Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
They are absolutely reliable. Nelson's engines can be daily driven in the street then taken to the track and give them whirl at will. They're been doing this dance for like 15 years now. A 1,000 hp crate engine is their most basic offering, or they can put together a 2,500 hp engine that is still street capable. And totally reliable.

For how long? :sly:

Custom878
For how long? :sly:

Depends on the driver and the car. Is it automatic, or a manual? Does the driver know how to drive a manual? Does he know how to use the clutch properly. Does he drive responsibly? Does he rev the engine a lot? Etc....

With 2500 hp, and nowhere to go with it, I wouldn't be rev'ing much.

Take it to a track, please, before you try to put your 2500 hp to use. That way, I'm not the thing you run into when you lose control... Unless I'm at the track. :lol:

I honestly, don't get the point of a road legal drag car with 3000 HP and a turning circle of a meandering cow.

“I'm going to the races tonight! They wont suspect a thing!"

“Oh yeah.... don't worry about the PARACHUTE on the back of your car!"

Oh, don't worry, there is no purpose. That's why it's in the thread. :dopey:

Asides from ridiculous bragging rights, that is. :grumpy:

Edit: "I burn more gas than you, in one day, than you could burn in a week."

ITCC_Andrew
Oh, don't worry, there is no purpose. That's why it's in the thread. :dopey:

Asides from ridiculous bragging rights, that is. :grumpy:

They don't even have that.... I mean, the second you start listing what a NORMAL car is capable of, they drop their heads and look for a new group to annoy.

Annoying-Facebook-Girl.jpg

And, if that doesn't work, there's always a 12 year old you can impress on the internet.

I can only imagine the reliability.
No you can't.:sly:
They don't even have that.... I mean, the second you start listing what a NORMAL car is capable of, they drop their heads and look for a new group to annoy.

What's a NORMAL car capable of? What are you talking about?

These are things ricers say right? Oh oh oh that's not a NORMAL car. Well, if you had a NORMAL car I could win.:sly:

Funny stuff guys.:lol: I proved the horsepower to be accurate so you ranted aboot :sly: whatever else you could make up. Thanks I needed a laugh.:lol:

Check out NRE's Sandrail and Baja truck, around 1500HP each. "Turing circle of a cow" They take it thru the drive thru and it's a trophy truck :lol: They don't just make drag cars.:dopey:

I kind of like it. It's certainly better than the beat up Rams we have here, where every single panel has chrome trim on it, faded paint and awful wheels.

Here is an unusual car I posted in another thread that someone built that I see in my area often. I think it may be a heavily modified Metro GS, but I am not sure, what do you guys think? :confused:

photo1_zpsb4ed111a.jpg

photo_zpsa80103ca.jpg

Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
With 2500 hp, and nowhere to go with it, I wouldn't be rev'ing much.

Take it to a track, please, before you try to put your 2500 hp to use. That way, I'm not the thing you run into when you lose control... Unless I'm at the track. :lol:
Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue about the actual tuning that goes into the engine. You're not going to get that full amount of power available in first gear or even 2nd or 3rd.

Spoken like someone who has absolutely no clue about the actual tuning that goes into the engine. You're not going to get that full amount of power available in first gear or even 2nd or 3rd.

But why do you need that kind of power?

But why do you need that kind of power?
Well, you're not going to be breaking any records with a mere 1,000whp anymore.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/22/videos-worlds-fastest-street-car-drives-1-200-miles-whips-off/
Technically, there's nothing wrong with putting your race car on a trailer and towing it to the track. In fact, as anyone who has tried to use a track rat as a daily driver can tell you, a car can be either a racer or a commuter. Rarely can it do both effectively. But there's a certain subset of drivers out there for whom "trailer queen" is as dirty a phrase as any four-letter word you could think of. Hot Rod Magazine has worked up an event just for these folk. It's called Drag Week, and the rules are pretty simple. Cars must run five tracks in five states over five days, lowest ET wins and everyone has to drive their bruiser from track to track. No trailers allowed.

This year's king of the heap is Larry Larson and his 1966 Chevrolet Nova, a racer that is staking its claim for the title of world's fastest street car. A twin-turbocharged 565 cubic-inch big-block Bowtie V8 supplies the grunt, and though it's never been on a dyno, estimates put it at more than 2,300 horsepower. As a result, Larson can launch the car down the quarter mile in 6.95 seconds at 209.1 mph, even after driving the car on public roads for five days straight – some of it in pouring rain, no less. Hit the jump to see a few videos of the machine.
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...932-ugr-lambo-breaks-moscow-record-again.html
Underground Racing
"Congratulations to Leonid for driving his Underground Racing TT Gallardo to a new 1 mile ET record and for running 263 mph in the standing mile (ET record previously owned by an AMS GTR). Also thanks to Leonid choosing Underground Racing to build your Lamborghini.

Leonid came to us a few months back wanting to send his very rare LP570 6-speed that he found in the UAE for a turbo system that could break the Moscow 500 record. After chatting with him for a while, we decided to go with the Stage 2R build. After we got the TT Gallardo completed, he came over from Russia to do some test driving. Afterward we let it go to the shipper, and they flew it back home to Russia.

This TT LP570 made a bit aprox 1,800 whp on a dynojet. It has our normal built engine from Proline Racing with the 2R race heads. Doug and the guys at Proline Racing have been perfect on the now over 100 Lamborghini engine builds they have done for us! It has our latest transmission components, including a very high strength custom ratio billet 1-6 gear setup with billet output and input shafts. We are running custom spec billet helix final drive gears as well. It has billet modifications to the transmission case and to the mid plate with a billet differential. John Reed added his MoTeC ECU setup as well. It has a custom billet intake made to our spec, that was a must due to the high boost pressure conditions that the stock plastic one will not contain.

The great thing about this car is it is truly a fully loaded street car that will pass US OBD2 inspections. The record pass was done on street tires using Toyo R888's. For Leonid to take this record and to go this fast in a manual 6-speed is a great accomplishment. You actually have to drive this car, not just sit back and let a launch control system and paddles do the work.

Also, thanks to our new service center in Russia, Altechno, for helping with race support and other adjustments."
We don't live in a world anymore where this kind of power will never be usable off the track or only exists in straight-up drag racing cars that need trailers to go places.

Back