PURE | Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Last Race Canceled

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 382 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens to me pretty regularly. Not specifically when I exit a track, just randomly anywhere through the game.
Pull disc out, spit, shine, reinsert disc. (my method)

Perhaps it's like mine and you have at least 100+ freezes in the system before it actually kicks? (second gen 80gb fatty iirc)

60GB fatty here. I'm seeing used super slims on Craigslist for ~$200. I needed to upgrade anyway, just will have to do it sooner than I had hoped.

Race room will be open in about 5-10 minutes.

60GB fatty here. I'm seeing used super slims on Craigslist for ~$200. I needed to upgrade anyway, just will have to do it sooner than I had hoped.

Race room will be open in about 5-10 minutes.
Is the race start one hour or two hours away? :confused:

Hey guys. My system locked up again and now it won't read my GT5 disc. It gave me an error number, looking into it now...

:(

Edit: It's error # 80010514, which according to this site says:

The error code is actually one of two things, a) a faulty sector on the internal hard drive, or b) a faulty installation of software/firmware, both iterations actually coincide with eachother. If the hard drive suffers a faulty sector ( a section of damaged space on the drive that data may have been written to that no longer is readable), an installation may still be processed, and even work, but the error can cause some serious side effects, such as option b. If your PS3 has installed an item incorrectly, including firmware, it is in high risk of receiving this error.

👎

Someone can host and you guys can race, or we cancel. If I can sell something I've been trying to sell for weeks then I can get a used slim and be back up and running by next weekend. If not, it may be a couple weeks.

Apparently the blu-ray laser thing is kaput.

Sounds like you need to delete everything gt5 off your hdd and reonstall Jason.
Make sure you keep your game save AND Export any pictures and replays you want to keep.
Trust me, i know. :/

Not even going to bother. It was inevitable that I needed to upgrade sooner or later. I've had this thing for 4 years. Honestly lasted longer than I thought it would. No big deal, used slims are cheap so I won't be down for long. I'll just have to transfer all my data over. For now I will leave it turned off so that I don't kill it for good and lose everything.

Well, we just miss Eddie, Nige and the GTRA guy (cristianmart)
Let us know guys if you all 3 plan to race please ;)

EDIT: just Eddie and Nige now.

Jason, someone asked earlier about whether the carbon driveshaft is allowed. It's not since it's not listed but how can we check for that?

Jason, someone asked earlier about whether the carbon driveshaft is allowed. It's not since it's not listed but how can we check for that?

I'll allow it. I think I forgot to add it to the list.

Doesn't really make that big a difference anyway.

Edit: I will be leaving shortly to run errands. I will check in from the App. After the race is complete, I just need a photo of the results screen and if someone could save the replay just in case that would be spectacular. 👍

Last edited:
Motegi Q Results:

do199w.jpg

Motegi Race Results:

wi0zuc.jpg

Only 6 finished?
Correct. Tony couldn't stay because we delayed the start by an hour. Brock and joshua left during the race.

Race Report:

Bad fast.

I had a feeling Dom was going to put up a great time, and sure enough, he did by running my PB on a full tank. Who would've thunk that for one lap, I nailed every single corner save for the last one, where I might've been able to gas it a bit sooner. Probably the 2nd best Q effort I've put in, with the first where I nipped pole at Madrid (don't remember the series).

When the green flew, I powered away, and by the time I exited Turn 2, I saw Dom under heavy pressure from Will and Brock. He eventually lost 2nd to Will, and much to my surprise, hung about a second back for a few laps. However, the tires finally warmed up, and I started pulling away ever so slowly. Then, I got a communique from race control. Brock had gotten into Dom, and he eventually retired. Once I was ready for tires, the gap was around 10 seconds. After that, 13 seconds, and I kept adding to it little by little. For two laps, I went all out for that elusive 51.xxx, and I just missed it by 0.2 seconds. Oh, well. Had a minor scare with three to go at T3, but other than that, I cruised to the checkers with no problems. :)

Had a pretty rough race overall, pretty thrilled to come out with second all things considered. :)
Off the start in turn one it appeared Brock was coming way down so I went inside extra hard, which left me taking the turn in a < shape, which knocked Brock wide, and then there were cars everywhere. Shortly after he missed the braking point by a lot and ended up in a spin from my bumper. :/
Chris had a great pace, he just couldn't seem to get grips on the draft and braking early enough to compensate, and the next 12 laps were filled with bumps and corrections that left Rich driving away, faster and faster. I meant to pit on lap 10, but it wouldn't have mattered, even perfect laps from that point on, would have just netted a closer 2nd at best.
From the pits I broke the draft and established a comfortable gap, but flubbed it away to leave Chris back on me for the last 2 laps, which I then drove well enough to keep him at full arms length to keep second. :) Pretty much best case scenario for worst case scenario.

Well thanks I guess to those that stuck around.

Really sorry it had to be done this way today, but I did indeed sell an item I was trying to sell for the last couple months which will give me more than enough to replace my system. Should be back up and running sometime this week.

In the mean time, I will have points, etc updated later this evening. 👍

Well thanks I guess to those that stuck around.

Really sorry it had to be done this way today, but I did indeed sell an item I was trying to sell for the last couple months which will give me more than enough to replace my system. Should be back up and running sometime this week.

In the mean time, I will have points, etc updated later this evening. 👍
Nothing you could've done. Shame that this didn't happen around Black Friday, since they were selling really good bundles for only $250.

Have the replay in case you need it.

Before I forget, which time will we start next time? For me, I don't have an issue with either time slot.

thx for wait me, and sorry if i cause a problem...

No, no problem at all with you mate. Was really good to have you in the room today. You got a really good pace and you're very respectful. Much apreciated. Anyway, I know some GTRA guys and I know you'r great guys 👍

Oh btw, I encountered what seems to be some kind of bug at Motegi, at first I thought my wheel was losing it's mind, skipping shifts, etc, downshifting from 5th to 1st in one tap and the likes.
Then I realized it only ever happened exiting the last corner of sector 2 (left), and occasionally exiting turn 3-4. Then I noticed when it happens, I can't look backwards either, the whole screen flickers between forward and reverse rapidly.
Only in those spots though, happened all race for me, on probably half the laps. :/

Re-downloading my stuff now to see if I can help.

bored?

[suzuka] 1472-6118-3658-4759-7810
--------------------------------------
55.216 | 44.443 | 24.195 | 2:03.854
55.174 | 44.331 | 24.181 | 2:03.686
55.071 | 44.267 | 24.028 | 2:03.366
54.817 | 44.384 | 24.091 | 2:03.292
54.726 | 44.229 | 24.077 | 2:03.032
--------------------------------------

well... looks like I can do a 2:02 so I suppose the alien time is 2:01.
happy hunting.

Last edited:
Just a heads up guys this weekends race will be run on the weather change track in sunny conditions.

Also, gently used 320GB Slim PS3 will be mine tonight. :)

I'll get some laps in either tomorrow or Thursday. If JGTS was any indication, I'm going to struggle here.

Gonna open a room for a little while in the next while or so, will post as soon as it's up. Might be too early, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back