PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Hey guys,

Some very fast guys in this group. Can I get someone to do me a favour to test out my F10 tune and provide some feedback? I'll message you the set up and the issue I have.

outlaw was still in there, not sure if he's staying.I'll Need to do my qualifier tomorrow, want to try get my time down a wee bit more before I try :P.
I'll try to keep it open. These rooms often go sour on me if I'm by myself too long.

So I did this on my 2nd quali lap:

I see it was discussed earlier in the week but would like to question the ruling.

• The white lines that run the length of each track are considered the track boundaries. This boundary extends in the corners to include the rumble strips.
  • Each driver is expected to keep at least two (x2) tires within these boundaries at all times.

As per the ruling, the white line is the track boundary unless there is rumble strip beyond it (like in most corners). You can therefore run 2 wheels on the grass/dirt and 2 wheels on that rumble strip. Which makes my lap dirty, as outlaw pointed out.

But at Toscana, there's more track (tarmac) which runs beyond the white line. Surely this has to be classed as track too? I mean, surely running 2 wheels on tarmac and 2 wheels on dirt is more clean that running 2 wheels on rumble strip and 2 wheels on grass/dirt?

People have already qualified using the white lines as boundaries so it's really moot at this point.

But for the record IMO 2 on the dirt and 2 on the kerb is still dirty and I never do it intentionally.

A lot of tracks have more tarmac that runs beyond the line. But, one thing that is consistent for all tracks are the white lines themselves. This gives us a general rule to cover all tracks instead of having a new rule set for each track. Toscana is special in that it doesn't have rumble strips (not by choice) but it follows the rule just fine.

Yeah, I forgot to say about that. And that's only the case when there is a run off area or service road like at Nurb GP/F. Which obviously shouldn't be classed as track, unlike this bit at Toscana...

Edit: you can remove me from the quali sheet and give someone else the PP point.

Edit2: if I were to get it that is... saves you removing it later on.

Last edited:
Yeah, I forgot to say about that. And that's only the case when there is a run off area or service road like at Nurb GP/F. Which obviously shouldn't be classed as track, unlike this bit at Toscana...

Edit: you can remove me from the quali sheet and give someone else the PP point.

I think it's safe to say you will get it. I haven't see anyone go below 12.7.

Personally, I'd call that track, but it's too late to change the rule. :/

Not sure what you're talking about. Your first lap was clean, and I'm not sure any has run a 12.510 as a PB. That's 99.9% guaranteed P1.

Another one of the big projects I'm working on right now for PURE is a standard track boundary definition for all tracks. In this case I think it's fair to deem the white line the absolute boundary since that line stays the same all the way around the track.

But somewhere like La Sarthe, where it's a public road most of the time, has broken white lines all over the place, which is why we should ignore those lines and never try to use them as boundaries 'cause they're not consistent.

There's also the grey area with rumble strips making it possible to have two tires on run off and two tires on the strip and having all tires outside the white line.

I don't like making that dirty territory.

But this is a custom track and custom rules made by the creator are clear.

I for one would love to see "4 tires on rumbles or track" become the norm, no idea how it got the way it is.
But as long as the rules are clear (which they are here) I can race to any boundaries set forth. :)

MÜLE_9242;6763958
Personally, I'd call that track, but it's too late to change the rule. :/

hmm... now that I'm not on the corporate proxy and can see the pic I'd say dirty.

A bunch of us in this room:
LV6wz.jpg

I just finished my qualifying. Really expected the worse but I ended up beating my PB!

Got a 1:12.947 on my second flyer, ecstatic about it 👍

Good luck to every one, it's a tough course!

Regarding track boundaries:

To me, a solid white line is the outher bounderie on all tracks. Some corners have rumble strips that line up (On the outside of the white line) with the white line, touching the track bouderies with 2 wheels makes your line of choice clean (IMO).

BUT ( :lol: ), if you go wide and it does'nt gain you any time, the laptime should stay. It's subjective, but pretty easy to determine. You just know if time was gained or not by looking. If you're insecure, it shoud be regarded as a dirty quali..

Last edited:
Completly random thought: Spotting guide on 1st page with the cars in profile so you see the paint jobs. Probably not practical to do, just a random thought.

I was planning to qualy for this and GT4 tonight, but GT5 isn't letting me join any lobbies for some reason. I'll try again later tonight, but if it doesn't work out I'll have to qualy early tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems things are working again.

Last edited:
Yeah I think we should lift the separate D1 deadline this week since it seems a few people are having problems with PSN.

R1600Turbo
Okay, well hopefully he sticks around because if there's room for him he can still race. Will just have to start at the rear.

Appreciate the offer, but I picked up some OT at work on Sunday night... Could potentially make the D1 race, but I don't wanna take a chance of ruining a race for someone... Thanks anyway 👍

I just finished my qualifying. Really expected the worse but I ended up beating my PB!

Got a 1:12.947 on my second flyer, ecstatic about it 👍

Good luck to every one, it's a tough course!

And so it is on. :mischievous:

I realise people like to see 2 wheels on tarmac at all times (or 4 wheels on tarmac and rumble strip, slight difference). So when an opportunity like this arises everybody screams that it's dirty because they like to see realistic lines being used. You should do yourselves all a favour and not use OLR track boundary rules and instead say 2 wheels on tarmac at all times (inside the white line).

Back