Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
The PT cruiser just got uglier.

2001ptcruisercustom0405.jpg

Umm... Skyrim

dragoncar1.jpg

Who would want a car that looks like its been painted ONLY with primer?

9101053-md.jpg

Which I think looks pretty damn cool. I'll say right here that the matte colors trend that's all the rage today in Lmabos and BMWs was derived from the flat-painted hot rods that started to be all the rage in the late 90s, which were derived from a big surge of nostalgia-cars in the hobby around that time.

Still, it's all wrong. Well, not "wrong" but it's not period correct as most people thinks. If you talk to guys who built hot rods in the 50s and 60s they'll tell you that they drove the car in primer because they had no money for paint but still wanted to protect the metal of the car as much as possible, hence the cheap-ass primer paint jobs, but that was only while they saved up for a nice paint job, they didn't do it on purpose, like today.

Which I think looks pretty damn cool. I'll say right here that the matte colors trend that's all the rage today in Lmabos and BMWs was derived from the flat-painted hot rods that started to be all the rage in the late 90s, which were derived from a big surge of nostalgia-cars in the hobby around that time.

Still, it's all wrong. Well, not "wrong" but it's not period correct as most people thinks. If you talk to guys who built hot rods in the 50s and 60s they'll tell you that they drove the car in primer because they had no money for paint but still wanted to protect the metal of the car as much as possible, hence the cheap-ass primer paint jobs, but that was only while they saved up for a nice paint job, they didn't do it on purpose, like today.

I didn't think about hot rods/rat rods. Those do look cool. But I meant matte paint on something like a Civic or even on something expensive like an Aventador.

Oh dear God.... where do you find these cars?!?!?!? They're fugly! Except for the first custom PT Cruiser. It looks good IMO. Everything else is just fugly! *shivers*

Not sure if it's been mentioned but does anyone here follow shed of the day on facebook? It's not as good anymore but there were some great pictures uploaded a few months back. Well I say great... You know what I mean.

The BMW Mustang Skyline... .!!!!!!

That poor poor E23...

... having said that.. it's in better nick than most un-molested examples I see around at least!

The R35 is that much wider than the R34? Holy crap.

That's really cool! I never liked the greenhouse on the R35.

Yeah. They should have used the one on the original prototype. I remember their being a Photoshop of that and it looked really good.

105290d1240606239-1st-g35-itasha-stateside-130_0903_21_z-ita_sha_car_show-nissan_gtr.jpg

Why do people have to slam and put ludicrous stretched tires on everything? Oh, it's also an itasha Skyline, BUT THOSE TIRES! :crazy:

Who can recognize the name? *cough*c zeta*cough*

Custom878
Why do people have to slam and put ludicrous stretched tires on everything? Oh, it's also an itasha Skyline, BUT THOSE TIRES! :crazy:

Who can recognize the name? *cough*c zeta*cough*

I find it normal for a Skyline to look like that...

Back