PURE | Integra World Championship III | Series Champion: R1600Turbo!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 752 comments
If its just random 10 lap races Josh ill join in to have a play :).

Tested in open lobby race on Indy and Suzuka.

Didn't notice much difference at Indy and didn't better my times with either tune.

Suzuka however, I noticed the RKM tune was much looser in turn one. Couldn't seem to keep the back end planted very well at all if I slipped and was late with the brakes. The CSL tune was stable through the entire course and once I got better at picking which gears to use the rhythm section seemed to go much better. I posted times of 53.247 and 53.660 respectively.

Doubtful this will be competitive with the rest of the field since I made mistakes on entry, exit and braking points practically every lap.

Anyone else testing Suzuka and care to post up lap times?

So I was playing basketball yesterday and injured my left thumb. I got a x-ray today and they said it was fractured. :( I hate to do this but i will be using automatic and steering with the right analog stick.

Salty Jigaboo
So I was playing basketball yesterday and injured my left thumb. I got a x-ray today and they said it was fractured. :( I hate to do this but i will be using automatic and steering with the right analog stick.

Ouch. Hope you feel better soon.

Race starts in just over 12 hours :)

Guys, don't hesitate to ask any questions you have in here. Helps keep the thread active, you might get your question answered quicker, and it helps keep my inbox clear.

Am I correct in that the race starts in just over 2 hours? Just wondering as it's not DST over here yet.

Biffy
What time does qualifying start? Will be a little late as I have to qualify for the WRS Enduro.

Since the race is shorter, we'll start quali at the top Of the hour.

Brake pedal stuck on lap 7. Managed to get it unstuck for a minute before it stuck again.

Was doing really good, too, battling for 4th with Joshua and syjones.

I was going to be no more than a hindrance, and I was half asleep so I decided to pull out.

Race started with me not even seeing the countdown which resulted in me being last, I just had 17seconds until the race starts in the middle of the screen. But to make matter worse when I tried to pit I just went straight through and then same happened next lap. So sorry guys had to quit as my pit crew have ran out of tires :(. Was having fun aswell at the back bit scary at times but fun, sorry for the ruining anyones new paint job :P

RT the tire wear god passes Biffy with a lap left. He's going to be scary good this season.

I would like to say that I would have been up there sooner if I hadn't been held up.

Not going to name any names, but some drivers need to learn a bit of patience. If you pass someone on the straight using the draft, then they are on your ass for a couple laps and get by, let them go. Just because the draft makes you faster down the straight doesn't actually mean you are faster. Swapping positions back and forth does nothing but slow you down and let the leader pull away, which is exactly what happened.

It's best to work with the faster driver and follow them. Changes are they can pull you up to the leader and it works out for everyone.

I would like to say that I would have been up there sooner if I hadn't been held up.

Not going to name any names, but some drivers need to learn a bit of patience. If you pass someone on the straight using the draft, then they are on your ass for a couple laps and get by, let them go. Just because the draft makes you faster down the straight doesn't actually mean you are faster. Swapping positions back and forth does nothing but slow you down and let the leader pull away, which is exactly what happened.

It's best to work with the faster driver and follow them. Changes are they can pull you up to the leader and it works out for everyone.

Apologies for the quali lap block R1600, saw you a long way behind, turned in and thought "🤬 he's here already!"

Results:

1. R1600Turbo
2. GTP_Biffy
3. syjones1
4. TRP_SAFFY
5. carracerptp
6. joshua1994
7. SLC_VR6_V-DUB
8. Nic-KL
9. GrayFox32
10. Salty_jigaboo (+1 lap)
11. greennarcotics (DNF - sleeping pitcrew)
12. MULE_9242 (DNF - brakes)

So, I thought I had ruthless tire wear until Mule pointed out that I had one of the better sets.. no idea how some of the front runners kept there speed..

Seems like it's gonna be a fun series though. Real close door to door action for the first stint, looking forward to it! 👍

Apologies for the quali lap block R1600, saw you a long way behind, turned in and thought "🤬 he's here already!"

No big deal, I wasn't happy with qualifying as a whole anyway. And I ended up doing the whole race with a car I wasn't happy with since I didn't have enough time to get the gearing where I wanted it.

No big deal, I wasn't happy with qualifying as a whole anyway. And I ended up doing the whole race with a car I wasn't happy with since I didn't have enough time to get the gearing where I wanted it.

You weren't 5 seconds a lap off where ya? :lol:

Almost made it 2 wins out of 2 races.. almost. Not bad considering I used a random tune and had no practice going into this race.

Managed to get a perfect start and put enough distance between me and 2nd place on the first lap so I could not be drafted. From then on I tried to pull away, but even though Saffy kept Turbo occupied for the whole first stint, I could not for the life away pull more than 3 seconds away from them. Tire wear on the fronts was horrible and by the end of that stint they started to catch back up. On Lap 11 I pitted and from then on it was just me and Turbo. For about 10 laps I managed to keep him at arms length, but eventually the tire wear got the best of me, and on the penultimate lap he passed me. I couldn't fight back because my tires were too worn, so I just settled for 2nd, which wasn't bad considering the level of practice. So well done to Turbo there, that was some insane driving to be reeling me in and saving your tires at the same time. Nice work, and a good race, thanks Mule 👍

I had spent 0 seconds testing or even driving the car before the race. I was also down 9 HP and I was losing time down the straights. I used a tune I made for my mini copper and it worked well. Ran a 39.0 just before the qualifying. With .2 left in T1 and T2.
I wish I had qualified better the disconnecting was annoying :(
I could run low 39s but my car handled like junk the second I tried to pass someone. Just haven't raced any FWD cars in months. I would catch up, then sit behind the cars uselessly. then i would crash and have to repeat.

Anyway fun race, will be back for the season opener.

Great race! The integra is much more fun with the lowered power. Wanted to do some bump drafting but wasn't sure how people would take it not knowing if they knew the benefits of it. Also wished id pushed a bit more in the early laps to stay with RT and biffy. Found that the integra is not to bad on crap tyres!

Back