Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
When my truck was lifted and nice I kept it clean to make it look nicer. It did see a lot of mud though.

Every time I jump back on the Focus forums I remember why I quit going there, who puts a Cherry Bomb on a brand new car?

====

Oh and then I found this:
FB6B5DBE-4EBC-43C4-A582-58FF4F301D16-683-00000068BE6C1C30.jpg

And the guy put these wheels on it that looked like this, yes that's a really poorly welded up aluminum wheel the owner expects to "rally" race with.
8C375989-9DC8-4456-A9BA-5024A5916509-264-00000038AB5CC2C0.jpg

I get having a rally toy to screw around with, but this guy daily's this thing.

Last edited:
I know Katiegan has a Ford Mondeo, but I think she would have a heart attack after seeing those pictures.

Nobody can be that bad at welding, even on the first time... right..?

It has to be a joke and he took it in for scrap right after.. at least that's what I'm choosing to believe.

Searching through some other posts of his on the forums it looks like he ground the weld flush, but if he rallies the car like he says he does then I think he's going to have a bad time. I mean I have quite a bit of redneck engineering on my RallyX car but nothing that would jeopardize the safety of me.

He's also claiming to be building a new rally car out of brand new Focus. I really hope he executes that one better.

I can't find any adjectives to describe this bad wielding and this Focus. But this guy need to learn how to wield. That's unsafe and dangerous for rallying or the road.

Nah. That's not necessarily going to get anyone hurt, it's just going to further damage the rim, thereby probably causing a crash which, though it likely won't be fatal, will total the Focus.

A waste of a decent rally car, really. There are a few Focuses that rally up here, and not one of them has a crap repair-job.

Who uses a brand new car for Rallying..?

Antoine L'Estage, WRC drivers, Fiesta rally drivers...

Antoine L'Estage, WRC drivers, Fiesta rally drivers...

Allow me to rephrase - Who uses a brand new car for casual events.

Rich people and people with sponsors can afford new cars that will likely come back with more than a couple scratches, that's a given; but unless Hoonigan has become the name of a company lately that went mad with sponsorship deals I don't think this bloke has much money behind him.

Fair point, but the 90s cars are just as fast, sometimes, too. :lol:

I've seen a GC8 Impreza running at almost the rally-winning pace in local rallies.

But, that said, he's in for trouble when the rim gives, and becomes unbalanced, and pulls the car into a tree... Because, you know, it's his daily driver.

Yeah, it's not that bad compared to others. There's also another car on my Flickr, it's a C35 but some douche has decided to stick AMG badges on it. Not fooling me.

Back