PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
You can still qualify if you like. Just you receive a penalty. In which case could you host D2 please? :)

I think TA is in there practicing. I'm sure he wouldn't mind watching you qualify. And thanks. :)

Aderrrm
Evora isn't as slower here as people make out.

Anyone qualifying from here on receives a 2% time penalty.

CSL or Litchi, you racing?

Longbow, your first lap was clean. Are you racing?

Biffy should be up there with Nige, Eddie and Tony, yet only got a 57, the rest of us are all together at the rear with low 58s. Pretty sure the Evora is going to suck here.

I'm not complaining, just saying.

He said he wasn't that happy with his quali and his PB was a 36.3. Trust me it's not that bad here from the laps I ran with it. Okay it will be worse in the race, but take advantage of the Evora's low tyre wear, Monza's low tyre wear rate and the non existence of a pit window and you'll be fine. :D:tup:

Yeah, the Evora is definitely no slow coach here, despite it's disadvantage on the straights. I was actually disappointed with my Quali, I did a 1'56.3xx just before I qualified, which would have been enough for D1, but ahh well.

Only tips I could really give that are helpful is to really attack those kerbs.. and braking at the right time is very important at the corners here, especially those chicanes.

Everyone is faster than me lol. And it's abut to get worse, kinda shag as just went drifting with an old friend. Room up yet?

Longbow said to me just after his Q he will only race if he's in D1, otherwise he'll just take pics of D1. Slightly annoying and it throws a spanner in the works.

Wii, I'm going to put you in D2 for now. So that's 11 for D2, 10 for D1. If Longbow turns up, Wii you're more than welcome to come to D1 or if you want to race in D2 then you can race there. 👍 Sorry major dumb edit on my behalf.

Grids

Race Info

Read both!

M3 tune (don't know how good it is from stock):

-5/-7
10.5/10.0
6/4
6/4
3/3

1.8/1.2
-0.10/-0.05

brakes: 3/7

LSD: 15/55/10

Transmission:
final: 4.181
max speed: 193 - set first

Thanks, trying it out now 👍

I'm sorry I added such an annoyance. >_< I thought it wouldn't much matter. ^^; And I don't hate D2 at all! It's simply D1's turn to be photographed.

I'll pass you Biffys tune if you need mate. It's a cracker.
Overall good position of 5th but couldn't touch the lead group.
Was learning the track as the race went on.

Real awesome race guys, especially Biffy and Cicua. Pretty much from lap 1-22, consisted of constant overtaking. Awesome start to the season for me.

Congrats to Wii taking 1st in D2, and looking forward for the next event. 👍

Biffy, have you changed your tune since Monaco?
You MUST teach me the ways of the Evora. :P
consistent high 58's were the best I could muster...
Still, last at the first corner to fifth is still decent, just watched everyone battle each other. :P
Worthy of mention though is nsf10, he was slowly catching me after clearing jay. :scared:

Congratz to Adam for winning and for Tony for a awesome come back.

Finally a race i didn't battle for the last place in D1! :lol:

I had a pretty clean race with no mistakes, ultil the last lap, where the good battle with Tony made me lose the breaking point on the first chicane. At least we had a decent gap and i didn't lose enough time for the train to catch up.

I even remembered to slow down on pit entry :)

Yeah it was a pretty crazy race in D1, it was pretty much qualifying order for the first 5 laps or so with every one being careful then I had a big off in T1 and took out Tony. Then Aderrrm, Minion, and Nige took off but Tony made a really hard push and ended up catching back up with the main pack pretty quickly. I was stuck in last place trying to catch up to TnJ for a while until we both pitted at the same time and I was able to whip around him, then we encountered Green and we made a mini-draft train as we saw timeattack and Paginas not too far off in the distance. Then around lap 16 I noticed a couple names drop back way fast, Welsh_Bain and outlaw4rc. Don't know what happened but they were suddenly back with us with the couple leaders about 25 seconds ahead or so.

So it was me in 8th of 10, I started to leave behind Green and TnJ and had that awkward position of being right between two draft packs. After a few laps of the pack of four ahead of me duking it out gypsy style I was finally able to catch the tail end up outlaw's draft and catch up with two laps to go. Didn't want to challenge too much so I would just stick as close as I was comfortable to the fourth car (me being the fifth car in the bunch) and not try to really pass unless it was a main straight. Crazy thing was that even when I had a good chance to quickly pass with drafting speed, so did they. So you can imagine three cars all pulling out from behind two cars used as draft tows in an attempt to get ahead to set up a brake-zone pass at the same time, cluster **** is a word that comes to mind.

But it spread out a little more after that and I was able to get past timeattack on the last lap coming out of Ascari, Nige got a slow exit and I was able to get past him going into parabolica with outlaw and Paginas being a few seconds ahead battling for 5th on their own. Nige had a good run on me coming out of the last turn but I was just able to hold it and finished like .02 seconds ahead of him for a close finish and a securing of 7th and 8th for our team.

Latest Posts

Back