Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
How come people are stupid enough not to understand that Mike saved that car from the crusher...twice?

That's a bit like having a doctor save your life by stitching both your thumbs up your bum-hole!

When my first E28 reached the end of it's useful life, this happened to it..

My5Series.jpg

Pretty much tracked to death. That's a far more dignified way for a BMW to go (IMO) than the pancaked E28 above.

Seriously though I really don't like older cars being modified in anyway. If this guy's E9 is the one I think it is, then I've ranted elsewhere about it.

God I miss my E28 so much!

When my first E28 reached the end of it's useful life, this happened to it..

Pretty much tracked to death. That's a far more dignified way for a BMW to go (IMO) than the pancaked E28 above.

The A-pillar was destroyed. I don't think any racing body outside maybe a demolition derby would permit such a car to race, it wasn't even remotely structurally sound.

As I've said, the car is questionable for sure and the mods aren't to everyone's tastes, but Mike in no way committed some automotive atrocity. This isn't some POS Civic bought by some 17 year old kid and hacked together by someone trying to hard. It's a car that's had quite a bit of time put into it by a really dedicated car guy. That's my issue when people bring the car up.

E28
The car itself is pretty clean, and if you removed the rear camber I'd like it. 👍

It's probably on air and without the right setup you'll get camber when aired out.

That Mercy is done the right way if we don't count the lowered suspension.
As Joey D mentioned it has air suspension. I saw the car drop down at the lights, the look of it isn't my style really.

I don't mind when cars are low like that, but that rear camber just ruins it for me, if it was the same angle as the front, it would look pretty decent.

So I was on Yahoo!...

bling_bling_gangsta_4_life-img600x450-1341828020ftqzrj7624.jpg

And this other one which thinks it's an Aston Martin...
jin_udoh-img600x450-1345184687av0xb644087.jpg

Although I really like the rear end treatment.
jin_udoh-img600x450-13451846872q8vtf44087.jpg

It could be the color, but the rear end wouldn't look out of place on an Alfa Romeo. I really wish I understood Japanese to find out more about it.

So I was on Yahoo!...

I'm sorry. This is too far. So, this is what it feels like to have the love of your life killed in a horrible train crash. What a terrible feeling. :( My dream car...

I think the back is looking quite nice and the front isn't bad either with the obvious exception of those headlights :yuck:

poolhaas

Now I'm liking the old Benz here. Low which is nice, but I'm not feeling that rear wheel camber though.

-Fred-
So I was on Yahoo!...

Now what :censored would lift a SC300/400? :facepalm:

But I'm loving the Lexus-Martin DB7 look-a-like, but he front lights throws the whole theme off. Now just find some DB7 lights, and do some custom work to the car so they can flow with the body. Same with the rear lights.

Watt2159
Brings back memories of Midnight Club LA.......bad ones. :nervous:

I know right :nervous:? I have some nice designs and color shifts and mixes, and everytime I look at rate my ride, these stupid donks are ALWAYS the top rated cars. There's some nicely done cars and sweet vinyls creations still out there, but there's more tacky looking cars now though.

I know right :nervous:? I have some nice designs and color shifts and mixes, and everytime I look at rate my ride, these stupid donks are ALWAYS the top rated cars. There's some nicely done cars and sweet vinyls creations still out there, but there's more tacky looking cars now though.

Have you seen it on Xbox 360? There is literally nothing but glitched out crap mobiles.

I don't even really think he tried to make it look like an Aston Martin.
It just has a long nose and maybe the front has hints; like the grill and bumper, but he has tried to add his own touch to try and not make it identical, but I think it was a cool job from the back.
Definitely questionable though.

Am I the only one who thinks that Lexus/ Aston Martin is stupid?

No, you're not the only one. Yes, the owner ruined my dream car. No, no one would buy it for more than an original SC300. Yes, he put a lot of time and money into it. Yes, it was all a big waste. :( Some people shouldn't have the cars they have.

This is the guy who should have an Opel Vectra (Top Gear always says that they're the most unwanted car...)

I like it. Certainly looks better than the standard SC300 which has incredibly dull front and rear end styling.

Latest Posts

Back