PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

If you can get consistent 33's out of it, let me know. I couldn't find it.

PB @ 1:34.110
Avg @ 1:34.5xx
Worn Tires 1:36.xxx

I find the most speed in this car tweaking the lsd. I made 1 minor adjustment going from 10/10/10 in the rear to 10/20/5 and knocked off .5 tenths. I'll finish with the front lsd tomorrow, and suspension tuning and I should be able to hit those 33's. Definitely move ballast all the way to the rear because these cars weakest point is turn in at corner entry. They turn in slow but the awd pulls you out at corner exit so you don't lose your position to the following car. I also toe in the front for more turn in and run toe out in the rear to get the rear to rotate around also. I'll have a more full tune setup for you tomorrow night, since we're pst the timing should be right on! :sly:👍

joetruckv8
PB @ 1:34.110
Avg @ 1:34.5xx
Worn Tires 1:36.xxx

I find the most speed in this car tweaking the lsd. I made 1 minor adjustment going from 10/10/10 in the rear to 10/20/5 and knocked off .5 tenths. I'll finish with the front lsd tomorrow, and suspension tuning and I should be able to hit those 33's. Definitely move ballast all the way to the rear because these cars weakest point is turn in at corner entry. They turn in slow but the awd pulls you out at corner exit so you don't lose your position to the following car. I also toe in the front for more turn in and run toe out in the rear to get the rear to rotate around also. I'll have a more full tune setup for you tomorrow night, since we're pst the timing should be right on! :sly:👍

I used this car in the pre-season race and pulled off second. Probably just luck with a bit of skill, lol.

I'm getting mid 1:34.xxx on nurb, but I am early on the brakes. Were all in the ballpark looks like.

I used this car in the pre-season race and pulled off second. Probably just luck with a bit of skill, lol.

I'm getting mid 1:34.xxx on nurb, but I am early on the brakes. Were all in the ballpark looks like.

That makes me feel better. Seems I always pick cars that are a bit average in outright speed, but I know it'll race good. Honestly the setup I have feels great, it's just not a good hot lap setup. I did manage to pull off a 33.5 in a mock qualifying run, so hopefully I can back that up. Great thing about the AWD is that you can hop over curbs with more confidence, so that's nice.

Internet issue seems to be fixed so I'll be qualifying tonight. 👍

Looking like my time is better than I originally thought.

Yes it looks like it will be hard to beat, your car must be very nice through the final chicane.

Edit: i forgot that i wont have time to q tomorrow, will there be a steward in within a hour?

Im at 1472 6118 4216 8215 8156 need some practice first

Last edited:
Ha :) im 3 tenths faster on my pb in the middle sector compared to your practice time but im loosing everything in the final chicane i think.

Same. When I was in a practice room with him, I was losing at least 6 tenths in the last sector, and I was hauling through the chicane.

My losses looked like this:

Sector 1: -4 tenths
Sector 2: -1 tenth
Sector 3: -6 tenths

= slow.

Yes it looks like it will be hard to beat, your car must be very nice through the final chicane.

Edit: i forgot that i wont have time to q tomorrow, will there be a steward in within a hour?

On my way!

Been online most of today and finally broke into the 33s , still think ill qualy a 34 tho

That 33.3 is looking very strong.
Good job Tim 👍

Edit :
Johnkiller2
1:33.776
1:33.414
1:33.375 clean

Skengdigi
1:34.033
1:33.906 clean
1:34.655

Last edited:
Just to make sure everyone is aware. The rumble strips are classed as track.

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.​

Ha :) im 3 tenths faster on my pb in the middle sector compared to your practice time but im loosing everything in the final chicane i think.

Sector2's my weak spot in that lap for sure... I over-cooked the the GP/F bypass loop. s1 is about .1 off my pb; but s3 was almost perfect. The fastest I've ever hit the 2nd split time is 1:04.20x. If you're hitting 1:03 there I'm in a lot of trouble.

1:33.375 clean

Just barely dodged that bullet. :nervous:

Sector2's my weak spot in that lap for sure... I over-cooked the the GP/F bypass loop. s1 is about .1 off my pb; but s3 was almost perfect. The fastest I've ever hit the 2nd split time is 1:04.20x. If you're hitting 1:03 there I'm in a lot of trouble.

Just barely dodged that bullet. :nervous:

Yes got a1.03.9xx on that lap, but its hard to nail it

Room closed

The top 3 in qualifying so far are only separated by 0.051.

Same. When I was in a practice room with him, I was losing at least 6 tenths in the last sector, and I was hauling through the chicane.

My losses looked like this:

Sector 1: -4 tenths
Sector 2: -1 tenth
Sector 3: -6 tenths

= slow.

Are you doing the same misstake as i did by using jsgt 2 track limits? that helped me.

Latest Posts

Back