R&D helpF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Cipher22
  • 5 comments
Cipher37
So, the R&D objective during practice says to get 1:48.221 in 5 laps. I've done twenty laps so far and I've been getting 1:38-1:42 consistently. Is it supposed to tell me that I've completed the objective? Or am I doing this wrong?

you have to go to the engineer, press the R&D objective and choose it, then they will load the car up and it will start to count.

I was confused about this as well, because it never tells you to specifically click on that option it just says beat that time so naturally you think you can just do it in P1 within your first 6 laps.

I got the R & D objective in the 3rd or 4th GP just now, 5% extra rear downforce. Too bad it started pissing down in the race and I ended up crashing and finishing 24th :D

Next time you try it listen for the engineer to come on the radio and say something like, "We've got great data from this sesson, good job" as you pass the starting line with a lap under the time. I think you will get your upgrade either once the actual race starts, or when the race is over, but the comment lets you know that you've achieved the R&D goal.

Same for me haha I was wondering why it wasnt working and it wasnt until monaco where i was about to retire to paddock and seen the accept challenge ... done it, went to qualifyingand the extra downforce makes a huge difference on the monaco track with my times dropping by 2-3 seconds

Just took a while getting used to the new setup with short gear changes..

Back