Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Here is an unusual car I posted in another thread that someone built that I see in my area often. I think it may be a heavily modified Metro GS, but I am not sure, what do you guys think? :confused:

Almost certainly a Metro. Hypermilers regularly hack them apart like that. That thing probably gets 80 mpg.

Found this while looking at MR2s in the DFW area.

2002_Toyota_FERRARI_LOOK_MR2_Spyder_Kit_51Kmiles_S_8b8e4b30709f5f55964f.jpg

2002_Toyota_FERRARI_LOOK_MR2_Spyder_Kit_51Kmiles_S_8b8e4b30709f5f55964f_13.jpg

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/4021409046.html

Omg on that Superleggera UGR. Pitty, love that AMS Alpha 12. But did hear that the AMS guys working on a higher HP kit than the 12, 1500whp or something

I like it. Just needs lowered a bit and you can fool all but the trained eye

I found it for the same price as non-Ferrari looking base versions of the same car that I've been looking at. Don't think I could bring myself to do this one instead, though.

I found it for the same price as non-Ferrari looking base versions of the same car that I've been looking at. Don't think I could bring myself to do this one instead, though.

It's not terribly accurate in some parts, but I'd be sorta fine with it. However, I would rather have a TRUE Ferrari.

Almost certainly a Metro. Hypermilers regularly hack them apart like that. That thing probably gets 80 mpg.
Seeing how the headlights are and that door, I believe so too. I didn't know they did that with cars like that, I would like to see even more pictures of these modified Metro's!

photo1_zpsb4ed111a.jpg

photo_zpsa80103ca.jpg

Seeing how most of the car is made of fiberglass, gives it better aerodynamics, therefore, better MPG. I am curious to know what the owner calls this thing and how much MPG it gets. ;)
Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
Back