Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Good work on the body work, but the limitations show (unmatching proportions), so no, the project was not a success.

Going for the rusted out bucket look I see. It's the new hellaflush.

Actually, I think abusing cars in general is the new hellaflush, becuase don't forget about the roof rack that served no purpose aside from carrying a barrage of stickers, the completely ruined suspension after years of being ridden on the ground, and the engine that has more missing parts than a pick and pull project, it's cool though, because when the tail pipe smogs, it means your "hesh", and don't worry you'll be able to own one too, when this baby goes up for the low low price of $6,000.
And I honestly see the same fate for the new BR-Z, and I weep for the poor soul who has to buy one used in the next few years.

Actually, I think abusing cars in general is the new hellaflush, becuase don't forget about the roof rack that served no purpose aside from carrying a barrage of stickers, the completely ruined suspension after years of being ridden on the ground, and the engine that has more missing parts than a pick and pull project, it's cool though, because when the tail pipe smogs, it means your "hesh", and don't worry you'll be able to own one too, when this baby goes up for the low low price of $6,000.
And I honestly see the same fate for the new BR-Z, and I weep for the poor soul who has to buy one used in the next few years.

That BMW has a 2J....
and It was in a crash that bent the A pillar, so he chopped the roof.

choppedbmw.jpg

Nothing questionable here

IMO, the paintjob isn't too bad, but the chopped roof and literally sitting on the ground is ridiculous.

Making your car look a bit beaten up is OK, as long as everything's there for show, and it's not actually beaten up, like many are because it's 'cool'...

aadil717
I feel sad. :(

Rotiforms I can understand; but the car is ruined IMO. Just look at how depressed it looks.
I think it was Already ruined, nobody would buy a car wit damage to the a pillar, so even though he could have spent a bunch of money restoring it he did this and at least kept it out of a junker

People still hate on Rusty? That cars been dead twice, once in an accident and the other in a garage fire, and Mike Burroughs keeps bringing it back instead of sending it to the crusher. There's just not much to go on after a semi truck hits your car, then burns up completely. Read the story over at StanceWorks, it's pretty interesting too.

Also he drive an awesome '71 BMW 2800CS now, which is worth checking out.

That BMW has a 2J....
and It was in a crash that bent the A pillar, so he chopped the roof.

choppedbmw.jpg

Nothing questionable here

That breaks my heart.

Imagine that poor BMW go over a speedbump! :scared:

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/25999135.jpg

:lol:

It's not the first time a car has been seen with eye lashes. I've seen about 4 cars with them :yuck: .

My friend's sister, who drops me at school every morning, has those eyelashes on her 2011 Mustang. It actually looks pretty nice. 0.0

Joey D
People still hate on Rusty? That cars been dead twice, once in an accident and the other in a garage fire, and Mike Burroughs keeps bringing it back instead of sending it to the crusher. There's just not much to go on after a semi truck hits your car, then burns up completely. Read the story over at StanceWorks, it's pretty interesting too.

Also he drive an awesome '71 BMW 2800CS now, which is worth checking out.

I think he is selling the E9 to work on the e28

The wheel is actually attached to the vehicle. :P

Hmm define "attached"? :lol:

The only thing holding it in place is the weight of the vehicle. Where the axle shaft meets the differential there is (or should be), what's called a C-clip. When that clip breaks it allows the axle to slide out and away from the housing. Which is what is happening in that picture, the clip broke and the axle shaft is sliding out of the housing. If it slides much more the axle with the wheel attached will roll away. The wheel is attached to the axle shaft, yes. But axle shaft is being held in place by luck.:sly:

And yes the same thing happened to me about 15 years ago. :cheers:

How come that people are stupid enough to actually do such a thing to an old car? Can't they understand that classic cars are supposed to be RENOVATED rather than tuned?:confused:

Madertus
How come that people are stupid enough to actually do such a thing to an old car? Can't they understand that classic cars are supposed to be RENOVATED rather than tuned?:confused:

How come people are stupid enough not to understand that Mike saved that car from the crusher...twice?

MatskiMonk
Guy oughta have his ass removed for doing that to an E28. :ouch:

That's exactly what I thought.
I hope it's not the same black E28 with a 2JZ on Stanceworks from ages ago, but from what I've heard I think it is.

It woulda been better if he restored even with a chopped roof rather than turn it into (what appears to be) a rat/rust-bucket look.

Joey D
How come people are stupid enough not to understand that Mike saved that car from the crusher...twice?

Saving a car is one thing, but turning it into something that should belong in a crusher is another.
IMO, it would of been much nicer if it looked "clean" and original.
I don't mind the wheels, or making it looked "stanced" because it did look cool, but IMO and I think I'm speaking for others too; the rat look isn't. And that's exactly why it now belongs in this thread.

I forgot most people on GTP don't want anything done to cars other than some really simple rims and a bit of a drop. Is Mike's BMW questionable? Of course. Is it sacrilegious to car and he destroying a vehicle? Not at all. If one reads up on the car they'll see just how dedicated he is to it.

You cant restore a car that has a bent A pillar.
The car would have been crushed, but he decided to chop the roof.
Something hot rodders have been doing for years, and it looks good.

I forgot most people on GTP don't want anything done to cars other than some really simple rims and a bit of a drop. Is Mike's BMW questionable? Of course. Is it sacrilegious to car and he destroying a vehicle? Not at all. If one reads up on the car they'll see just how dedicated he is to it.

Considering, if I recall correctly, that car was destroyed before he went all crazy with it.

GTP is like a mob mentality conformist state when it comes to "tuning cars." And generally refuse to look up the back story on a car. Or the fact this car has been through so many phases and incidents it is crazy.

Oh, and those of you that are stressed out over the car can breath easy - it was retired after the frame started to separate.

I'm just not a fan of the new "slammed" craze, I wouldn't mind so much, if it wasn't the ONLY thing people wanted to do with their cars, and it begs the question if the majority of these people who do this stuff to their cars, are really in it for the cars, or if they're just doing it, just to fit in. (And those DAMNED roof racks!)

It seems everything everyone has told you about the car being rolled, destroyed and in a massive fire has just, like, whooosh, from one ear to the other, and you're still fixated in the car's stance. Cute.

It seems everything everyone has told you about the car being rolled, destroyed and in a massive fire has just, like, whooosh, from one ear to the other, and you're still fixated in the car's stance. Cute.

When I say slammed craze, I was referencing all of those reasons, I just call it that, because there's no official name for it (at least what I know of) I guess I could call it stupid, or euro hipster, but whenever I hear someone say a car is "slammed" it normally looks along the lines of that.

Back