Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
spoiler-10.jpg

This spoiler is strangely similar in size to those used in F1...

...coincidence?

The wheels on that evo are questionable, but that wing is fully functional. Its positioned over the rear fenders for maximum downforce efficiency. In gt5 i believe both the evo x tc and gdb impreza spec c have these types of wings as well as the lancer evo super rally car, which the car in the pic is replicating

It's also electric and has all-wheel drive in wheel motors that give the car some serious torque. The spoiler is there to help with aerodynamics and reduce drag. The wheels have to be large and weird looking to accommodate the motors.

Nothing questionable, it's all pretty functional.

Looks like exactly the same spoiler that they put on the Lancer Evo WRC, so I'm not really seeing the issue with it.

mitsubishi_lancer_WRC05_manu-05.jpg

Last edited:
However functional it may be, it it's utterly hideous.

I should remind people, firstly, that it's not a modification at all.

Secondly, I disagree. I love the way that the Evo rally cars look, since the first one. Seriously, don't hate on a car, because it's designed to net rear downforce in a different way. I believe, actually, that this rear spoiler was designed to net downforce without creating excessive downforce, which could cause instability while the rally car was airborne, launching off of a jump, since there are lots of jumps in rally racing. The roads are much less "flat" than their paved counterparts. Just look at the Finnish rally, for example.

If you net too much rear downforce in a car like that, when it does get airborne, one end of the car will be pushed down slightly sooner than the other. Considering the weight of the engine in the front, it might act to balance the way the car comes airborne, and, in effect, how it lands, too. It would certainly also aid cornering speeds in higher-speed sections.

It was a purpose-built racing machine.

The problem is that that EVO has on the side and back the words MIEV which comes from the car , I-MIEV , wrong name. :P

They must have wanted a little downforce.

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/25999135.jpg

:lol:

I saw my first car-with-eyelashes yesterday. Out of all the cars and out of all the modifications, why would the driver end up with this???

questionable_mod.png

It's not the first time a car has been seen with eye lashes. I've seen about 4 cars with them :yuck: .

Last edited:
Back