PURE | Integra World Championship III | Series Champion: R1600Turbo!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 752 comments
I ran a few laps around Indy and logged a best time of 40.2, without ABS. Pretty sure there is more there, I only ran 4 laps and ended up in the sand on one of them. Going to try a few of those tunes that were posted when I have some time on friday and hopefully can knock that down a bit. I have a question with the last right hand corner before heading out onto the oval, what exactly is the limit there? I don't ever remember running any league races here so Im just a bit unclear on what is clean or dirty.

Same deal I think, two wheels on the tarmac.

Should be on tomorrow night to get some practice in and possibly do a qualifying run if a steward is around.

a PURE | HEADS UP

We're approaching mid spring, and most of us go from winter to summer time. Or daylight savings as some of you say.

What's a tad tricky here is that we don't move the clock forward on the same date all over the world..

I.e, here in Sweden, we go in to daylight savings in the night between 25th, and 26th of March.

So expect to have some issues during the next mounth or so until all countries are on the same page again when it comes to start times for your races and quali sessions.

So make sure to take this in to concideration. 👍

PURE Racing to you all!
Best regards
Dennis / PURE Founder.

Same deal I think, two wheels on the tarmac.

Should be on tomorrow night to get some practice in and possibly do a qualifying run if a steward is around.

MÜLE_9242;6819569
Honestly, I was thinking about skipping the formal qualifying for this week and do what we did for the RX7s, and that was show the new guys a mock quali run, then just doing a quick 10 minute session or something.
👍

CSLACR
This is what I used at last season's finale at Spa. :)
It looks a bit off, so I'll have to check, I'm not sure about the toe and camber, if the toe and camber are correct here then I think I can make something better now.

Aero: Suspension:15/30 +10 / -10
Gears: 9.1 / 5.9
Top Speed 124mph 8/5
3376 5/8
2650 5/5
2160 Camber/Toe:1780 1.5/1.5
1475 -0.40/0.00
1256 Brakes:Final Gear: 3400 2/4
LSD: ABS: 1
9/13/5

I finally stumbled across your tuning forum CSL. The testimonials are impressive, to put it lightly. Looking forward to trying out your proof of concept regarding ride height. If you've updated your tune for the integra it would be appreciated. Will be punching in your tune tonight or tomorrow evening either way.

Thanks

I finally stumbled across your tuning forum CSL. The testimonials are impressive, to put it lightly. Looking forward to trying out your proof of concept regarding ride height. If you've updated your tune for the integra it would be appreciated. Will be punching in your tune tonight or tomorrow evening either way.

Thanks

I don't have to wake up till 630 tomorrow morning, so I expect to get some laps in tonight. 👍

I'm really not sure, I can't imagine screwing a tune up, since I have to write them down and all, it just doesn't look loose enough to me eyeballing it. :lol:

It's occurring to me that I might miss a high portion of the races.
I switched FMSC to D1 for this exact reason, I've worked 3 Sundays in a row now, not sure if that's counting this Sunday or not, but I'll be working this Sunday night too.

So I guess basically we'll see how it goes, I'll race when I can if that's ok.

It's occurring to me that I might miss a high portion of the races.
I switched FMSC to D1 for this exact reason, I've worked 3 Sundays in a row now, not sure if that's counting this Sunday or not, but I'll be working this Sunday night too.

So I guess basically we'll see how it goes, I'll race when I can if that's ok.

So you are now in D1 pertinently?

Ok got the tune set but it wouldn't let me set 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to the values you had CSL. What am I doing wrong?

Also, can anyone point me to the discussion that illustrates the difference for the necessity for offline/online tunes?

Thanks

Since it's preseason, we'll do it before the race. Like the RX-7's, we'll do a demo run for those who've never done it before.

Quali for Suzuka East opens on Monday. I'll have Sheets made before then.

Still not as high a turnout that I expected. I think I did a good job of getting the word out; people just plain aren't interested, for one reason or another. :/

You know id be in with my #52 but as you said on gate19 no real point with my crappy connection :P.

I still wish you luck with season 3 maybe by season 5 my net will be sorted :rolleyes:.

You know id be in with my #52 but as you said on gate19 no real point with my crappy connection :P.

I still wish you luck with season 3 maybe by season 5 my net will be sorted :rolleyes:.

That wasn't me who said that. :(

I ran a 48.7 with a tune I didn't like, and a 49.4 with a tune I like. :P

(those may be 1 second quicker, my memory sucks)

R1600Turbo
I ran a 48.7 with a tune I didn't like, and a 49.4 with a tune I like. :P

(those may be 1 second quicker, my memory sucks)

Say what?

Thought you said you ran a 38.x and a 39.x?

Correct, it's still morning here....shush. I'd fix it but both of you have now ruined that opportunity for me. :P

R1600Turbo
Correct, it's still morning here....shush. I'd fix it but both of you have now ruined that opportunity for me. :P
LOL
<bow>to RT</bow>
Sorry, was sorta gettin excited that you mis-spoke originally and I might actually have a chance. Oh well, back to the snowball's chance in a blast furnace.

Since I can't be in the pre-season race I figured I start testing at Suzuka.

Admittedly, I am running in offline practice mode with the settings as close as I can get them to the online lobby rules, i.e. tire wear on, traction real and damage light, all driving aids off and ABS-1.

Tested 2 tunes for ten laps each;

The RKM tune RT doesn 't like got me to 54.581 and the CSLACR tune took me to 54.531, after I found I wasn't using ECU and Racing Air Filter and put them on the car. I had turned a 54.8 without those two mods and thought I would blow away the RKM tune time but I reckon I just made different mistakes from one to the other.

Will likely test these tunes in online mode tomorrow to see what the differences are.

You all have fun this weekend.

Doesn't matter what your offline room settings are, it will still be different online. Best thing to do is just start up your own online lobby and test there. You can just tell people to leave if you don't want them there.

Doesn't matter what your offline room settings are, it will still be different online. Best thing to do is just start up your own online lobby and test there. You can just tell people to leave if you don't want them there.

That's what I've been "hearing" but have yet to find a discussion on why it's different. Is it just network lag that makes it different or does a different physics model apply?

Little of both? The cars have less grip online, for some reason. You'll also notice that suspension tunes from offline don't work as well online either. There's been some rumors that some of the suspension settings may be reversed online. No hard evidence though.

That's what I've been "hearing" but have yet to find a discussion on why it's different. Is it just network lag that makes it different or does a different physics model apply?

Little of both? The cars have less grip online, for some reason. You'll also notice that suspension tunes from offline don't work as well online either. There's been some rumors that some of the suspension settings may be reversed online. No hard evidence though.

From what I've seen, all the settings work exactly the same online and offline.
The difference between the two is that online, all cars start off handling more more neutral or loose, and tuning adjustments have a stronger effect online.

Where 5mm ride height does virtually nothing offline, it makes a big difference online, etc.
Just my 2 cents.

From what I've seen, all the settings work exactly the same online and offline.
The difference between the two is that online, all cars start off handling more more neutral or loose, and tuning adjustments have a stronger effect online.

Where 5mm ride height does virtually nothing offline, it makes a big difference online, etc.
Just my 2 cents.

It will be interesting to discover if the tunes go away from or come to me.

Thanks for the info.

@CSL Would you be able to tell me what is causing the transmission settings to not reach the values you posted? After I put the ecu and filter on, the 4th gear setting came up but 5th and 6th still remain limited below your values. When I set it I put all values to default, set the top speed then change all the gear ratios.

Back