PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
That practice race was fun but I need to get back to not crashing every race and taking people down with me.
Sorry Dr. Watson, I couldn't see you so I thought you had already passed.

Last night, first I froze entering the track, then aliens dc'd, then Bortech got stuck exiting the room, then aliens couldn't join anymore, then Troylee couldn't join, then I got stuck exiting and had to restart again, then Troylee joined but aliens still couldn't, then we(aliens and I) tried 2 private lounges and a public room, to get aliens in my room or I in his, nothing worked, and then I went to bed.

Just thought I'd share more detail.

Yeah I hope Jason allows more people to qualify for D1.

Yeah that's fine. I may not be around though. Got some things to do this after noon, then the V8 Supercar race is on at 9.

Yeah that's fine. I may not be around though. Got some things to do this after noon, then the V8 Supercar race is on at 9.
I should be around most of this afternoon. 👍
Last night, first I froze entering the track, then aliens dc'd, then Bortech got stuck exiting the room, then aliens couldn't join anymore, then Troylee couldn't join, then I got stuck exiting and had to restart again, then Troylee joined but aliens still couldn't, then we(aliens and I) tried 2 private lounges and a public room, to get aliens in my room or I in his, nothing worked, and then I went to bed.

Just thought I'd share more detail.
Odd. Yesterday, I was online for quite a bit of time, but had zero issues. :confused:

I probably jinxed myself for tomorrow by saying that. :dunce:

I wonder if Aderrrm can make the new race time?
And why do we have a Q deadline if it keeps getting moved?

I wonder if Aderrrm can make the new race time?
And why do we have a Q deadline if it keeps getting moved?

I'm a little surprised to hear that people can still qualify for D1. Just because the race has been postponed, this doesn't mean the qualifying deadline should change. Anyone who missed the deadline, missed the deadline and should start at the back in my opinion, unless people are claiming that the reason they couldn't qualify was because go the GT5 servers?????

Sooo, yeah, for some reason I was thinking of GT4 start time, not 4PM, at which time I'll be leaving for work.

So I still can't make it.:ouch:

He's watching a stream on Justin.tv somewhere.

And about extending qualifying. The way it usually works is people that are already qualified under the previous deadline have their spots locked but if there's a few people that want to qualify with the new deadline they can only compete for positions at the back along with the other late-comers.

@carracerptp
There's a deadline so we don't have to qualify people minutes before the race start. Ideally a few hours or at least an hour before green flag time is good so every thing can be easily sorted out and every one clearly notified about positions leading up to the race.

What channel are the V8's on?

Justin.tv. The guy's name on there is Pigboy or something. Doesn't seem to be streaming at the moment.

Edit: His screen name is correct, and he's streaming now. Not sure what's on at the moment, but the race starts in less than 2 hours.

Last edited:
Justin.tv. The guy's name on there is Pigboy or something. Doesn't seem to be streaming at the moment.

Edit: His screen name is correct, and he's streaming now. Not sure what's on at the moment, but the race starts in less than 2 hours.

Found the stream, thanks! 👍

Practice and Qualifying Room Open:

1472-6681-3329-8085-1086

Need a steward so I can qualify, please.

Last edited:
Does anyone else wonder why we still play this game?

Because there's no other racing sims on consoles worth playing?

Shame about the PSN sucking balls earlier today. Oh well, at least I got a chance to practice the nighttime part of the race with other drivers on the track (only practiced night driving by myself in my Lounge until today). Sorry about causing that pile-up, I got myself wedged in the guard rail, and didn't think to ghost my car before people were plowing into the back of me. Live and learn I guess.

In case anyone's interested, Speed's going to air today's V8 race next week, though if I remember correctly, they condense the entire weekend into about 2 hours.

Edit: Your room still open Owen?

Last edited:
So, umm..... PSN is going to be down tomorrow starting at 3pm EST and will be down until early Monday morning.

Looks like we may have to push everything back one week. 👎

So, umm..... PSN is going to be down tomorrow starting at 3pm EST and will be down until early Monday morning.

Does it mean that all quali runs are stuck? or deleted with a 2nd chance for us?

Qualifying runs will be locked in for D1. D2 should still be able to qualify tomorrow morning before PSN goes off-line.

LOL

:lol: That could explain why the servers were ****** today.

Yeah something is definitely up. I'm in a room right now testing my V8 Supercars and the server number is 4711. Some odd numbers going around today.

Wow, what great heads up there, Sony. :rolleyes:

At least it frees up time for some things I really should attend to.

Back