Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,834 comments
Just this morning I was as unfortunate to witness quite a piece of a questionable modification - which I can't offer you a picture of, since the driver was still around when I left.

It was a silver E39 BMW 5 series, which obviously had been "M"-ified. Being an anorak, I of course immediately spotted that it wasn't a true M5. Although the owner had fitted (too small and fake) M rims, huge spoilers all round and the typical M-gills in the fenders that are found on current M models (but not the E39 M5), I wasn't fooled. Maybe it also was because the car emitted the typical rattle of a small diesel engine - I'd say it was a 520d.

Obviously, I had to sit in my car and wait a few moments to see who gets out of that thing. To my surprise, it was a middle-aged turkish woman with a headscarf. No offense to the turkish there, but I suppose she wasn't the one who tricked this baby out.

Last edited:
In the same boat about the owner myself; I've seen two Mk3 Golfs today with chrome M3 mirrors, angel eyes and whatnot, both driven by middle-aged women..

Are middle-aged-women having Fast and Furious Midlife Crises....

Or are they just keeping the cars away from their idiot sons? >:3

13049812684.jpg

Nice... :rolleyes:

I like that

Kinda weird, but certainly not your average QM...

I think I sorta might like in a weird kinda way - But I do have a soft spot for Mk.I and Mk.II Golfs....

I think, if the owner had kept the headlights behind the grille, it might have been a winner....

I think, if the owner had kept the headlights behind the grille, it might have been a winner....

Maybe if the owner had the grille fold out the way, old school Charger style. Not too keen on the popup lights on a car not designed for them (and as a child of the 80s I love popup headlights).

Roo
Maybe if the owner had the grille fold out the way, old school Charger style. Not too keen on the popup lights on a car not designed for them (and as a child of the 80s I love popup headlights).

It's painted the wrong color. It obviously needs to be white and say "Fujiwara Tofu" on the door.

Haha you should see the tension in the Jeep Forum I'm at. CJ owners, TJ owners, JK owners (well mostly TJ owners) making fun of the square lights on the YJ's. Of course I don't care, I actually like the square light look!

-> Got this from our folks at Jalopnik:

Chinese Lamborghini Mucielago Built From Nissan 300ZX

Jalopnik
Some joker in China thought it would be fun to build a Verde Ithaca Lamborghini Murcielago out of a paltry donor-Nissan 300ZX. Dude, you really are doing it wrong.

medium_3406847096_7c2de5d74a_o.jpg

Jalopnik
When we showed you the Nissan 300ZX donates its headlights to the Lamborghini Diablo 6.0, we didn't mean that it should donate its naughty parts to do the full deed. We're embarrassed to say that we kind of like this abomination, but in sort of a cognitive illusion kind of way and that's not going to fly for too long.When we showed you the Nissan 300ZX donates its headlights to the Lamborghini Diablo 6.0, we didn't mean that it should donate its naughty parts to do the full deed. We're embarrassed to say that we kind of like this abomination, but in sort of a cognitive illusion kind of way and that's not going to fly for too long.

medium_3406036043_3f4d95c560_o.jpg

medium_3406035303_220355703e_o.jpg

medium_3406844656_bd69cff42f_o.jpg

^ For the same amount of money of building this monstrocity; he/she should have either mod the Z in a more tasteful/vicious manner. Or he/she could have bought the 370Z. I bet its a major pain parking it backwards. :indiff:

Back