PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

I had a doctors (chiropractor) appointment yesterday but it got rescheduled until Wednesday. I can sit in a chair, it's the getting up and walking afterwords that's the tough part.

Dr_Watson
Veloci is a GT-Academy finalist, so when he can compete he'll be near the front. He's very fun to race against as I have to give it everything to stay with him.
However if Rich (outlaw4rc) (or carracer? he'd fit right in here) have a fancy for the 08 Garaiya we could fill that empty spot and give you some more company. Though I'd be terrified if Rich and Veloci showed up the same week to 1-2 us all. :lol:

If someone tosses me a setup for the Garaiya, I'll be happy to hop in. :)

To be honest, I'm more of a 5th-8th place driver with race cars, and with a MR layout, probably worse.

grazbro
Good run joe first race. First 5 lap test on Motegi last night. Best was 2:01.745. I don't do Motegi enough till now, lol. Lots of practice ahead.

Likewise my friend! If you get a room going post it on the op and I will try to join' 👍

If someone tosses me a setup for the Garaiya, I'll be happy to hop in. :)

To be honest, I'm more of a 5th-8th place driver with race cars, and with a MR layout, probably worse.

Yeah, you really hate that oversteer... Though the '08's not as loose as the '06.

CSLACR
Yeah, you really hate that oversteer... Though the '08's not as loose as the '06.
I'll admit that the Cusco drove like a bus compared to the Arta. I do worry about the rear tire wear as I was chewing them up in my short test at Motegi. I've already learned when driving the JGTS Z that I can't really fix that.

I'll admit that the Cusco drove like a bus compared to the Arta. I do worry about the rear tire wear as I was chewing them up in my short test at Motegi. I've already learned when driving the JGTS Z that I can't really fix that.
You can add chassis rigidity, and not drop the rear toe too far to keep from sliding excessively, but that's about it. MR-S is pretty much the same, since I'm running around 30/30 aero.

This is what you call a final gear in another language, apparently
relationship end cash = 2.950
Thought I'd share that. :dopey:

CSLACR
You can add chassis rigidity, and not drop the rear toe too far to keep from sliding excessively, but that's about it. MR-S is pretty much the same, since I'm running around 30/30 aero.

This is what you call a final gear in another language, apparently

Thought I'd share that. :dopey:

I'll have to test those out once I get back from this two day trip I'm having. IIRC, I did that lap with even springs, dampers, bars, and 5/60/10 LSD. Not sure what my gears were but I think my final was a one something.

On that note, I really wish that tranny trick is fixed some day. If it is, it's one less thing I have to mess with.

Not sure what the tranny trick is, so I'm pretty certain I'm not using it. Don't really care either. I usually just lengthen 1-2, shorten 3-4-5 & 6 if it's there, then lengthen the final drive. to stretch them all back out to the top speed I need. This just makes the shifting slightly faster. Works ok for me.

Not sure what the tranny trick is, so I'm pretty certain I'm not using it. Don't really care either. I usually just lengthen 1-2, shorten 3-4-5 & 6 if it's there, then lengthen the final drive. to stretch them all back out to the top speed I need. This just makes the shifting slightly faster. Works ok for me.

something goofy in GT where lower final drive basically always provides better acceleration.
I'd never say "tranny trick" though... as that sounds ... well, Rich lives in Vegas so he can get away with it. :sly:

edit: oh by the way here you go

Last edited:
R1600Turbo

Drop top speed some, lengthen top speed. Rinse and repeat a few times to jack up your gear ratios. Result? Instant time gains.

Honestly, if you haven't done this tactic at this point, then you really should test it out. Guaranteed you'll either be thrilled at the faster times or otherwise miffed that others had gone faster than you solely because of some gimmick that I would call cheating except it technically is not because the game lets you do it.

If you remember FMSC4, I was probably setting the gears just like you are now for the first race. I Q'ed way down the grid, but someone told me about this thing and look what happened.

I'll have to test those out once I get back from this two day trip I'm having. IIRC, I did that lap with even springs, dampers, bars, and 5/60/10 LSD. Not sure what my gears were but I think my final was a one something.

On that note, I really wish that tranny trick is fixed some day. If it is, it's one less thing I have to mess with.

Drop top speed some, lengthen top speed. Rinse and repeat a few times to jack up your gear ratios. Result? Instant time gains.

Honestly, if you haven't done this tactic at this point, then you really should test it out. Guaranteed you'll either be thrilled at the faster times or otherwise miffed that others had gone faster than you solely because of some gimmick that I would call cheating except it technically is not because the game lets you do it.

If you remember FMSC4, I was probably setting the gears just like you are now for the first race. I Q'ed way down the grid, but someone told me about this thing and look what happened.
I've been telling you guys about this, for literally years now.

And actually, on most cars, (especially with all of these running PL) you can achieve gears that work just as well by simply setting the final drive to minimum and then making the gears normally. (keeping the low final drive)
The purpose of the "tranny trick" itself, is to bring the gears super-close together, which our powerbands just don't need and can't gain from. You might lose some time shifting though. That's a mistake I see a lot, drivers with gears revving out at 140mph, on cars with a maximum hp covering 2,500 rpm. The only thing those closer gears can do on that powerband, is make you shift a bunch more times.

Regarding the real-world credibility, I've heard a decent theory on it having less effective rotating mass in the drivetrain, though I don't recall specifics. Essentially it's gear weight vs final gear weight, x rotation of each, added together, etc etc.
Whether it's true or even possible in real life I don't know, but I couldn't say I wasn't told so if it is true either.

If the drawback is shifting a lot more, I'll pass. I like setting up my gearing so that I have to shift less.

Should've went for my Altezza then!

5 gears, all day baby.

But you and Dom are talking technique vs. utility. It's about being able to put peak power down more consistently, that's all.

R1600Turbo
If the drawback is shifting a lot more, I'll pass. I like setting up my gearing so that I have to shift less.

You can still bump up the ratios while keeping those gears wide. Just takes some experimenting on your end.

Me, on the other hand, will likely break the paddle shifters one of these days due to overuse. What can I say? Downshifts help me with my cornering. If I tried doing it your way, might as well build a permanent home at every corner exit. :lol:

I just like being able to turn through the corners without having to worry about fumbling for the paddles to shift. Less to worry about, less potential for mistakes, etc.

What time are you hoping to have a room open for the fuel/tire test tonight Dave?

I will try to get on about 20:30 UTC.
We can either run a full distance or 2 15-20 lap races. Race about 21:00 hopefully. If the football is an issue, we could always race at 21-40.
Whatever suits everyone really?

I'd love to get there and i'll try, but as usual my circumstances are quite unstable, so i'll just follow... the flow

I will try to get on about 20:30 UTC.
We can either run a full distance or 2 15-20 lap races. Race about 21:00 hopefully. If the football is an issue, we could always race at 21-40.
Whatever suits everyone really?

I be there.:)

Room open
1472-6681-3158-0101-7747

I have now left the room. It was still open though.

Last edited:
Back