PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

Had a good time today. Little lag and slightly to much fuel. Oh and got held up following Eddie in pit on first stop. All in all. I'm happy to finish higher then I started.

Looking forward to next weeks race!!!

Thanks again for the clean racing guys. PURE FTW.

Lag: Tim usually has clean rooms not sure why today we had some lagging and frame rate drops.

On that did anyone have lag or Frame rate issues last week?

Also February 16th I am tentative. Going to be out of town the 15th with the GF. Not sure what time we will be back Saturday. Gonna try.

nervous about disconnecting... now I wish the game did cut me off.

Recap:
* I finally manage to qualify at the front of D1, and someone smashes into me turn1 of lap2... ruining my car.

* the car becomes completely undriveable by lap 8 and I'm dropping places like a hip-hop beat

* pit lap 9... game says I need 0 fuel... I take the free 12 to be sure

* drive like hell to pull myself back up to basse on a loooong 2nd stint

* come in when he does in the high 20's; pit crew says 0 again... so I believe them this time. get out 1st and fight to stay in front of basse

* catch the lead cars; jason peels off to pit and overtake wii for p1 a few laps later... supposedly clear sailing to the checker

* Push, push, push ... 2 sec gap to p2

* wtf I'm out of fuel with ~8 laps still to go?

* pit crew says 12? I take 14... dry again with 2 to go...

* pit crew says 4? I put in 12 again...

EFFFF YOUUUU Gran Turismo. Can PD do anything right?!?

"Fast Fuel" has been in there for 2 patches now... am I retarded for assuming it wasn't bugged?

Jesus... this game really hates me lately. I was going to test pit strategy and fuel this morning but it was disconnecting me... So I trusted the game and it ruined me.

GR til the game decided to murder the fun Basse and Wii.

:mad:

Alright watched the replay. First I want to say sorry to Phaedrus for ruining his race along with mine. Last I checked you guys were a few car lengths behind but I guess with the traffic in the first few corners you caught up pretty quickly. I didn't even think to check if you had caught up and swerved like an idiot.

As for the rest of the race, after I pit for damage I was 48 seconds behind the leader. Before I had to pit for fuel because the 🤬 game was incorrect AGAIN, I was 30 seconds behind. Over the course of the race I gained a lot of time and if I hadn't had to pit for fuel at the end TWICE, I would have finished 5th or 6th.

Game said 16 liters on first stop, I put 23. Bad move.
Game said 6 liters on my forced stop, I put 12. Ran out in last corner.

Bull:censored:!

That's weird, you put in a total of 35 liters and I only put 28 and made the finish on fumes.

Sorry about your bad races guys. I had a pretty good one myself, I only really deserve 6th place or so since I got on the podium due to other people's problems.

We need to put a big part about making sure to fuel up properly in the race brief since we're running fast tire wear and the automatic pit stop fuel suggestion is broken. Big font.

Interested in hearing how D2 went.

I was hauling the mail trying to gain time the whole race so maybe I used it up faster. I short shifted like a mofo the last couple laps to try and squeeze it out but to no avail. I missed out on 8th spot by a few feet. :(

nervous about disconnecting... now I wish the game did cut me off.

Recap:
* I finally manage to qualify at the front of D1, and someone smashes into me turn1 of lap2... ruining my car.

* the car becomes completely undriveable by lap 8 and I'm dropping places like a hip-hop beat

* pit lap 9... game says I need 0 fuel... I take the free 12 to be sure

* drive like hell to pull myself back up to basse on a loooong 2nd stint

* come in when he does in the high 20's; pit crew says 0 again... so I believe them this time. get out 1st and fight to stay in front of basse

* catch the lead cars; jason peels off to pit and overtake wii for p1 a few laps later... supposedly clear sailing to the checker

* Push, push, push ... 2 sec gap to p2

* wtf I'm out of fuel with ~8 laps still to go?

* pit crew says 12? I take 14... dry again with 2 to go...

* pit crew says 4? I put in 12 again...

EFFFF YOUUUU Gran Turismo. Can PD do anything right?!?

"Fast Fuel" has been in there for 2 patches now... am I retarded for assuming it wasn't bugged?

Jesus... this game really hates me lately. I was going to test pit strategy and fuel this morning but it was disconnecting me... So I trusted the game and it ruined me.

GR til the game decided to murder the fun Basse and Wii.

:mad:

Yeah it could have been a nice battle between you, me, johan and wiifreak... I got 0 liters as recommendation both stops to. And assumed that the draft would have helped a bit so i only added 40 liters total instead of 47. But i ran out of fuel with 2 laps to go but i happened at the pit entry so i only lost 4 positions.

Lets hope the frames are on my side next week, was not fun at all from time to time. Was even hard to do 33sec laps on my own, and when did my practice race i did 33sec laps to around lap 10 so my pace was really compromised by that.

Even though it was some problem with the connection i had fun :)

Yeah it could have been a nice battle between you, me, johan and wiifreak... I got 0 liters as recommendation both stops to. And assumed that the draft would have helped a bit so i only added 40 liters total instead of 47. But i ran out of fuel with 2 laps to go but i happened at the pit entry so i only lost 4 positions.

Lets hope the frames are on my side next week, was not fun at all from time to time. Was even hard to do 33sec laps on my own, and when did my practice race i did 33sec laps to around lap 10 so my pace was really compromised by that.

Even though it was some problem with the connection i had fun :)

Jeez, and you had 40 liters and still ran out?

I wonder why my fuel consumption was better than the rest, 5 gear thing?

1EB21F39-06F6-497B-84B5-E104B860A83E-4109-000004E9213F1F57_zpsbef566b0.jpg

Hahahaha never noticed this extra light

Game told me zero fuel each stop. The fuel suggestion is garbage on normal. Completely useless on fast or very fast.

lol, yeah I noticed that light for the first time today too, xD.

Wth is that supposed to be for? Mining? xD

Mining hahaha , i put on way too much fuel ruined my race i basically filled back up , ill definitely test fuel for motegi and the rest of the season

It's too bad we aren't running any day/night cycle tracks. The light would look awesome in the dark. At least I have my bright blue rims :D

Anyways, I went for a one stop and put in 40 liters, and at the end I still had about 1-2 laps of fuel left over. I think if I went for a two stop I may have been able to challenge john for the win, but I'm still really happy with second 👍

Last edited:
I got screwed over by fuel as well. But not before I screwed myself over a few times. Had a cat good enough for 4th I think. Possibly even third. Oh well.

We need to put a big part about making sure to fuel up properly in the race brief since we're running fast tire wear and the automatic pit stop fuel suggestion is broken. Big font.

I really really really really really wish someone had though to mention in the thread that "fast fuel" bugged the pit-crew. I had no idea; turned my race into a bit of a joke. :grumpy:

anyone get a 32?

if not my 33.0 at least should be FL.

Game told me zero fuel each stop. The fuel suggestion is garbage on normal. Completely useless on fast or very fast.

hmm... TBH I've never had a problem on Normal. It's usually balls-on accurate. Just usually ends up shorting you a litre or two due to the rolling start giving you better average fuel mileage than the game would expect. So it's guess is usually 1/2-1 lap short at the end.

Thanks Steve 👍 Having the replay saves headaches for sure.

Oh and yeah Tim, we really need that in the race brief, not that it'll be as effective anymore, but a constant reminder's nice.

Johan did mention the fuel matter before our pre-season race, don't know why no one thought to do it this time.

I was busy for the pre-season so it completely blind-sided me. :(
first time I've ever used wear > normal too.

Gran Turismo never fails to suck it seems.
One day I'll learn and stop playing it.

Wow had no idea about the fast setting until race start. I ended up pitting 5 times I believe because for fuel. If I would have known that, I could of competed for 1st place today. I felt like Vettel at Abu Dhabi starting from last place, taking damage on lap 1, and still driving my butt up to a podium. I'm going to check fast laps I keep taking chunks out of the front runners, but bad pit strategy had me fighting to keep my 3rd place from Sailor!

Btw GT5 got my re fueling wrong too twice! 👎

Alright watched the replay. First I want to say sorry to Phaedrus for ruining his race along with mine. Last I checked you guys were a few car lengths behind but I guess with the traffic in the first few corners you caught up pretty quickly. I didn't even think to check if you had caught up and swerved like an idiot.

As for the rest of the race, after I pit for damage I was 48 seconds behind the leader. Before I had to pit for fuel because the 🤬 game was incorrect AGAIN, I was 30 seconds behind. Over the course of the race I gained a lot of time and if I hadn't had to pit for fuel at the end TWICE, I would have finished 5th or 6th.

Game said 16 liters on first stop, I put 23. Bad move.
Game said 6 liters on my forced stop, I put 12. Ran out in last corner.

Bull:censored:!

No sweat Jason, i figured you just didn't see my superb exit of previous corner, doesn't matter. It was only my first chance for some serious spotlight and I'm sure there will be even better chances later... looking forward to racing with you anytime 👍 you had made superb recovery... especially since fuel f* you additionally :crazy:

wish i could join the race, had problems with my internett:guilty:, but that will be fixed before next race i think. gratulations to jhonkiller in d1 and cam-from-nj in d2.:)

Just wanted to add that if anyone has any incidents to report to go ahead and PM me or twisted. We're investigating all the same as in JGTS.

Back