PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
The shots from today's race will be up sooner during the week. I tried to take shots of nearly every car, or at least most. I may have ended up with more of the Aston Martin...but could you blame me? When it looks like that?

Anyway, enjoy!
:dopey: at the pics.

I'll probably be a small blue blur in the background in the Bronzestone D1 pics, though. Epic racing shot, epic racing shot, lonely blue Corvette, epic racing shot... :lol:

gj... Still not sure why you always letter-box the narrow aspect ratio ones... I always find it distracting.

:dopey: At the pics.

Why thank you. :embarrassed:

i'll probably be a small blue blur in the background in the bronzestone d1 pics, though. Epic racing shot, epic racing shot, lonely blue corvette, epic racing shot... :lol:

I'll make sure to include some from the start to "simulate" an intensive battle for you. :lol:

... Still not sure why you always letter-box the narrow aspect ratio ones... I always find it distracting.

It's part of my current style, I suppose. It's a carryover from my real-life shots (Flickr). I don't do all of them like that, I imagined not everyone was a fan. I think they work a little better for the real life shots.

Last edited:
First of all, awesome pictures Longbow!! Look forward to seeing some of the gorgeous Maserati soon too (not in mid-crash though please :))

I was the last to pit, losing 5th to Welsh even though he changed tires only a lap earlier and was about 3-5 seconds behind me. Again, just barely missed out on his draft, so I ran alone, watching him catch up to Brock. Then they went single file, pulling away from me, until they caught up to Biffy. Eventually, Brock's tires were gone, and pretty much let me have 5th without a fight.

After closing you down little by little after my early 'off track' excursion, the gap was actually down to about 1.8s when I decided to pit 1 lap earlier than originally planned, so I could get 1 lap on fresh rubber to hopefully catch you after your pit. I believe I may have gained 0.3s too based on our pit 'in laps'. As we were running around 2.5s a lap slower over fresh rubber, I had this advantage for the single lap also, which meant I was able to clear you in the pits....just. I thought you were close enough to grab my 'wind pocket' at first, but I think my warm rubber v's your cold rubber allowed me to get to a gap of about 1.5s clear and break the draft.

So, my race. Started perfect with Konvex Maserati power getting me from 4th to 2nd behind Biffy into turn 1, however as I was a little too aggressive with the cold tyres, the car started to drift without me realizing (she is very graceful you know), so by the time I caught on, time was lost into turn 2 and so were the 2 positions I'd just gained. Going door to door with Brock through turn 3, meant I had to lift and through goes Tony in the Aston. So 4th -> 2nd -> 5th in 3 turns, lol. Then to top it off, I completely missed my braking point into turn 1 with the draft from the train of 4 cars ahead of me (luckily I was able to avoid Tony) and plower straight on, off the track. I waited until it was clear to re-join, which put me dead last and 8.5s down at the next split I saw. From here I just put my head down and was able to catch and pass Green in the M3, then Minion and Pag as they battled in their M3 and Corvette GT4 Cup cars. I began a steady chase of outlaw in his 5th placed Corvette and I was cutting into his advantage a small amount each lap, whilst the gap to the lead pack remained around 8-9s. As above for the next portion of my race, lol.

Once I'd shook outlaw off, I then saw Brock a lot closer to me than I expected (it turns out he'd also been off track), so I pushed to try to get on terms with him. Thankfully, due to the straight-line performance differences of his Camaro and my Maserati, I was able to pass comfortably on the home straight. We diced it up for a few laps, all the time feeling Biffy getting closer to us for a podium fight to the end. Adam and Tony were still around 8s up the road from me having their own epic tussle, so I knew 3rd was the best I could hope for. A few small mistakes from Biffy in the Evora allowed me to pass him down the home straight around the start of lap 23, with Brock going 2 wide with him through the next 4 turns, before his tyres could fight no longer. Couldn't shake Biffy off and after missing my braking point into turn 1 on the penultimate lap, he snuck back through to reclaim 3rd. This gave me a chance to follow for a lap to plan my strategy for the final circuit. I wanted to see if I could draft by him comfortably before the line on the finish straight, but with the strength of the Evora making it through the last turn quicker than me, it was too much to make up by the line, so I took the pass into turn 1 and decided to try to hold on for the lap. I kept it clean, trying to hit apexes on badly worn tyres to not give Biffy in the nimble Evora a chance to sneak through. Side by side through the last 3 corners made it as close as it could be, however I knew the Konvex Maserati had enough in the tank to out drag Biffy to the line for the final Podium spot.

Certainly the best I could have hoped for after my early mistake, but disappointing to have run the final 22+ laps at the same pace as the leaders (8.5s loss due to accident, finishing 10s down at the finish). Great job by Adam and Tony today and a great battle to watch on the replay. I'm pretty sure that even if I was in the fight up front, I would still have finished 3rd to you 2 guys :)

*Bows* Thank you sir.

Thank you. ^^ I'm pretty sure that the last shot of the Z by itself is yours. Otherwise I'm not sure.

And I don't have one of the Z like the Camaro. Believe me, these shots took some time. ^^; But I edited another one for you that I had taken. A Z "team shot".

34zadli.jpg

Thanks! Epic team photo, well done. Also on the close up, upon future inspection and the team photo confirming its me :). Green helmet ftw.

I'll post the results when we get on to the next page. This page is already filled with epicness. :drool:

Seriously love them pics Longbow. I won't name all my favourites, since I would be naming most of them :dopey: but the green Evora, orange M3/double M3 shot and the Camaro really look the part and show off GT4 real nice. 👍👍

Just brilliant.

:lol: you know people have different posts per page values right?

Mine is at 40 so this is only 3/4 of the way down page 21.

The photo exposed me giving Niop some hip and shoulder at rome.:scared:
Oh yeah Watson I'll add you now. Which account should I add?

Final Race Results: Round 2: Bronzestone

DIVISION 1

GTP_Aderrrm 42:04.387 (1:36.393)
tony1311 +00.332 (1:35.396)
GTP_Welsh-Bain +10.123 (1:35.915)
GTP_Biffy +10.596 (1:36.001)
outlaw4rc +11.874 (1:36.533)
Paginas +27.806 (1:36.595)
GTP_timeattack +32.885 (1:35.281)
greenarcotics +36.222 (1:36.781)
Minion07 +1:00.465 (1:36.918)

DIVISION 2

WiiFreak 43:08.743 (1:36.611)
TnJF +5.575 (1:36.807)
GTP_cicua +21.678 (1:37.219)
PepsiMaxCrew +37.266 (1:37.971)
RFLX_Niop +1:02.858 (1:38.330)
The-Reality-ca +1:10.529 (1:38.121)
Jay_1086 +1:48.982 (1:39.535)
MULE_9242 DNF +6 laps
GTP_Litchi DNF +10 laps

Congrats to all podium finishers and Wii for winning D2! All podium finishers are entitled to prizes as listed in the OP!!! :)

OFFICIAL DRIVER AND TEAM STANDINGS
SERIES DRIVER AND TEAM STANDINGS

D1 produced some great racing as usual. Nige got me down into turn 1, and I didn't fight him. It felt like some how I knew he was going to half spin. :sly: Nice write up though mate. 👍

Had some good brief racing with TA and Biffy and after the pit stops it was me and Tony battling it out to the finish. Here's the last 5 laps from my onboard. Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
So are we voting between Madrid and Monaco this week?

If we are, I vote Monaco. :)

Epic vid, don't know how you guys do it. 20 laps in still turning out pretty much perfect laps great stuff :).

ps me want MADRID :D

Round 3.5: FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km

***You must own DLC track pack 1 to participate. As of February, you must own Spa to race on it.***

• This race (Round 3.5) will take place on 17th March after next week's (10th March) Round 3 at Madrid or Monaco (vote).
  • This round will not count towards the GT4 Cup championship. No points will be awarded.
  • There will be 2 divisions. 6 or 7 cars from each class in each division.
  • GT4 Cup drivers may choose either class and have priority up until the spot race thread is put up on Wednesday 7th.
  • If a GT4 Cup driver decides on GT4, they may pick any car and are not locked in to the car they have chosen to drive for this season. However, a GT4 Cup driver has the right to claim the spot for the car they currently race with.
  • There will be a maximum of 5 drivers per car in the GT3 class, and a maximum of 3 drivers per car in the GT4 class.
  • To reduce the differences in each car's tyre wear, there will be a mandatory 3 stops for each class.
  • All other details will be released in the spot race thread on Wednesday...

The Cars:

Nissan GT-R GT3

DLC Car Pack 1

33wr75v.jpg

Drivers: GTP_Biffy #07 ; Paginas #26 ; greennarcotics #86 ; Jay2DaB329 #34

Specification:
Power: 521 BHP
Weight: 1360 kg
PP: 612
Aero: 35 / 60 (maximum)
Drivetrain: 4WD

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. white, pictured)
Rims: Stock

Body/Chassis: 145 kg ballast (recommended position +50)
Engine: Power limiter @ 77.4%
Drivetrain: Torque Distributor @ 10 / 90 (recommended)

Audi R8 LMS GT3

OCD/UCD, Prize car

wt9288.jpg

Drivers: GTP_CSL ; Wardez ; outlaw4rc ;

Specification:
Power: 555 BHP
Weight: 1300 kg
PP: 607
Aero: 40 / 65 (maximum)
Drivetrain: MR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Stock (may use any colour the R8 LMS comes in, as well as the Playstation livery)
Rims: Stock

Body/Chassis: -
Engine: Power limiter @ 100%

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3

Corvette Z06 > GT Auto > Race Mod

1425650.jpg

Drivers: chorda #11 ; Minion07 #44 ;

Specification:
Power: 504 BHP
Weight: 1150 kg
PP: 607
Aero: 35 / 60 (maximum)
Drivetrain: FR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. Rally Yellow, pictured)
Rims: Stock design. Paint them Silver (not matte or chrome)

Body/Chassis: 60 kg ballast (recommended position +50)
Engine: Power limiter @ 87.5%
Intake System: Sports intake Manifold, Racing air filter
Exhaust: Sports exhaust Manifold

Ford GT GT3

NCD > Gran Turismo

tarhqt.jpg

Drivers: TnJF ;

Specification:
Power: 498 BHP
Weight: 1360 kg
PP: 603
Aero: 50 / 70 (maximum)
Drivetrain: MR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Stock
Rims: BBS LM-R, stock colour

Body/Chassis: 195 kg ballast
Engine: Power limiter @ 80.3%

The only thing I'm unsure about is the 3 mandatory pit stop thing. I definitely want to implement it (especially for the GT3 class) but fear the amount of laps running per stint may be too small for the GT4 class. Maybe some drivers could tell me how many laps they would be able to last on 1 stint of tyres at Spa with their current car (and that doesn't mean pushing it every lap :P).

I will edit this post as I think of more things you guys need to know to sign up before the thread is put up with all the details.

Driver Sign-Up:

Class:
Car:
Body colour (if applicable):
Rim colour (if applicable):
Car Number (if applicable):​

:)👍

Thanks to LongbowX for the pics!

Last edited:
Oh my god. Longbow ****ing delivers again!
Awesome pics. 👍

Why thank you, I appreciate it. ^^

First of all, awesome pictures Longbow!! Look forward to seeing some of the gorgeous Maserati soon too (not in mid-crash though please :))

Thanks. ^^ And I can't promise it won't appear, it depends how artful your Maserati looks while crashing. :lol:

Thanks! Epic team photo, well done. Also on the close up, upon future inspection and the team photo confirming its me :). Green helmet ftw.

'Welcome. ^^

I'll post the results when we get on to the next page. This page is already filled with epicness. :drool:

Seriously love them pics Longbow. I won't name all my favourites, since I would be naming most of them :dopey: but the green Evora, orange M3/double M3 shot and the Camaro really look the part and show off GT4 real nice. 👍👍

Just brilliant.

Why thank you Adam. ^^ I tried some new photo effects too...they look alright I think. I did like the green Evora shot, really shows off the reflections/lighting system.

*Adam's Epic GT3/GT4 Race Announcement*

It's amazing how surprised I am! ...Considering the fact I took those pictures. Haha. I might poke around in the GT4 Maserati perhaps... But who knows. I might poke around in the GT3 cars. Considering those are all mine. :lol:

Does anyone have a Maserati I could try please, or willing to share the tune? Thanks :).

PS: do we get karts later instead then :D?

:dopey: Looks cool, need to test some cars now as I think I might go for GT3 but then again tight track and more power :scared: might be bad move for me :lol:. Why does it say Spa at the top ?

Class: GT4
Car: Chevy Camaro
Body colour (if applicable): Blu Cosmo Metallizzato
Rim colour (if applicable): Matte Light Silver
Madrid or Monaco: Monaco

Does anyone have a Maserati I could try please, or willing to share the tune? Thanks :).

PS: do we get karts later instead then :D?

Buying the Maserati doesn't cost much! :P

And lol no. :dopey:

:dopey: Looks cool, need to test some cars now as I think I might go for GT3 but then again tight track and more power :scared: might be bad move for me :lol:. Why does it say Spa at the top ?

Round 3: 10th March - vote for Madrid or Monaco
Round 3.5: 17th March - GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km (not an official round. Exhibition/spot race)

:)

MÜLE_9242;6773115
Class: GT4
Car: Chevy Camaro
Body colour (if applicable): Blu Cosmo Metallizzato
Rim colour (if applicable): Matte Light Silver

Thanks Mule.

I absolutely love the GT3 selection Adam! 👍

At what time are you planning this spot race?
Cause I'd love to take part, and think I'm able to that day (depending on time ofc).

Class: GT3
Car: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3 (#11)
Body colour (if applicable): Black
Rim colour (if applicable): Silver

P.S First time ever I chose number before Eddie did.. :P (Both of us have #11 as favourite)

Class: GT3
Car: Nissan GT-R GT3
Body colour (if applicable): TBD
Rim colour (if applicable): TBD

Buying the Maserati doesn't cost much! :P

And lol no. :dopey:

Round 3: 10th March - vote for Madrid or Monaco
Round 3.5: 17th March - GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km (not an official round. Exhibition/spot race)

:)

Thanks Mule.

Monaco vote for me btw, plus I was mainly after the tune for the Maserati :).

Back