Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
yuvd2.jpg

I chuckled at this

Modifying any Ferrari is questionable, but seriously these look amazing. If anything it looks even better at the front. There's a sort off Can-Am/Group 5 look to them at the rear.
Unfortunately Google seems to show that atm they are just renderings.
So, what Novitec does is now questionable? Wut?

The kid in me just exploded with joy. And then the explosion got to the adult me.

It looks like a Hotwheels car.....

I want one.

Start saving...

I'd like to know how they got the horsepower. /skeptic

If they've got a legitimate plan, I see nothing wrong with it.

The fins look goofy to me, but tastes are different from person to person.

Built twin turbo LS7 on race gas/methanol injection, it could make 1700HP maybe more. SoCal guy does them for street/race cars. I don't recall his name though?

I believe he's referring to Nelson Racing engines, which do exactly what he says.
The name NELSON RACING ENGINES has become synonymous with extreme horsepower applications.
When professional car builders and car owners are looking to "push the envelope" of power and drivability, they call on NRE.
Whether looking for 2,000hp+ race application, or a 1,500hp street application, NRE has been building turn-key solutions for super motors since 1996.
Pretty similar setup to UGR & Heffner's cars, just a lot more power on tap.

I can only imagine the reliability.

They are absolutely reliable. Nelson's engines can be daily driven in the street then taken to the track and give them whirl at will. They're been doing this dance for like 15 years now. A 1,000 hp crate engine is their most basic offering, or they can put together a 2,500 hp engine that is still street capable. And totally reliable.

So, what Novitec does is now questionable? Wut?

Well yes. Surely taking any good looking very expensive car and modifying it is questionable? That doesn't mean there can't be good results.

Someone could buy the Mona Lisa, then decide they wanted to fix the smile. It would be extremely questionable, but the finished product could end up better than the original.

Well yes. Surely taking any good looking very expensive car and modifying it is questionable? That doesn't mean there can't be good results.

Someone could buy the Mona Lisa, then decide they wanted to fix the smile. It would be extremely questionable, but the finished product could end up better than the original.
That's a very extreme example to use considering the rarity of the Mona Lisa & the inability to undo any damage in comparison to a widely produced car, or the fact that you can't guarantee you'll make it better.

Novitec does offer that guarantee that the car will be better. Nothing they do is really questionable beyond the black taillights (which are really just a trademark for them) & finished paint schemes of their showpieces because all the mods they put in place serve a purpose.
1658_novitec-rosso--458_3.jpg

All the lips, side skirts, diffusers, & vents they put everywhere aren't tacked on for looks. The company does do wind tunnel testing, so the questionable-ness isn't really there if the parts are working. You could go as far as to say the looks are questionable, but in 95% of Novitec cars, the mods are so subtle that the car's identity isn't really affected.

Back