PURE | Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Last Race Canceled

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 382 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it has much to do with everyone together. I crashed on my own twice trying to keep up with Tim. If I wasn't worried about ruining someone's championship chances I would call it quits for the series right now. I only see bad things happening at Fuji...

Wait....

How did I end up thinking this was the last race? We are going to race these at Fuji?

I'll do some test laps but I hate fuji. I'm not liking the RH tires at all on this car. I can't get a tune that can fix the snap turn in or understeer.

As expected, I got my behind kicked the aliens. I somehow stayed in Tony and Brock's draft for much of the first stint, but the car proved too unpredictable for me to drive, especially in Sector 2 where I couldn't get the tractor to turn entering both the hairpin and Spoon. Tony went in a lap earlier than I expected, but I kept on going along with Brock for another lap. For the latter, that cost him the race, since he ended up facing the wrong way at Casio, which allowed me to go by. No matter for him, since he passed me a few laps later at T1 on the inside. That almost got me in trouble since I had way too much understeer there already, and being forced to take a different line made me go off. At that point, I peeked back to see if anyone else was coming. Nope. Just ran by myself the rest of the way. On the last lap, I almost beached it at Spoon, but all that did was add five seconds to my finish time.
Wait....

How did I end up thinking this was the last race? We are going to race these at Fuji?

I'll do some test laps but I hate fuji. I'm not liking the RH tires at all on this car. I can't get a tune that can fix the snap turn in or understeer.
To me, there's no more Fuji. Where we're going to is a massive parking lot somewhere in Japan.

Last edited:
I like Fuji...in some cars.

Well we can vote to scratch Fuji and replace it with another track.

Or we can just end the season.

To be clear, again, im not angry at anyone or anything. I just dont know how to compete semi-seriously. If people are up for some practice and racing im still game.
Its currently felt like posting good lap times durong the week might hurt attendance though.

To be clear, again, im not angry at anyone or anything. I just dont know how to compete semi-seriously. If people are up for some practice and racing im still game.
Its currently felt like posting good lap times durong the week might hurt attendance though.
For me, the biggest detraction is when the thread's activity suddenly goes flat.

Anyways, may have to attend a funeral out of town Friday, so it's likely I'll miss the last race.

People have been showing up without posting in here, but it would be nice if they kept up with the thread so we have a better idea of what to expect...

In the future just assume I'll make the race, unless I post in the thread or send a PM saying otherwise 👍

Personally I don't care too much if the last race is cancelled or not (moreso since Rich can't make it). I'm kinda over this car (particularly once we went to RH tires) at this point anyway :guilty: :lol:

Anyway, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled as to whether the race is a go or not though. Later guys :cheers:

From what I see, if the race goes as scheduled, I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose the championship. Then again, I don't have to drive the Lambo around Fuji, so I suppose it's not all bad. :lol:

I was thinking Fuji would probably be the Lambo's best track... It goes straight better than just about everything in GT5 for it's power/weight.

So what's the final decision on the race today? Just wanted to know before I hook my ps3 back up.

We're done. 👍

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the races. I was hoping for better turnouts but either online racing has hit an interest lag or it just wan't a good idea.

Congrats to Rich on winning the championship.

R1600Turbo
We're done. 👍

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the races. I was hoping for better turnouts but either online racing has hit an interest lag or it just wan't a good idea.

Congrats to Rich on winning the championship.

I only won by default. :lol:

Wish I could've raced today. Was going to enjoy a day off in California today but it's raining.

Maybe a next idea for you guys, Maserati Trofeo Challenge!

2013-01-12031743_zpsa8d0ce08.jpg

2013-01-12031841_zps92e7d392.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back