Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
And, a small bulge is okay. Most drag cars have a small bulge in the tires (from running like 6 psi :lol:,) but, tread + bulge + alignment + car show = "I didn't know what I wanted to do with this car. Is it a daily driver? Is it a drag car? Is it a show car? It can't do all of them right, but, it can't do any of them, right, either."

Aren't you the person who wants to make their Subaru do everything?

Aren't you the person who wants to make their Subaru do everything?

In fact, it does autocross, it does tow a go-kart (latest racing project,) and it is a daily driver. And it doesn't look horrible. But, after looking very closely at the interior/roof/dash/door panels, I don't think people will want to see it at SEMA or anything. :lol: So, maybe it won't be a show car. Maybe it'll be more go than show.

I still am happy with the functionality I've gotten from that Subaru, whether it's got some roof dents (Québec bridges falling apart??) or not. It won't be a show car anymore, so I don't care.

oi
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/30117619.jpg

Haha this thread now rules thanks to Canada Guy. You brighten up every thread you participate in. I think you'll be the next Eminembeastfan2 if he doesn't come up with even more greatness than you do. The competition will be fierce.

EDIT: There, happy? :dopey:

Last edited:
Haha this thread now rules thanks to Canada Guy. You brighten up every thread you participate in. I think you'll be the next Eminembeastfan2 if he doesn't come up with even more greatness than you do. The competition will be fierce.

EDIT: There, happy? :dopey:

Stop, man. I knew exactly what I'm talking about.

And, a small bulge is okay. Most drag cars have a small bulge in the tires (from running like 6 psi :lol:,) but, tread + bulge + alignment + car show = "I didn't know what I wanted to do with this car. Is it a daily driver? Is it a drag car? Is it a show car? It can't do all of them right, but, it can't do any of them, right, either."

Sometimes, when people go to car shows, the barely street legal drag cars get the most attention. And they don't drive them daily either.

Sometimes, when people go to car shows, the barely street legal drag cars get the most attention. And they don't drive them daily either.

But, would it really have those tires? Even if the only purpose of the car is drag racing/driving to car shows, that's even more reason to have better tires; there's next-to-no chance of rain. 💡

Stop, man. I knew exactly what I'm talking about.

No, you don't. Hell, the very fact that you're arguing about the tire choice of the car in question absolutely shows you have nooooooooooooo ideeeeea of what you're talking about. The snow tire bit was awesome.

And everyone, stop arguing about wheter the car is set up for drag racing, it clearly isn't. It's just a drag-styled street machine, a street freak if you will. And I'm sure it's not even thaaat fast, but you can never know.

No, you don't. Hell, the very fact that you're arguing about the tire choice of the car in question absolutely shows you have nooooooooooooo ideeeeea of what you're talking about. The snow tire bit was awesome.

That's what it looks like! They don't look like any sort of performance tire, like you'd normally see on a drag car... Which, to me, ruins the entire car. The tires are the essential part of the car. I mean, unless you want to drive on metal tires...

I say again, (asides from the hilarious comedic side,) that metal rims do not get much grip, and tend to destroy pavement (we have some cars with studded winter tires way up north...) and cause stupidly copious problems.

Now, explaining the exaggeration: you see now, what happens to even good cars (I like that Audi a bit), when their tires aren't good (or made into train rim things.)

Why skimp on the part that makes your car work?

There's this thing. That people like to put on vintage cars. They're called vintage tires...
bfg_radial_ta_rwl_ci2_l.jpg

But, the front tires aren't spaced out. I'm saying that they could've used wheel spacers to create offset in the front wheels.

That's not the look they want, the point is to have the back spaced out for the right stance and have the fronts tucked in a bit. From what I see now on my computer those aren't really true skinnies either, just some narrower wheels on regular street tires not winters. The car is obviously just a show car, serious drag cars dont have all kinds of chrome or custom front grilles. I really dont see the reason for a three page argument on this, or even why its questionable other than the chrome scoops. Its quite nice for a ford :bowtie: and much better than the stock front end on those things.

This is the true pinnacle of embarassment. Not only is it a poorer-than-poor replica of a legendary beast, but it has A STEREO IN THE BACK. as if that is needed.

Here is a lovely description by the owner:

Porsche 917 lemans same car from Lemans the movie with steve mcquen the 917 is Known as the #1 super car of all time. This is a amazing car and gets more attention then a ferrari or lambo I get people take pictures and videos all the time if your shy this is not the car for you it custom competition stereo subs speakers amps really loud custom drop down dvd screen with back up camera exhaust manual trans "Collector Plates"possible trades [number removed] or [email removed] thanks

Everyone point and laugh.

Back