PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Thanks Reality. Any chance of people's fastest laps too?

D1 was great. Some awesome battling with TA. Sounded like D2 went alright too. :)

Minion07 1.39.768
LongbowX 1.40.205
PepsiMaxCrew 1.40.870
RFLX_Niop 1.40.927
Jay_1086 1.41.367
MULE_9242 1.41.291
The_Reality_ca 1.42.439
Jay2DaB329 1.42.954

No worries Adam, hopefully Monaco will be a better race for me. Not managed to finish a race higher than I started yet.

This let me catch Longbow who was sliding everywhere when I got to him.
Damn that Corvette is wide though, and he positioned the car ideally so I couldnt dive anywhere.
Then at the second final corner it all went pear shaped for me as I challenged him round the outside.
Not sure if he went in too hot or I turned in on him. But whatever, fun race nontheless. 👍

I was indeed sliding everywhere, as I had pitted lap 10 in an attempt to undercut (as I was by myself the whole time, due to a bizarre start having to slam on the brakes on the main straight...) and it nearly worked. If I hadn't made some errors during my out lap, I think I would have been right on Minion, instead of 3 seconds back. However, my effort to push to catch up was ill advised. My tire wear was not good, so I ended up with virtually no tire left by the end. I also wasn't paying attention until you were right behind me. I was just cruising, not even concentrating anymore and then....where the heck did that guy come from! So I did everything I could to slow that Evora down with something like 15% tire left.

In the last corner, I was going in...I think it was too narrow there...I'm not sure if you turned into me or not, but I think I clipped the inside of the corner (as a result of the contact or simply my mistake) which shot me into you a bit. And it was definitely a fun race...well at least that part was. I was by myself the rest of the time.

I hate Monaco

Join the club. ^^;

Is already training for Monaco in 2 weeks :). Determined to finish better than I start, or podium, or start in top 3 of division 2 / back of division 1.

timeattack won by .400s I think. Then aderrrm, then Welsh, then... Biffy, then I...
think it was cicua, and outlaw, wii, and green I believe?

D1 results?

Wardez' list is right.

Well done teammate :cheers:

Me I was outsmarted. Biffy went to pit on what, lap 10? Insane. Wardez outpitted me too. So I got out in 6th well behind them and hoped the less worn tyres would make a difference in the end. I got up to Wardez, but I spent the rest of the race studying the rear of his Maserati, could never make the pass, so 6th it was.

Good race though :)

Pictures from D1 Bronzestone. I threw away a lot of shots...I found it tough here, the reflections were relatively poor due to the high sun. Might be a good time to start a real race, but even real photographers love to have races at sunset. ^^;

See, this is how awesome it would have looked at sundown:

66wuuo.jpg

And that was me just tweaking a normal shot. Huzzah. I'm overall not very satisfied, but hopefully it'll be better next week...

Also, apologies to...I believe it was Greennarcotics whom I documented their brief off road excursion on the first lap or so. I simply thought it made for some good pictures. ^^;

sq5fgj.jpg

qn7ea9.jpg

b4yohz.jpg

33n9nvd.jpg

34zh8p1.jpg

xksnz9.jpg

353dy85.jpg

dono0z.jpg

k4i613.jpg

514l82.jpg

2wnoh11.jpg

Sorry.

708ayt.jpg

And sorry again.

2lsv6f8.jpg

And again.

2z9e5g3.jpg

And see look outlaw4rc, intense racing action! Woo!

azj4mh.jpg

bgsapt.jpg

16m7yiv.jpg

2w4mqnm.jpg

2d8j4ft.jpg

34t8jtt.jpg

24nmww9.jpg

33ma105.jpg

206lxfb.jpg

dokv91.jpg

viffd4.jpg

I think Monaco's shots will be better. I hope so, anyway.

Nice photo bomb. That is the best I've ever seen GT5's bland custom scenery look. 👍

If you want sunset we just wrapped up a day-to-night 1hr FMSC race earlier today. ;)

Nice photo bomb. That is the best I've ever seen GT5's bland custom scenery look. 👍
+1. Love the blue of my Corvette. That's why I use it in all the leagues I'm in. :sly:

Sadly, racing action for me this week... not a whole lot better. Allowed CSL and Wardez to go by without a fight. Wii was on my tail for half a lap and... that was it. Story of my racing career. :lol:

+1. Love the blue of my Corvette. That's why I use it in all the leagues I'm in. :sly:

Sadly, racing action for me this week... not a whole lot better. Allowed CSL and Wardez to go by without a fight. Wii was on my tail for half a lap and... that was it. Story of my racing career. :lol:

heh, my failboat never even set sail :lol:
came out of my 11 hour slumber 5 min after the race started.

Awesome photos Longbow. :drool: My favourites are the first 2 with the blue corvette in (really like the one going down the hill), green crashing... and I've just realised I have too many favourites again. :ouch: :lol: Looking forward to your Monaco ones! :D

Had a really fun race. After Wardez's and Nige's contribution to the up front fight, I slowly brought the gap from TA down to 1 second (with a bit of help thanks to a few mistakes from him). He pitted on lap 11, I pitted on lap 12. He extended the gap again, but got held up by cicua who was about to pit on lap 13. The action continues from lap 19 :D

(Sorry it's a bit shakey for the first 20 seconds)

Round 3 Results will be up tomorrow.

Round 4 Monza is 2 weeks away.

Round 3.5 FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km is this coming Saturday at the same time. It's not an official round, just a spot race, so no points will be scored. You can have a week off, or, you can sign up which I encourage you to do. 👍 Bare in mind anyone can participate (not just GT4 Cup drivers) and you must own Spa. Click here for the thread!

Had a really fun race. After Wardez's and Nige's contribution to the up front fight, I slowly brought the gap from TA down to 1 second (with a bit of help thanks to a few mistakes from him). He pitted on lap 11, I pitted on lap 12. He extended the gap again, but got held up by cicua who was about to pit on lap 13. The action continues from lap 19 :D

(Sorry it's a bit shakey for the first 20 seconds)

Thanks for posting the vid mate 👍 I tried to save the replay after the race yesterday a split second before running off (sorry about that) to go see my grandfather, but it didn't save unfortunately.

But yea, it was quite an intense battle we had throughout the race, especially torward the end. Although I feel a bit lucky to have walked away with the win, given how many careless/brain fart mistakes I was making along the way (particularly in the opening laps where I should have pulled out a larger gap) and your kindness at the start :sly: But after the few rather unlucky/frustrating races I've had thus far, I'll take a win just about anyway I can get one :lol:

I'm quite looking forward to the 2 remaining Championship races, and particularly to Monza which will be a crucial race for the Championship, and has the potential to lead us to a dramatic showdown at Grand Valley (where my car should be quite strong) in 3 weeks time. I really don't know what to expect at Monza though, as my car will be rather weak on the straights but very good under braking...but regardless, I'll make sure that I don't let my frustrations (particularly like they did at Bronzestone) get the better of me next time when it comes to consolidating the best result possible. Also, I'm hoping that the tire wear might be relatively low at Monza, which would minimize the issues my rather portly car generally has torward the end of the stints. It's quite easy to picture the 2 Monsterati's (of Nige & Dom) being in the mix at Monza as well, so we should be in for a epic battle as usual (although it's too bad Tony won't be around).

See ya guys in 2 weeks :cheers:

Great job at Monaco to TA and Adam. I'm even quite shocked to grab 3rd with the Maserati, but Biffy made it difficult for me for sure :) Unfortunantely my team mate made a slight mistake, otherwise I think 4th might have been the best I could've hoped for ;).

@Adam - I know most people don't seem to want their prizes, but if possible I'd like to cash in on mine for the Ferrari F40 and Arta Garaiya '08 if that's ok?

Thanks for posting the vid mate 👍 I tried to save the replay after the race yesterday a split second before running off (sorry about that) to go see my grandfather, but it didn't save unfortunately.

But yea, it was quite an intense battle we had throughout the race, especially torward the end. Although I feel a bit lucky to have walked away with the win, given how many careless/brain fart mistakes I was making along the way (particularly in the opening laps where I should have pulled out a larger gap) and your kindness at the start :sly: But after the few rather unlucky/frustrating races I've had thus far, I'll take a win just about anyway I can get one :lol:

I'm quite looking forward to the 2 remaining Championship races, and particularly to Monza which will be a crucial race for the Championship, and has the potential to lead us to a dramatic showdown at Grand Valley (where my car should be quite strong) in 3 weeks time. I really don't know what to expect at Monza though, as my car will be rather weak on the straights but very good under braking...but regardless, I'll make sure that I don't let my frustrations (particularly like they did at Bronzestone) get the better of me next time when it comes to consolidating the best result possible. Also, I'm hoping that the tire wear might be relatively low at Monza, which would minimize the issues my rather portly car generally has torward the end of the stints. It's quite easy to picture the 2 Monsterati's (of Nige & Dom) being in the mix at Monza as well, so we should be in for a epic battle as usual (although it's too bad Tony won't be around).

See ya guys in 2 weeks :cheers:

Yeah our battle was pretty intense. I noticed you made quite a few mistakes in the first stint, but I think I made more in the second stint. :dunce:

And yes there's 3 rounds left after Round 3.5 next week. :P

That camarah looked like a pretty wild ride. GJ TA. 👍

oh and aderrrm... can I talk you into a gorilla pod :P

It's still a recession isn't it? In which case I will trust my steady hand. :D

Great job at Monaco to TA and Adam. I'm even quite shocked to grab 3rd with the Maserati, but Biffy made it difficult for me for sure :) Unfortunantely my team mate made a slight mistake, otherwise I think 4th might have been the best I could've hoped for ;).

@Adam - I know most people don't seem to want their prizes, but if possible I'd like to cash in on mine for the Ferrari F40 and Arta Garaiya '08 if that's ok?

Certainly. :)👍

Part still hasn't arrived for my tv. Not impressed! Hopefully it'll get fixed tomorrow. Phoned up LG today, explained that I wasn't pleased with the delays. Guy sounded like he didn't care, said that if it got to 2 weeks & it still hadn't been fixed it'd get passed on to his supervisor. I assured him if that happens, I'll be getting a refund & buying a Sony. He went quiet...

The Camaro is lovely to drive around Spa. Makes me wish I had taken it instead of the Lotus. Definitely suits me better.

Oh well :(

MÜLE_9242;6816117
The Camaro is lovely to drive around Spa. Makes me wish I had taken it instead of the Lotus. Definitely suits me better.

Oh well :(

I cant imagine anything feeling better than my Evora. Faster possibly, but not as nice to drive for me. :)

Final Race Results: Round 3: Monaco

DIVISION 1

GTP_timeattack 42:47:232 (1:38.045)
GTP_Aderrrm +00.488 (1:37.931)
GTP_Welsh-Bain +22.811 (1:38.471)
GTP_Biffy +28.777 (1:38.351)
Wardez +38.255 (1:38.930)
GTP_cicua +39.067 (1:38.169)
outlaw4rc +45.765 (1:39.296)
WiiFreak +59.879 (1:39.816)
greennarcotics +1:09.761 (1:40.467)
GTP_CSL DNF

DIVISION 2

Minion07 43:27.087 (1:39.768)
LongbowX +35.598 (1:40.205)
PepsiMaxCrew +36.877 (1:40.870)
RFLX_Niop +44.924 (1:40.927)
Jay_1086 +46.234 (1:41.367)
MULE_9242 +1:26.102 (1:41.291)
The-Reality-ca +1:35.921 (1:42.439)
Jay2DaB329 +2:07.134 (1:42.954)

Congrats to all podium finishers and Minion for winning D2!

All podium finishers are entitled to prizes as listed in the OP! :) (People either have every car in the game or don't read this line :P)

Konvex Motorsport have taken the lead in series team standings.

OFFICIAL DRIVER AND TEAM STANDINGS
SERIES DRIVER AND TEAM STANDINGS

Remember:

Round 3.5 FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km is this coming Saturday at the same time. It's not an official round, just a spot race, so no points will be scored. You can have a week off, or, you can sign up which I encourage you to do. 👍 Bare in mind anyone can participate (not just GT4 Cup drivers) and you must own Spa. Click here for the thread!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Strong week for Lotus UK. I can't find the team points though.
Nice to get my first ever podium in a GT5 racing league. :)
Edit: Found it, Im not so good with google docs. :P

Select the different sheets at the bottom. It goes official driver > official team > series driver > series team.

All podium finishers are entitled to prizes as listed in the OP! (People either have every car in the game or don't read this line )
I think Nige asked for something a page or two back.

Back