Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Two things I spotted in the past couple of weeks.

This used to be a Monte Carlo, but now it's been painted red and it features a black graphic on the side. It's driven by somebody who goes to my school. Also note the gauges on the A-Pillar. :dopey:

2012-08-08144117.jpg

Spotted this Saturn at a gas station. :yuck:

2012-08-18155927.jpg

2012-08-18155942.jpg

It's like... someone felt an urge to make a design after seeing the Hammer-i Eagle Thrust, then paint the body a god awful colour to match the god awful styling.

That said, I love the Targa roof. :lol:

That red Monte Carlo is great, take off the stripes and it'll be better.
And if it actually has functioning gauges that are there for a reason, boost, temp etc, then what's wrong with that?

Cano
wow... wtf...

Just summed up everything I thought of that car when I looked at it. :sly:
:lol: 👍

Bopop4
And if it actually has functioning gauges that are there for a reason, boost, temp etc, then what's wrong with that?

Seems that boost gauges are seen as "JDM, Yo!" and don't really belong on many USDM cars...ones that aren't exactly turbocharged at least.

That, and maybe they don't actually function, but who knows? Actually only Doogler knows...care to shed some light on that?
(bolded for your response!) :lol:

MedigoFlame
Back to craigslist findings... :yuck:

Definition of ricer. Bet it sounds like the typical fart-can racers too! :sly:

Not really a particularly pleasant colour either. Got to love that green armrest... :indiff:

You can see the car was originally Maroon/Red/Brown. :lol:

Although I do like the LED lighting in the last picture. :sly:

Last edited:
I reeeeealy wanted to take a picture of it, but I was driving on the freeway, but it was a red Nissan R30 Skyline, and when I noticed the color scheme I instantly knew what it was, so I caught up to it to see it, the very first thing I noticed was the license plate which just made my heart drop, I don't know if he was being cute, ironic, or just plain racist, but the plate read "skyrine"........then, I noticed that it was straight pipped, and as started to pass him, I noticed that it was so low, that pieces of the front bumper were BREAKING OFF, and just as I'm about to drive off and forget the horrific sight, I noticed the driver, looked like he was the same age as me, and was wearing wayfarers, and a monster energy flatbill..........I don't mind when cars are low, I don't mind when cars have a little camber, I don't mind straight pipping (sometimes) but what I do mind, is when you take a car that people like me, would rip their left eye out to own, and COMPLETELY DESTROY IT!

^
The aluminum spoiler on the Saturn is one of the ugliest spoiler you can put on a car. :yuck:

1983 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

What the what what what what???

I literally just felt my eyes throw up...

Anyway, Craiglist time!

5L25G95H73Kf3G53Lec990741ad05a443151e.jpg

5Id5E35S03Fd3I63N3c8f2c2b298dacb51df9.jpg

5G55E75H73G83Fc3M4c9b09a3db2c004711e5.jpg

5Ie5Ea5F73F43M43L1c97526c565637e01cb8.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah same here, if the front bumper was maybe altered so it didn't have such a wobbly looking overhang that thing actually would be cool - in another colour than Aqua of course.

RocZX
^
The aluminum spoiler on the Saturn is one of the ugliest spoiler you can put on a car. :yuck:

1983 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

More Pics

I know right? That Saturn looks like a failed attempt at NFS Underground and Fast and Furious :lol::yuck:. Just blow it up please!

And I don't know what to say about that Firebird.... But whoever did this is a complete moron and have some bad taste. :facepalm:

I hope KARR kicks his 🤬 for this! :mad:

Jet Badger
Urine color finishes it nicely.

:lol:👍

Now it needs more urine and mix some feces in poop brown.

MedigoFlame
Back to craigslist findings... :yuck:

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/3273195603.html
^To be honest ,it's not the worst you could find. However, there are so many small distasteful things that it just all adds up to something awful.

Doin' it Too Fast Too Furious yo! :lol:

Seriously, this thing called a Civic need to be de-riced or something. And that spoiler. :yuck:

Watt2159
I reeeeealy wanted to take a picture of it, but I was driving on the freeway, but it was a red Nissan R30 Skyline, and when I noticed the color scheme I instantly knew what it was, so I caught up to it to see it, the very first thing I noticed was the license plate which just made my heart drop, I don't know if he was being cute, ironic, or just plain racist, but the plate read "skyrine"........then, I noticed that it was straight pipped, and as started to pass him, I noticed that it was so low, that pieces of the front bumper were BREAKING OFF, and just as I'm about to drive off and forget the horrific sight, I noticed the driver, looked like he was the same age as me, and was wearing wayfarers, and a monster energy flatbill..........I don't mind when cars are low, I don't mind when cars have a little camber, I don't mind straight pipping (sometimes) but what I do mind, is when you take a car that people like me, would rip their left eye out to own, and COMPLETELY DESTROY IT!

This guy is a 🤬 🤬 idiot! People like him don't even deserve a car like a R30. These are hard to find, unless you're in Japan or if your country have them sold there. But this 🤬 need to be tortured for ruining a classic! :mad:

masterrawad
OH GOD I AM GONNA BE SICK.

Need some paper bags? I got some. Because I'm gonna puke in a minute now. :ill:

Me too. SUV+convertible=profit in my eyes. People see convertibles as sporty, but they want the space of an SUV. Its genious

Hardly.
People see convertibles as a luxury, or just an extra car. They're not going to look at a luxury like a convertible from the practical side; that's just not how it works. But if they do, they get something like an Audi A4 Cabriolet. If anything, a person will look at the Murano Cross-Cabriolet and think it's frivolous and unnecessary, like a BMW X6. Of course, there are people that like frivolous and unnecessary cars, but they either don't want a Nissan and get an X6, or they can't afford a BMW and get a Nissan Juke.

masterrawad
OH GOD I AM GONNA BE SICK.

I saw one of these in town the other day riding with the top down. In horror I shut my eyes and consequently ran into a fire hydrant. I'm filing a Class Action lawsuit against Nissan to cover the damages. I'll keep you updated on the status.

Latest Posts

Back