PS3 General Discussion

My PS3 sometimes randomly says 'An error has occured. You have been signed out of the PlayStation Network' and then a few seconds later it says 'You have been disconnected from the access point'. Why does it do this?

My PS3 sometimes randomly says 'An error has occured. You have been signed out of the PlayStation Network' and then a few seconds later it says 'You have been disconnected from the access point'. Why does it do this?
We need a bit more info:

PS3 model
router type (wired/wireless) and model

I've been having the same problem. I don't think I had the problem in the beginning, or at least not as frequently. I thought that maybe the signal strength was a little too low for the PS3.

I have gotten the signed out of PSN error recently as well, but a general disconnect may be related to the router settings.

Do a Google search for Playstation 3 and Linksys. There are numerous links on certain Linksys models not playing well with a PS3 and how to adjust the settings to make it work.

I kept getting a bunch of errors on the internet today, browsing Youtube. "Cannot load page" (or something similar) "A network error has occurred". Just hitting Back and clicking the link again opened it up, though. Haven't had any other issues besides that, and that only happened today.

Worthless post of the day, I suppose, but it's been a while, so I felt like posting something. :)

I can't login to the PSN, i keep getting an error message that error 8002A548 occurred...

I tried resetting my connection settings, but it tells me that it fails to connect to the PSN because the username or password is wrong.

Can anyone offer help? Or should i just e-mail tech support or something?

Edit: Nevermind, it just fixed itself.

It's a 40GB PS3 and a wireless SpeedTouch Router.
I have absolutely no experience with that router. Someone else will have to help or I suggest googling PS3 and SpeedTouch to see if anyone on the interwebs has had similar issues and fixed it.

All that said, I have noticed that the PSN seems to be having odd hiccups of late. I get failure to login and logged out errors off and on. My initial reaction is to reboot my router, modem and PS3 to reestablish the connection, but it does nothing and then after about 30 minutes everything works fine again.

It is quite odd.

While I have had no problems, according to some users, half of the PSN users seem to have trouble logging in and staying connected, much less playing online, but I seem to have luck in areas others have trouble when they do things, such as having the linksys wrt54g router with no changes with the NAT type, running Folding@Home all the time, and whenever I disconnect it is always a stupid reason like my dad turning the modem off. Wish it was that way for my computer's connection, which seems to drop internet all the time.

I do not know why I went on that long thing about how much luckier I am than most people :P

From,
Chris.

I have absolutely no experience with that router. Someone else will have to help or I suggest googling PS3 and SpeedTouch to see if anyone on the interwebs has had similar issues and fixed it.

All that said, I have noticed that the PSN seems to be having odd hiccups of late. I get failure to login and logged out errors off and on. My initial reaction is to reboot my router, modem and PS3 to reestablish the connection, but it does nothing and then after about 30 minutes everything works fine again.

It is quite odd.

I've been kicked off the servers a few times lately. This never happened before, but no other errors to speak of.

;)

Also, I bought a DS3 this past weekend. Like they say, you don't know what you have until its gone. Works great with SSHD, Iron Man demo, and Lost Via Domus.

Speaking of: I rented Lost Via Domus. Unless you are a fan of the TV show, and willing to get through somewhat boring seek and find gameplay with graphical characters that are out of the deepest realms of the Uncanny Valley, just to get more Lost story in I suggest a pass.

I am downloading a walkthrough just so I can get the story and send it back ASAP.

Never really buy anything online, never imported anything ? :drool: do you need a creditcard to do so?

Here, we have cards called 3V vouchers. You can buy them from shops and then top them up or something, I've never used one though because they cost more then the value you have on them, so credit cards are better value.

-> I have few simple questions:

1. Is it possible to for you to play your mp3 music while playing you favorite game (GT5P) instead of hearing the original OST?

2. If it does, what are the steps to enable to do it.

3. If not, bummer.

^ Thanks guys! :)

Right now it isn't, unless the devs put that in the game (such as Super Stardust HD), but being able to access the XMB (main menu) in-game is planned for this year, with "In-Game communication" planned for the FW 2.4 release in summr.

From,
Chris.

-> I have few simple questions:

1. Is it possible to for you to play your mp3 music while playing you favorite game (GT5P) instead of hearing the original OST?

No, Sony tried being more free with developers than the XBox by making it an optional feature. So, if a developer wants to allow customizable they do it, if not then they don't.

This developer freedom has been both a positive and negative for consumers. On one hand we can get some very large PSN games that would not meet XBLA size limitations and the best online solution is left to the developers.

The negatives would be that there is money to be made by not allowing customizable soundtracks and some online experiences would be better served in an XBL style environment than the peer to peer setup some allow (GT5P is a good example).

Another developer freedom is hard drive installation, which allows developers to be lazy in how they arrange the data on the Blu-Ray, but it also reduces production costs and time. It is both bad and good. Bad in that hard drive space is quickly eaten up, good in that we get quick loading times without production delays caused by the new technology.

As Wallrunner said, Sony has been talking about in-game XMB for a while, which should allow music playback in game, and have promised in-game communication in firmware 2.4. A lot of people have taken in-game communication to mean in-game XMB, but there has been no confirmation of this, and I have a feeling that if it does not allow full XMB access when 2.4 rolls out the Playstation Blog comments section will be a very ugly place.

According to this article it will probably be cheaper to import,
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187066

That says the Australian price is equal to 47 pounds (59 Euro) while if you imported from America it would be about 27 pounds (35 Euro), plus shipping of course.
Prices based on online curency converter.

I imported my DS3 using movietyme.com, paid £32.99 including postage for it (retail for a six axis in the UK is £34.99) and it took 5 days to get to me.

Click for link

Amazon.com sell them for $49.79 (around £25), but general charge more for postage and in my experience are slower than Movietyme, in the UK you often get hit for tax and customs charges with Amazon as well (better known importer so they spot them easier)....

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015AARJI/?tag=gtplanet-20

...however both options are cheaper than buying a SIx-axis in the UK and quicker than waiting for SCEE to release the damn things (I have however heard rumours that the Six-axis is now totally out of stock).

Well worth it, getting back the rumble side of things is great (but annoyed that COD4 doesn't support it) and its seems to be much better built and I far prefer the weight of it.

Regards

Scaff

bought a DS3 last night when I picked up gta4. Works great and although it is noticeably heavier, I haven't noticed any other differences yet.

Back