PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

For Those Wondering...

Putting fuel in takes a long time in GT5. Taking too much is a "NOT-FTW" strategy for sure.

I think its better to do a little more than 5 laps to measure the average fuel consumption per lap. I've used 10 laps, the more the better. I now done two races excluding this series first at Fuji, and in both races I ended up taking on a little too much fuel but not too bad. What I think might happening is that when there is less fuel in the tank, the car gets lighter, and it will use less fuel/lap. Or maybe you save fuel when being in peoples slip.

But I will not count on it and take on less fuel than what I get by measuring the average consumption on 10 laps.
In all my tests so far, the average drops enough with lightweight of low fuel that in 5 laps you can easily safely calculate your fuel.
You will end up with too much though, and to calculate exactly how much is lost on low fuel, you'll need to run a tank out.

Really a question of how much effort you want to put into your strategy, as guaranteed these cars do not all use the same amount.

I usually calculate fuel on a long-run morning practice race to figure out tire deg and stint-length at the same time. GT5 was disconnecting me from my lounge all morning when I tried that Saturday :lol:

Round 2 | Twin Ring Motegi | Specifics

6jBFD7w.png

T8kvUo5.jpg

6jBFD7w.png

500px-Twin_Ring_Motegi_map-2.svg.png

6jBFD7w.png

≡Qualifying ≡

Event information - Saturday, February 9th

Qualifying deadline: 09.00 UTC | 01.00 PST |04.00 EST

one outlap - three timed laps - one chance.
All qualifying will be done in public race rooms.
Only selected PURE officials may observe qualifying session.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Specific ≡

Pit Entry: Only thing to keep in mind is to not enter too fast. The game will penalise you or even hold you in the pits with no release. DO NOT use any barriers or walls as guide or to gain time/speed.

Pit Exit: Nothing of any note. Just be aware of cars approaching the braking zone on your outside.

≡Running Wide ≡

There's a few spots to be extra careful at.
  1. On the approach to turn 12 (on the map above) under the bridge, be sure to keep 2 wheels inside the white line.
  2. Last chicane. This is also a spot where a lot of time can be gained by cutting too much. Keep 2 wheels on the rumble strip at all times, and you're fine.
≡Fuel ≡

The in-game fuel calculator doesn't function correctly. You must do a test run of approx half distance and calculate your own fuel usage. If you follow the guidelines set by the game, you will run out of fuel

6jBFD7w.png

A massive thanks to Tim for keeping everything running smooth yesterday.
Also thanks for the guys hosting the rooms.
Looking at the results it seems as though 4 drivers didn't start the D2 race;
Stretch
Kolden73
Koleen
TOXTAS.
Is that right? Was it connection issues?

I am going to bring forward the qualifying deadline to give us more time to sort the hosts and room splits etc.
Everyone will need to do a little testing for fuel this week!
I will be running a full distance practice race on Wednesday if anyone wants to join, details to be announced later.

If anyone has any incidents that they would like the stewards to look at, please pm either myself or wardez. We won't go looking if we aren't asked to.
Mule told me to go out, and then back,since I invisible to the host. And then connect problems when trying to get in again. A petty, cause probably would have won with my fuel plan, I'm not a stranger to fast fuel consumption.. I'll be suprised if I have that advantage in next race.

-Me and Sers were at my house in the same room, which this time led to connection problems(Has worked fine before). Will not happen again. We decided to drop him, let me run. It ended in nothing:nervous:

Hopefully the connections will be good this weekend. I am running a full distance race on Wednesday to test tyre wear and fuel consumption, feel free to join, everyone welcome.

Anyone around want to practice? I'd host but my upload rate <1Mbps.

Well I reckon it's time to queue a replay and take a nap, er wait, study driving lines. Yep, that's what I meant.

Hopefully catch someone on after.

Room open
1472-4710-9952-5902-6253

Room left to Basse, PSN isn't liking England much tonight!

Last edited:
Give up with my connection tonight, might be something to so with the weather as there's about 40mph winds here or something. Have a feeling some of the big guys will break into the 58's as managed a 59.3 with 0.241 up on first sector so have a feeling that would of been a 59.1 or so. Lots of room for error though, will be an interesting race come Saturday.

Give up with my connection tonight, might be something to so with the weather as there's about 40mph winds here or something. Have a feeling some of the big guys will break into the 58's as managed a 59.3 with 0.241 up on first sector so have a feeling that would of been a 59.1 or so. Lots of room for error though, will be an interesting race come Saturday.
Pre-season testing Iirc I had the group around 1:58.5-58.8. 👍

WT. cant be serious. Not with the lexus i hope?
It's possible I had tire wear off or on slow for that. I tend to test initially in sterile environments. Not sure exactly how it would all translate, basing a guess on your times I'm sure you're in the ballpark then. 👍

BTW need you to register for Series X so I can put your time(s) in. 👍

Just an FYI. The main reason why I didn't sign up for this series is because I'm not sure if I can be at every race (Saturday's are a lot trickier for me atm).

If you need another body, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll check this thread in case someone needs to Q. 👍

It's possible I had tire wear off or on slow for that. I tend to test initially in sterile environments. Not sure exactly how it would all translate, basing a guess on your times I'm sure you're in the ballpark then. 👍

BTW need you to register for Series X so I can put your time(s) in. 👍

Done.

Im gonna test with the arta 08 tomorrow if i have time and see if i can get under 59 with it :) a 58 withe the lexus is atm far away. If i just can get sector one down under 34 again im doing a 59.1 at best. Lets just hope that ist slower on fast tyre wear. :/

Just for kicks:

Arta 08: 34.355 | 28.807 | 25.130 | 31.458 = 1:59.750
Cusco 08: 34.440 | 28.836 | 25.002 | 31.357 = 1:59.635

Didn't really have a good setup, and I'm not that good with race cars.

Just an FYI. The main reason why I didn't sign up for this series is because I'm not sure if I can be at every race (Saturday's are a lot trickier for me atm).

If you need another body, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll check this thread in case someone needs to Q. 👍

It's ok to sign up as part time. Ideally in either the Garaiya '08 , Subaru 03 or MR-S.

Man I would kill for a little bit of front downforce here. I forgot how much this place mkes me wish my rig was complete'

P1 session (No Tuning) '08 Cusco Subaru
PB: 2:00.530
Avg: 2:01.3xx
Worn: 2:03.7xx

Just worked on pit strategy tonight. Tune session going down tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice Twisted'

Dave: Do I actually have a team or am I a lone wolf trying desperately to keep up with the pack. If all we are going to count is my results then team competition is already over...Bob

Dave: Do I actually have a team or am I a lone wolf trying desperately to keep up with the pack. If all we are going to count is my results then team competition is already over...Bob

Hi Bob,
Da6 has had to pull out due to his study schedule. You are team mates with VELOCI who did state he could only be part time. Although when he races he will score well. Hopefully you will have another new team mate before this weekends race.

Dave:I feel so lonely. I may need a hug.

Veloci is a GT-Academy finalist, so when he can compete he'll be near the front. He's very fun to race against as I have to give it everything to stay with him.
However if Rich (outlaw4rc) (or carracer? he'd fit right in here) have a fancy for the 08 Garaiya we could fill that empty spot and give you some more company. Though I'd be terrified if Rich and Veloci showed up the same week to 1-2 us all. :lol:

joetruckv8
P1 session (No Tuning) '08 Cusco Subaru
PB: 2:00.530
Avg: 2:01.3xx
Worn: 2:03.7xx

Just worked on pit strategy tonight. Tune session going down tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice Twisted'

Good run joe first race. First 5 lap test on Motegi last night. Best was 2:01.745. I don't do Motegi enough till now, lol. Lots of practice ahead.

Good run joe first race. First 5 lap test on Motegi last night. Best was 2:01.745. I don't do Motegi enough till now, lol. Lots of practice ahead.

I won't get any track time until later in the week. I can't sit in a chair for more than a few minutes at a time right now...

Back