PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
No-one has qualified yet. Most people will put some practice in through the week and qualify on the Friday once they're happy they can run a consistent couple of laps for their best qualifying effort, which, with the group of racers you'll be up against here, you'll want to qualify at your best ;)

Just ran a few laps. Theoretically, with all my best sectors, I should run a 1:55.8, but I'll probably Q around a mid to low 56.

yeah i saw the doc, just wondering if the times were kept secret until race day.

2 questions for you: 1. is tire wear and fuel consumption on?
2. is the draft set none, weak or strong?

On and weak. :) (I wish we could turn the slipstream off it would be more realistic then the weak option we are given now).

I managed to get some laps in today to see where the 'Monsterati' was as at for the Monza round. After getting down to a 56.0 pretty quickly, I struggled to chip away at that, but eventually managed a PB of 1'55.5xx and would hope to hit a high 55 for quail' if all goes well ;) I actually thought the car might have been a bit quicker than that given it's strengths, so I'd be interested to see where Eddie (my team-mate) is with his :confused:

About to run my first laps now. Busy week again :/

Hit 56.0 with the same tune as Monaco, just wider gearing.

55.5 seems reasonable, so yeah a nice high 55 would be ideal.

Last edited:
Wow man, no back up? I mean, any of us can send you a broken in car if you need one. I still have my old Lotus from season 1 as well.

A broken in Z would be most appreciated please guys. Any idea how to get my dlc working? No backup as I didn't suspect a game designer to make that big a mess up. Thanks for the support. Cash isn't an issue, seasonals topping up for that. Mainly the huge frustration, had loads of nice paints & over 400 cars.

The Reality
A broken in Z would be most appreciated please guys. Any idea how to get my dlc working? No backup as I didn't suspect a game designer to make that big a mess up. Thanks for the support. Cash isn't an issue, seasonals topping up for that. Mainly the huge frustration, had loads of nice paints & over 400 cars.

Go to PSN store under downloads I believe.

MÜLE_9242;6861109
Go to PSN store under downloads I believe.

Found the part, just had to reinstall it. One perk of the DLC is 6 free cars including that Jaguar Le Man car. Longest part of the recovery will be getting the cars back I lost & the paints. Balls!

About to run my first laps now. Busy week again :/

Hit 56.0 with the same tune as Monaco, just wider gearing.

55.5 seems reasonable, so yeah a nice high 55 would be ideal.

Cool, thanks Eddie. Best of luck with qualifying!! :)

Im struggling to get 58's, mostly 59 flat after 6 laps. Maybe it's my arms or something but I know that alone is not an excuse for 3 seconds. :scared:

Give me a few minutes, I'll upload a replay of a lap in HD.

btw nsf, got a name? I personally don't like to refer people in code speak xD.

Also, here's a nice full race video from our first round at Rome, it'll give you a good idea of what to expect on race day with the rolling start and such:

hey my name is jason, thanks for the video. looking forward to seing a lap at monza, i'm not sure how agressive you guys are going to be doing the 1:55. i'm used to keeping all wheels on track in my league.

Well Jason, we're just going by standard GTP OLR racing rules, slightly modified to suit our needs of course. The OLR stipulates, in basic form, that most hard track-edge surfaces, especially rumble strips, are considered track. We outline track boundaries in order to provide for the best racing possibly. For a track like Monza we like to use all the track that GT provided us with in order to keep the speeds up and have as much room as possible for our drivers to fight for position. In GT5, and in GT cars, it's much easier to use all of Monza's kerbing in order to produce easy, fast, and fair racing lines. But we're strict when it comes to the illegal use of extra run-off, and greencrete cutting.
But if you look at GT cars or F1 cars that run Monza you'll notice they use pretty much the same lines as we do (save for a few corners where the kerbing is actually higher in real life Monza than in GT5 and isn't traversable ).

Here's a good example:
WIrcp.jpg

PURE, the group that helps run the GT4 Cup with Aderrrm, has been organizing series since the launch of GT5 so you're in good company.

And the video of some practice laps of mine'll go up shortly, I had a couple good ones going but ended up messing them up at the last sector and the parabolica especially, then I had a big shunt, but meh, still happy.

Last edited:
The Evora feels great as usual, but I can see where Im losing time.

At 1:12 I can't carry as much brake pressure in there as the rear locks.
At 1:20 I get quite abit of mid-corner oversteer, the road seems to change there.
At 2:03 it's the same as 1:12, but more oversteer under brakes.
And finally my speed on all the straights is nowhere near as good.

Also need to watch my brake markers more closely.

Wow. Oh ok must change my line quite a bit. Lol. I only had my inner two wheels touching kerbs. Hopefully i can gain half a sec maybe a sec and get into 1:57s

****ing piece of ****. Save file just corrupted. Help?

Unlucky ;( Name me some cars you want me to send you. 👍

The Evora feels great as usual, but I can see where Im losing time.

At 1:12 I can't carry as much brake pressure in there as the rear locks.
At 1:20 I get quite abit of mid-corner oversteer, the road seems to change there.
At 2:03 it's the same as 1:12, but more oversteer under brakes.
And finally my speed on all the straights is nowhere near as good.

Also need to watch my brake markers more closely.

At 1:12 to brake that late you need to come off your lock as you turn in and get closer to the apex, and turn away from the right side of the track. Moving your brake bias forward should help. But if your bias is set up to manage tyre wear, then a few notches higher on the braking sensitivity on your LSD will help.

And nice lap Eddie. 👍 Think with a few laps yesterday I managed a 55.8. But strangely I'm reaching 160 mph down the home straight :confused:

Wow. Oh ok must change my line quite a bit. Lol. I only had my inner two wheels touching kerbs. Hopefully i can gain half a sec maybe a sec and get into 1:57s

👍 Jason did you get your Evora up to the correct specs?

I won't be able to make the race tomorrow. Sorry guys.

Thanks for letting me know. 👍

i'm much closer now. i'm at 343hp and 494pp so i;m guessing a little more break in time i should be at spec.

How many miles do you have on your car? You can check in your garage.

I don't think you will gain 5 PP with only a 7 bhp increase.

Back