"Racer X" is Patrick Crider, SohnVonStig! Going to Silverstone! (pics)

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 336 comments
looks like a lot of competition:nervous: Even tho I only got 33.8 on round 8-5 I'll give it a try since I live here in SD. PS there will be parking lots that'll usually charge $10-15 average but if u wanna make sure to avoid traffic just park at qualcomm stadium or near any trolley stations and take the trolley instead.

I live 12+hrs away from the event. I wonder if there is any place to camp around there. It would be fun driving down to SD and camping around the area. Any suggestions and how much $ should I expect to spend on the cheep?

I found a camping site available for the 11-12/13 for about 24 / day. So now I just have to figure out the transite system

I found a camping site available for the 11-12/13 for about 24 / day. So now I just have to figure out the transite system

On a side note, your avatar/pic cracks me up, it reminds me of me on 8-5 when I was ahead of my goast going into the last 2 corners! LOL

Ok now back on topic-

On a side note, your avatar/pic cracks me up, it reminds me of me on 8-5 when I was ahead of my goast going into the last 2 corners! LOL

It's my sheer terror expression :lol:
Complete w/ white nuckles

---------------------- Update ------------------------------
Put me down for going to the Racer-x Hough Down "Ye Haw" ... "BRAZOS"

Last edited:
Holly snaps, Breaking news!

One of the guys participating on the event called the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego asking directions for the Oasis Bar, and the reseptionist told him that there is no Oasis Bar inside the Hard Rock Hotel. well I juts called too and the girl told me the same thing!!!!

So I'm guessing if we go that day, we wont be able to find the place.... shhhhhhaft!

Hard Rock San Diego Hotel
207 5th Avenue San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 702-3000

If you guys end up getting a hotel a ways away from the Hard Rock, let me know. I live near Old Town San Diego and can fit 7 others in my truck. Don't waste money on a cab if you dont have to right?

The Racer X contest is at Jolt’n Joe’s Gaslamp.

MAP

"Blue" is the Hard Rock Cafe.
"Red" is Jolt'n Joe's.

what!?

where did you get this? was it changed?

the Racer X event description says this:

"Racer X will be determined via a time-trial challenge held at the Oasis Bar inside the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego on Thursday, July 12th from 10:00am to 4:00pm PST."

GT Academy National Finals go here:

"The 32 finalists (pending eligibility confirmation) will take part in a live head-to-head competition at the GT Academy National Finals event on Friday and Saturday, July 13th and 14th, at the Jolt’n Joe’s Gaslamp – a short distance away from the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con."

Registration is on the 12th at the Hard Rock Hotel's, Oasis Bar (which does not exist). Just called and spoke to staff.

From Playstation's Blog:
"Anyone (pending eligibility) can register at the Oasis Bar inside the Hard Rock Hotel in downtown San Diego on Thursday, July 12th from 10am to 4pm PST and compete for top lap time in Gran Turismo 5."

Though I live in San Diego, I am in a place in life where I cannot attend. Just trying to help out those who can attend. I emailed the Media Relations staff and the Executive Office in hopes that they can clarify some of the confusion. I included the blog post from Playstation for verification.

I'll keep you updated when I get word. Good luck to all in the competition. As a note from a local, Dick's Last Resort makes for a raucous night (if you're into that). For a more mellow night, check out The Field on 5th, it's an Irish Bar shipped piece by piece from, you guessed it, Ireland. They've won the Perfect Pint Award many times.

TP3
Though I live in San Diego, I am in a place in life where I cannot attend. Just trying to help out those who can attend. I emailed the Media Relations staff and the Executive Office in hopes that they can clarify some of the confusion. I included the blog post from Playstation for verification.

I'll keep you updated when I get word. Good luck to all in the competition. As a note from a local, Dick's Last Resort makes for a raucous night (if you're into that). For a more mellow night, check out The Field on 5th, it's an Irish Bar shipped piece by piece from, you guessed it, Ireland. They've won the Perfect Pint Award many times.

Thanks brother!

nope, thats not it....

thats like 30 minutes or 16 miles away from the Hard Rock Hotel and the San Diego Convention Center ( where Comic-Con is going to be held)

Please... anyone with GT Acedemy conections, ask them to please clarify this.

I need to book a hotel today!

was worth a shot. Only place that came up in San Diego under the name Oasis.

Why is this dependent on finding the place? I would just book the hotel now. (good luck, btw)

Just trying to set up everything ahead of time... I'm flying from Massachusetts and last minute changes on long trips usually means more $$

Thanks. Just waiting on my electric to come back on so i can practice. Don't know if you got hit in Mass like we did here in Jersey.

Yeah I saw that on the news, lucky here in my town we didn't had that problem.. I don’t know if any other place here in Mass did though.

But yeah, once you get that power restore, get up on that thing and practice hard. I’ve heard that the National Finals is very competitive.

Last edited:
Just trying to set up everything ahead of time... I'm flying from Massachusetts and last minute changes on long trips usually means more $$

Yeah I saw that on the news, lucky here in my town we did had that problem.. I don’t know if any other place here in Mass did though.

But yeah, once you get that power restore, get up on that thing and practice hard. I’ve heard that the National Finals is very competitive.

Competitive is an understatement.

Back