason Nero won't let me enable Nero Scout, which pretty much renders its MediaHome or whatever it's called useless.

Windows Media Player.

Turn on media streaming on your PS3.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Media Sharing and click on Change... > Allow your PS3 to share files.

This is the best way, IMO, especially with Vista.

After downloading the 2.1 update, I can no longer play GT4 with my G25. :( When the console switches to "PS2 mode", the wheel doesn't do a self diagnostic, and none of the buttons respond. The wheel still works fine with my PS3 games, just not with GT4.

WHY, SONY, WHY?!?!?!

Windows Media Player.

Turn on media streaming on your PS3.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Media Sharing and click on Change... > Allow your PS3 to share files.

This is the best way, IMO, especially with Vista.

Will that support DivX videos?

Back