PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Yeah sent him his stuff.

Quali deadline is now 15:00 GMT on Saturday. So a hour earlier. 2% time penalty for qualifying after this time. 2% time penalty for a dirty lap (changed from 5 seconds).

Strong week for Lotus UK. I can't find the team points though.
Nice to get my first ever podium in a GT5 racing league. :)
Edit: Found it, Im not so good with google docs. :P

Nice work Phil, 4th in Series Team Standings is pretty decent 👍 Back into 5th in the Driver Standings just like last season, hoping to place higher and finally get a podium finish, I've had enough chances! But for now, pretending that we never go to Monza :)

Nice photo bomb. That is the best I've ever seen GT5's bland custom scenery look. 👍

If you want sunset we just wrapped up a day-to-night 1hr FMSC race earlier today. ;)

Thanks, and I wish we had a sunset race when I did FMSC. ^^;

Sexy pics!
Good job as usual Longbow :)

+1. Love the blue of my Corvette. That's why I use it in all the leagues I'm in. :sly:

Thank you. ^^ And I do agree, blue on the 'Vette looks pretty sweet.

Awesome photos Longbow. :drool: My favourites are the first 2 with the blue corvette in (really like the one going down the hill), green crashing... and I've just realised I have too many favourites again. :ouch: :lol: Looking forward to your Monaco ones! :D

Why thank you Sir! Too many favourites is incidentally my favourite problem for someone to have...at least concerning my photos. :lol:

Also, concerning the prize car thingy, I don't have every car - but I do feel guilty stealing your money. I certainly don't need it. ^^

D2 podium finishers get a car as well?

And what kinda lap times are good at Spa with the GT3 cars? Are these cars faster or slower then the PURE JGTS?
I remember Brock doing a 2:13 with the NSX.

Last edited:

And what kinda lap times are good at Spa with the GT3 cars? Are these cars faster or slower then the PURE JGTS?

These are a little slower than GT300 cars I believe.

Oh yeah, the GT3/GT4 thing always gets me.:dopey:

Probably about GT500 speed, maybe a bit slower I would think.

Yes they do. :)

I think I was in the 2:13's with the GT3 cars. As CSL said they're about the same as GT500 if not a bit slower. The GT4 cars are faster down a straight, but lose a lot of time in the corners because of the lack of downforce.

Bad news guys. Two lots this time. First, tv still isn't fixed. Second much more serious, now unemployed. ****.

Oh man. Sorry to hear. Does that mean online racing put on hold?

Put some photos of the battle between me and Longbow online. Was close as heck.

Longbow is chief photographer :D And he normally takes a lot, and of high quality, so it takes him a bit more time. 👍

By the way try keep all Spa discussion in the spot race thread. :)

Ah I meant I put some up online.
Nowhere near as good as Longbow's shots so far though. :P

Edit: Liking this series, have gained alot from it. Will there be a continuation next season Anderrrm? Noticed only 3 GT4 races left.

Last edited:
Woah dude sorry to hear that. What happened?

I'm not exactly sure tbh. I was getting lots of good feedback from management for the job I was doing, got interviewed for a promotion too. I think my co worker got the grump on because I refused to take orders from her. Not being fun, but she isn't my boss. I'm not a kid or an idiot. Think she basically went to management & said him or me so I got fired. Nevermind. It's a job that wasn't mentally challenging & I know I can do much better. Just means financially I'm going to be unstable until I'm back in work. They loose out, not me. Thanks though.

PS: Not sure I like all this union stuff over here.

Yes they do. :)

Oh man. Sorry to hear. Does that mean online racing put on hold?

You are so true to form. I'll be able to race still, but if a new job requires me to work during that time slot then understandably (no offence of course) I'll be putting that first. Until that happens though I'll be there conditions permitting. TV still hasn't been repaired due to parts shortages. Gave them an arse whipping the other day. Phoned up LG & complained, the guy actually said that if it get's to 2 weeks without service he'll ask his supervisor. The stunned silence when I said if it gets that far I'll be having a refund & go buy a Sony was most amusing. Might of mentioned this before.

I do have some good news though for GT4 Cup though. I bought a voucher for PSN today so I'll be able to get some DLC goodness. Looking forward to having my own little Herbies, that's for sure!

Thanks for the sympathies mate, hopefully I'll be back on my feet soon enough.

a PURE | HEADS UP

We're approaching mid spring, and most of us go from winter to summer time. Or daylight savings as some of you say.

What's a tad tricky here is that we don't move the clock forward on the same date all over the world..

I.e, here in Sweden, we go in to daylight savings in the night between 25th, and 26th of March.

So expect to have some issues during the next mounth or so until all countries are on the same page again when it comes to start times for your races and quali sessions.

So make sure to take this in to concideration. 👍

PURE Racing to you all!
Best regards
Dennis / PURE Founder.

Bad news guys. Two lots this time. First, tv still isn't fixed. Second much more serious, now unemployed. ****.

Thats no good mate hope you do get the job situation sorted soon and you are able to race still, I need someone to run with lol.

Good news that you will get the car pack etc let me know when you can practice at Monza or Spa!

Round 4 Monza
- quali deadline: 11:00 EDT / 15:00 GMT
- room open: 12:30 EDT / 16:30 GMT

Round 5 GV and Round 6 Nurb GP/F
- quali deadline: 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST
- room open: 11:30 EDT / 16:30 BST

I think that's right.

Thats no good mate hope you do get the job situation sorted soon and you are able to race still, I need someone to run with lol.

Good news that you will get the car pack etc let me know when you can practice at Monza or Spa!

I hope I get it sorted too mate. Jobs I've been going for so far give huge opportunities. Got to references stage after first interview on one of them, waiting to hear what comes next. Thanks Jay.

As for gt, I'm mainly looking forward to driving the old beetle tbh :). Definitely be good to get some training & race with you Jay. I need to beat you to get caught up in the points too, I'm second from bottom on all those who have been at every race.

Im sure you will catch me up mate you were hard to catch at Monza even in practice! Im at 1:58.2 there at the moment, not sure if thats any good!

Also Aderrm we dont have to qualify for Monza this Saturday aswell as Spa do we?

I hate to do this but I think I'm stretched to thin right now between this, FMSC and my new foray into iRacing. Since the start time for this is the least convenient of all three I'm going to have to give up my position. Sorry but it's just too hard to race in the middle of the day for me.

No probs. iRacing is a fantastic sim. I plan on racing that much more when GT Academy's over.

GT5 isn't really a sim. But...

iRacing has much better physics. Weight transfer, off-tarmac, tyre, slipstream etc.
iRacing has better sounds e.g. more realistic car sounds for that type of car.
iRacing arguably has better drivers and racing on there.

You have to pay monthly for iRacing (not much imo, and especially if you want to try it for a month or 3 since there are deals)
GT5 has better graphics but iRacing still has great graphics if you have a decent PC, and I think the colours are more true to real life. GT5 looks too good sometimes.

Im sure you will catch me up mate you were hard to catch at Monza even in practice! Im at 1:58.2 there at the moment, not sure if thats any good!

Also Aderrm we dont have to qualify for Monza this Saturday aswell as Spa do we?

I think if I can preserve my tyres at Monza, I'll be in for a good chance. Getting rather annoyed that my TV still hasn't been fixed though. Also waiting for a phone call... gah! Can't remember my best time, but I don't think we are miles apart in pace atm. Need to beat you! Still not managed to finish a race in the same or higher position than I started. I will not, be defeated.

I hate to do this but I think I'm stretched to thin right now between this, FMSC and my new foray into iRacing. Since the start time for this is the least convenient of all three I'm going to have to give up my position. Sorry but it's just too hard to race in the middle of the day for me.

You've not just let me down, you let the whole team down. You've let yourself down & disgraced the very prestigious GT4 cup racing series. The only position you will ever be, is bent over taking it up the arse if you take this post seriously lol. Have fun dude, although in honesty I never actually saw you in game other than race days so won't really notice much. While I'm irritated at our collision in Monaco, I understand that these things happen & would still of been proud to call you my team mate. We may not be the fastest, but we finish what we started. Well, apart from the series in this case for yourself.

Litchi ; cicua ; TA ; Niop ; Longbow

Just thought I'd say that if you're planning on signing up for the Spa GT3 & GT4 200km this Saturday then sooner the better. :)

Aderrrm
Litchi ; cicua ; TA ; Niop ; Longbow

Just thought I'd say that if you're planning on signing up for the Spa GT3 & GT4 200km this Saturday then sooner the better. :)
I won't be able to make this. Just giving you a heads up.

Latest Posts

Back