Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
I think the Celica actually suits Lambo doors as the car is very sharp looking and striking, so Lambo doors wouldn't be that extreme on a car with that styling. However that example is a bit over done with the wing etc, I like the deep red paint though.

-> ...
slashfan7248593
modified-motrocycle-mod-design-mini-car.jpg
^ That car isn't modified! That car is like that from the beginning, its the Myers Motors NmG EV. It was formally known as the Corbin Sparrow.

Myers Motors

slashfan7248593
^ Oh boy! A car from my country (see: tacky banners, and Barong Tagalog)! :indiff:

Project Kahn RS-V rims don't really suit that Merc that much, the grill looks silly but I think the bumper isn't that bad. If the grill was standard, then the car would look so much better.

That actually looks better than the actual R8 rear end IMO. If the front had a different bumper design it would look pretty cool.

I do kind of agree. The thing that really ruins it is the R8 grille, with the little gap and then another, smaller grille. If that little gap weren't there, then I might quite like it. Minus the colour and the wheels.

Project Kahn RS-V rims don't really suit that Merc that much, the grill looks silly but I think the bumper isn't that bad. If the grill was standard, then the car would look so much better.

For a moment I panicked and thought you meant the grille on the pictured car should've been standard. :lol:

I don't really think it's that bad, as long as you ignore the grille they've taken straight from a new Mercedes.

E28
For a moment I panicked and thought you meant the grille on the pictured car should've been standard. :lol:

I don't really think it's that bad, as long as you ignore the grille they've taken straight from a new Mercedes.

Well I meant the original Mercedes grill, not that updated version. Looks stupider every time I look at the picture now. :lol:

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/22374202.jpg

But it's ruined by the tacky paintjob. :crazy:

Still crap, though. :ill:

That car is in my town. I drove past it today on the way home from the beach :nervous:

And a Challenger done up the same way on the way to the beach

One thing I'm wondering about those is, how do the drive axles keep from breaking?

With, say, a Caprice or Crown Victoria I can understand because of how heavy duty they are. But stuff like Camaros and 300Cs and whatnot?

Took these whilst on a trip to Florida, it was outside a shop doing conversions.

Rollin' on 30s. I like the paint job though. This and the Camaro had spinners.
198009_196191483754798_3766816_n.jpg
190579_196191553754791_501554_n.jpg

188991_196191803754766_238994_n.jpg

190571_196191600421453_252444_n.jpg

How many speakers do you need?!?

190755_196191470421466_7402183_n.jpg

They do go all out on these, it cost 100k to do something like this.

But even on the Cutlass it doesn't look like they beef up the drivetrain, and that's on a 70's GM A-Body. So something like a Camaro just seems like it would be dangerous.

Well, duh. :P

I mean in terms of being able to drive without just breaking from the stress of turning the axle. I mean, I assume they beef it up in some way, but how?

I didn't ask the guy about that, but they must do a lot to it. They must completely replace the front and rear ends, I don't think that you'd have to swap the drivetrain, but everything else would have to be swapped.

Donks are oddly intriguing. There's a ton of work that goes into some of them and most of them rarely look ratty. The paint's always well done, the rims are anything but cheap crap, and the interior are done up in all sorts of expensive leathers and woods. I'm often impressed by some of the donks even if they look ridiculous. The owners really seem to take care of the cars too, they're never dirty, dented or look hacked together. Sure they aren't my style, but in the end we're car guys and if you take care of your ride then I can respect that.

With some of them, it's really no different than lifting a truck. It's a whole suspension swap with beefy shocks. Google "donk kits" and you can see what it entails.

Back