PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
although in honesty I never actually saw you in game other than race days so won't really notice much. While I'm irritated at our collision in Monaco, I understand that these things happen & would still of been proud to call you my team mate.

That's part of why I'm dropping out just can't find the time and I gotta stop staying up so late. Sorry again about Monaco. I really hated that I caught you up in my mess.

I recommend anyone that has signed up the the Spa 200km to start practicing and get their qualifier in.

Sign-ups are now closed for the Spa 200km. However anyone from the GT4 Cup who still hasn't signed up is welcome to do so :)

I'm not sure I'll make the deadline for this Round 3.5 quali.. If not, I'll just start at the back.. Work is killing me this week. 👎

EDIT: Found the spot race thread.. Posted in there as well.. It looks like I'll be able to make quali deadline tomorrow.. But with 0 practice..

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to do this but I decided to skip the race tomorrow. I'm so far off pace, and I can't drive the R8 two laps without wrecking it. Thought it would be like the road car, but it's so different.

I'm really sorry to do this but I decided to skip the race tomorrow. I'm so far off pace, and I can't drive the R8 two laps without wrecking it. Thought it would be like the road car, but it's so different.

so drive your vette in GT4.

so drive your vette in GT4.
I'll pass. For some reason, I just don't have the urge to drive 25+ laps in an underpowered car I had no practice in around a fast track I'm not good at.

That and I look forward to sleeping in for once. :lol:

Head up Adam! I'll be doing some practice in the maserati & qualifying soon. Might be way off pace but I'm still taking part. Nearly always end up with someone to race :). How many people are gt4 class?

Monza next! :D

Green concrete is not track. Keep at least 2 wheels on the red+white rumble strips. The rumble strip which is painted green at some of the chicanes is not track.

These are the track limits for Monza:

dyjKE.png

-----TRACK BOUNDARY IMAGES-----
Green checkmark = clean. Red x = dirty.

TrReO.jpg
GgIBf.jpg

Turns 1 chicane. Stay on the red and white. Your angle of attack will be looked at closely.

7s5PT.jpg
tx7cs.jpg

Be very careful coming into T3 chicane Roggia. It's easy to get out of bounds in such a tight place. And yes we will utilize millimeter size tolerances when inspecting questionable lap replays, do not try to get fresh.

Z8QmU.jpg
ZEt8y.jpg

The black tar run off after turn 4 in the beginning of Lesmo is an easy place to have a sandwhich so staying clean is vital to keeping your lap going, not much science going on here and not much to gain from going off the red and white curbing - Cutting turn 5 will not be tolerated.

5DydH.jpg
CqyF8.jpg

The run off in turn 5 can't be used for speed, as with T4's exit, so just stay on surface and you're fine - The more important part is your line back on track. You must get off the curbing before it ends and the green concrete keeps going. If you go back on track staying on the tar and crossing over the green concrete past the curbing your lap will be considered invalid. This goes for qualifying and during the race.

QUdLA.jpg

This is the proper line, though extremely close, in getting back on track after T5's exit.

qC03o.jpg
QCCiz.jpg

This is Turn 7's first left kink curbing/green concrete pad and yes this is a bad lap. I was serious when I said millimeters - The partner image is a close shave, but definitely clean.

F0KBK.jpg
VfyFT.jpg

Now this is T7's right hand kink. Ascari is tough to get a good rhythm through, but if you're off like this, don't bother trying to save it. The second image is more tasteful and clean.

CzNTJ.jpg
kw59q.jpg

Ascari left kink exit.

arHtm.jpg
6nwf8.jpg

Do not finish T7's exit by crossing the solid white line beyond the curbing - Join the track proper before the curb ends.

Turn 8/ Parabolica is impossible to cut to gain time so we won't worry about that, standard rules apply.

On to the pits:
lGzS2.jpg
8xKcy.jpg

Do not cut into the pits like this on entrance. You must take an intentional angle of attack when coming in out of the final turn. Stay inside the yellow line. We will hand out penalties for not doing so. If you're past the proper entrance and realize it when it's too late, it's better to just do another lap than receiving a penalty for pitting unappropriately.

uMLzw.jpg
8BxLi.jpg

On pit exit you must, again, stay within the yellow line. Then stay within the extended pit exit line (solid white) all the way until its completion at the 1st turn 100m marker. We will make sure you abide by this rule. It's to keep your acceleration zone away from those that may be coming in full speed into turn 1. Do this even if you're absolutely sure no one else is around on the straight.

65zkh.jpg

Just stay to the right then after the pit line ends, and if the coast is clear, get on with the racing! You can almost feel that little pace car's happiness.

• Make sure to stay on track at ALL times with at least 2 wheels touching white line / Red / White curb. Green concrete is not track. This is the way we are drawing out track boundaries for our race at Monza. We realize that there are alternate interpretations with respect to what is and what is not part of the curbing. But in our series the half of the curbing that is painted green in certain parts of Monza is treated the same as grass and NOT track area. The traditional two tire OLR rules apply and all questionable laps will be greatly scrutinized.

You can not use run offs or tarmac of any kind to gain speed. You will be penalized heavily during the race and disqualified for having a dirty lap in qualifying.
    Just stay inside the rumble strips and course white lines.

• Pit lane.
    Entry: Respect the white lines and yellow dotted lines that mark out pit entry. Do not dive into the pits from the straight. You must make a shallow approach to pit lane coming out of the last turn Parabolica.

Exit: You MUST stay within the long pit white line until it ends around the 100M mark before turn 1. Just make sure to stay right when you enter the track until you are 100% sure that you will not cause an accident.
    General: When entering and exiting pits, the white lines are ment to be respected. Yes, you can cross the white line when entering and exiting the pits. But if an incident occur, the driver who crossed the white line (The one on track, or the one who comes out from the pits) will be held responsible, and a penalty will come as a result.
  • Green Flag: Polecar will decide where the start is. He must make sure that ALL cars are clear of the last turn before starting.
    It's totally up to the pole car, as long as ALL cars behind him are on the straight. He can not start the race if the last car is still in the middle of the last turn. Pole car has right side of track for first right turn.

Im surprised you're letting us use SO much track. Will have to re-calibrate abit after doing a few laps just now.

Adam, you wouldn't happen to have your best lap time for Monza by chance please :)? Set the goal posts ;).

Haven't run a lap yet. But in season 1 the fastest lap in the race was a 1:57.212, but the cars were slightly slower then and that lap may have been in the draft. :P

Ok, thanks Adam. On another note, my gt5 has been crashing no end since just before the race. Keeps having issues loading to main screen, gt mode, online lobby etc. Sounds net related, so restarted the ps3 multiple times to no avail. Actually have up after 20 minutes last night of trying to get it to do as it should. PSN isn't dropping out ATM either, yet it's been trying to connect to a lobby for over 3 minutes now. Stupid bloody thing. Any ideas?

Ok, thanks Adam. On another note, my gt5 has been crashing no end since just before the race. Keeps having issues loading to main screen, gt mode, online lobby etc. Sounds net related, so restarted the ps3 multiple times to no avail. Actually have up after 20 minutes last night of trying to get it to do as it should. PSN isn't dropping out ATM either, yet it's been trying to connect to a lobby for over 3 minutes now. Stupid bloody thing. Any ideas?

I've been having similar problems for a while now, where it won't let me join my lounge. It only happens when I've done something though. I'm still trying to figure out what does cause the problem and what doesn't. If I load up GT, change to a different car and buy some engine upgrades for that car and then immediately try and join my lounge, the loading bar goes really slow and when it reaches the end will still not load. If I loaded up GT and went for an oil change and then to my lounge it would work. A tip is just to quit GT5 if your lobby/lounge doesn't load after 15 seconds or so.

If it's not too late, i'm more than happy to sign up for the Ekris BMW.

Not too late at all. :) Nice to have you Josh. 👍

GT5 is weird, that jamming of the loading bar randomly happens and everytime I go in a TC/WC track on or offline it will without fail jam.

Introducing... driver cards. :D

Here's an example of mine:

gt4card.php

You can see yours in the OP.

Credits for the awesome graphics and the idea goes to Tim. 👍👍

Whilst we're on this topic we need to congratulate outlaw for the only person (excluding me) to race in every round of the GT4 Cup so far. And Jay has raced in every round but one. Awesome dedication gents! :)👍

gt4card.php

There's been 3 rounds so far - you've entered every one. Spa wasn't an official round so hasn't been counted in the stats.

Round 4 is next, Monza.

Latest Posts

Back