Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
I can't even begin to put into words how I feel about this...​

This warrants a repost.

1006242_423445064436602_1130280690_n.jpg

That plate... we must destroy it :mad:

This warrants a repost.

Why must you hurt me in these ways.

I like both of those slammed Subaru's.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they weren't STi's, it's like the people who put 86GTs on 'bags'.. it baffles me how someone can buy a car built around handling and going fast and then ruin that work in an effort to scrape as many lips as possible.

It's their car and they can do whatever they want it's just.. I don't understand?

why?! I really don't understand why people like to lower their cars too much and camber their wheels like that.

It looks good to have your wheels in line with the bodywork, getting rid of the gap in the wheel-well.

I personally like it. Some cars look great stanced:

8018466112_a422bc8bf3_b.jpg

Excuse the rear wing :indiff:

This Golf looks pretty good.

newsnthumb5-630x400.jpg

why?! I really don't understand why people like to lower their cars too much and camber their wheels like that.

They think it's "cool". I use that term lightly. Super low ride height is cool on 50's lowriders fitted with hydraulics, but on purpose built driver's cars like the Impreza STI, its just disgraceful.

They think it's "cool". I use that term lightly. Super low ride height is cool on 50's lowriders fitted with hydraulics, but on purpose built driver's cars like the Impreza STI, its just disgraceful.

👍

Clear-cut performance cars really shouldn't be hacked about with.

(Yes, I realise that I'll probably offend someone who thinks that the S2000 above is a "performance car"...)

It doesn't offend, it's just sometimes one must hack on a car to extract more performance. Air ride can actually add ride quality and performance at the same time. While still being capable of striking a cool "stance" for photo's.

Last edited:

Because I think it looks good and not an ultra-elitist who thinks car should look a certain way. If I had two cars I'd probably lay the Focus out like that.

I wasn't aware you were the ultimate authority's on coolness. I'll run stuff past you in the future so we don't have these issues. 👍

The first lowered Subaru would be nice without the ridiculous camber. I like lowered cars, but some are plain stupid.

Because I think it looks good and not an ultra-elitist who thinks car should look a certain way. If I had two cars I'd probably lay the Focus out like that.

Alright then, I was just curious. I personally don't like the look of them. They just seem a bit weird to me. I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't mod your car like that.

I really really really dislike slammed cars. I think they look horrendous. I prefer big fat wide tires that stick out with large sidewalls.

Anyone can do what they want to their car though, because it is their car. I just don't agree with it.

The main reason why I probably wouldn't mod a car like that is that I feel that daily driving would be a pain, especially where I live at the moment. I would also be paranoid about messing up the fenders or something.

Alright then, I was just curious. I personally don't like the look of them. They just seem a bit weird to me. I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't mod your car like that.

Sorry if my reply came off a bit d-bagish and my elitist comment was more in general instead of directed at you. I just get annoyed with the whole thing that vehicles need to all be modified a certain way. As long as you're not making your vehicle unsafe, I don't care what you do it it since it's your car.

Obviously people aren't always going to agree ok what looks good, which is cool, but I don't understand why people get all uppity and think it's some sort of sin to modified a vehicle a certain way. For example I got crap all time because I had lowered my Blazer and I could never really figure out why people were so offended by a lowered truck.

Sorry if my reply came off a bit d-bagish and my elitist comment was more in general instead of directed at you. I just get annoyed with the whole thing that vehicles need to all be modified a certain way. As long as you're not making your vehicle unsafe, I don't care what you do it it since it's your car.

Obviously people aren't always going to agree ok what looks good, which is cool, but I don't understand why people get all uppity and think it's some sort of sin to modified a vehicle a certain way. For example I got crap all time because I had lowered my Blazer and I could never really figure out why people were so offended by a lowered truck.

Oh, don't worry about it. I'm not one of those guys. Hell, I have a few friends that like to stance their cars and I have to admit that stance can look good on a car. My friend's stanced G35 looks quite nice. I guess the style is starting to grow on me a bit.

Last edited:
I think it looks weird when either the wheel is tucked or the tire is stupidly thin and streched. If anything, a slammed car might look better with stupidly wide tires.

Now stretching tyres horizontally is another thing. A friend had a blow out at speed because of stretching plus camber. Car was running on a slim bit of tyre so wore to the metal work with the outside showing no wear. Really don't get stretch in either direction.

I always thought every car has stance, just some have a stance I do like and some I don't like. Strange how these days it means a car that is so low you can't drive it and huge camber.
I always set my cars up to look good rather than care too much about how it handles, but I do keep it drivable. If you're a good driver you just deal with it, it's not like you need the ultimate suspension set up to drive to work or go to the shops anyway.

That said, I love stanced cars as you lot call them, I don't care if you can't drive it, it looks amazing if done right. Though I won't argue that it is questionable. Hats off to the guys who do this, as without them we wouldn't know how cool even a mundane car can look when done right. They're harder men than me for putting up with the discomfort and inconvenience of driving a car like that.

Last edited:
Back