"Racer X" is Patrick Crider, SohnVonStig! Going to Silverstone! (pics)

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 336 comments
As a tip, booking a hotel in the Gaslamp district in San Diego for July 12-14, is near impossible with just over 125,000 tickets sold for Comic-Con. If you don't mind a bit of walking, you could book a hotel near a Coaster (North-South train) station and ride the train to the competition. Round-trip fare is between $8-$11 depending on the distance.

Here is a link for the Coaster station locations and costs:
http://www.gonctd.com/stations
http://www.gonctd.com/coaster_fares_passes

About a mile walk from the Downtown/Santa Fe Depot to Jolt’n Joe’s on 4th. A bit farther for the Hard Rock Hotel on 5th Street & L Street.
http://tinyurl.com/7l3ju77

Last edited:
Anybody see the FB photos of all the rigs they had set up, not sure where but does it say that there will only be one to set a time on? They had a bunch set up and if they had all of them running looks like they could move through a lot of people or have multiple attempts.

TP3
As a tip, booking a hotel in the Gaslamp district in San Diego for July 12-14, is near impossible with just over 125,000 tickets sold for Comic-Con. If you don't mind a bit of walking, you could book a hotel near a Coaster (North-South train) station and ride the train to the competition. Round-trip fare is between $8-$11 depending on the distance.

If you can afford $150+ a night.

Anybody see the FB photos of all the rigs they had set up, not sure where but does it say that there will only be one to set a time on? They had a bunch set up and if they had all of them running looks like they could move through a lot of people or have multiple attempts.

Those are from Gamelab in Spain.

If you can afford $150+ a night.

$150/night is pretty reasonable in my opinion. Also, there are no hotels available in the gaslamp area for that weekend. Yes, technically there are some available about a mile from Jolt'n Joe's (the same distance from the Santa Fe Depot), but there are reasons for the vacancies at the Hep C Inn & Suites... Mainly Hepatitis C based. And even those are going for a lot of money.

http://tinyurl.com/85duh2j

Just trying to give people helpful options. Also, I have not heard anything back from the management of the Hard Rock Hotel.

Awesome to see you back around Shig! I actually thought of you when this thing was announced 'cause I remembered you being in the area. Good luck, and be sure to try and have GTP access (goes for every one) so we an all try and arrange some meets in between people's runs and stuff. I'm coming into SD on the 12th.

I just emailed to find out if they have a rough schedule of events so I know what time I need to leave here for San Diego.

An update of sorts. Just got this from GT Academy

http://tinyurl.com/7z9g9hz

What I don't understand, is that when I called 10 hours ago, no one at the Hard Rock Hotel seemed to know about a bar or or any other aspect of the Hard Rock Hotel called Oasis. I would have imagined that the name "Oasis" would have prompted the staff to say, "Oh, you mean 207 Oasis?" Also, on 207's website, there is no mention of GT Academy (though for your viewing pleasure, enjoy the girl in the black mini skirt).

http://www.207sd.com/#/events/event1412

At this point I have no idea where the Wildcard #33 event is taking place - Earth is my best guess. We will just have to wait for GT Academy/207/Hard Rock Hotel to un**** this situation.

I'll shoot an E-mail to our contact to see if he can't shed any light. This is strange though.

thanks for the push guys... this afternoon I thought I was the only one going crazy about this matter. Now at least we've got something and I'm pretty sure that by tomorrow this will be cleared up.

ViVa La GTPlanet :cheers:and the community teamwork :gtpflag:

As long as it is somewhere around the Hard Rock Hotel, maybe they will have signs posted to let people know where the RacerX comp. is. :D

Awesome to see you back around Shig! I actually thought of you when this thing was announced 'cause I remembered you being in the area. Good luck, and be sure to try and have GTP access (goes for every one) so we an all try and arrange some meets in between people's runs and stuff. I'm coming into SD on the 12th.

Haha really? Let me know if you guys decide to meet because I am signed up to run SCCA practice autox on Saturday with my new Miata.

FYI 207 is pretty damn small for a nightclub. Good luck to all the GTPers going after the 33rd slot, hopefully one of us will make it.

Last edited:
Haha really? Let me know if you guys decide to meet because I am signed up to run SCCA practice autox on Saturday with my new Miata.

FYI 207 is pretty damn small for a nightclub. Good luck to all the GTPers going after the 33rd slot, hopefully one of us will make it.

Miatas are fun

Miatas are fun

I have a 350Z which I used to track, but I couldn't stay very competitive with all the Miata's and S2000's running around. So I picked up a 1st Gen Miata, and it's pretty fast considering it's still stock. I beat a few Vette's, and BMW's during this past weekends event. :dopey:

oh gosh.. hopefully they have several racing stations so that the waitting line moves on quickly

I have a 350Z which I used to track, but I couldn't stay very competitive with all the Miata's and S2000's running around. So I picked up a 1st Gen Miata, and it's pretty fast considering it's still stock. I beat a few Vette's, and BMW's during this past weekends event. :dopey:

yeah, Miatas have a largely weight advantage and also have a decent engine.
I was going to get a 350Z last year but they are too small for me, so I went for the G35s... same engine, more room inside and a sunroof :P

Once you get them up to speed, it's all about momentum.

The 350Z is one of the main reasons I wish I made more money than I do. I really want to get into the new NASA Spec Z racing with one.

I will keep you in mind R once a new version of the FRS comes out, I will be selling mine :)

I will keep you in mind R once a new version of the FRS comes out, I will be selling mine :)

Depending on my schedule in the future I may be interested. But will only be looking at cheaper cars since it'll be stripped, caged and raced. May not happen for a year or so though. :indiff:

TP3
As a note from a local, Dick's Last Resort makes for a raucous night (if you're into that). For a more mellow night, check out The Field on 5th, it's an Irish Bar shipped piece by piece from, you guessed it, Ireland. They've won the Perfect Pint Award many times.
Since this'll be in conjuction with ComicCon, there should be industry folks hanging out at The Field, too.

(ACTUAL comics industry folks; not the wankers down from Hollywood, shilling for their new film.)

I'm honestly hoping to score a pliney the elder, so hopefully there's some where with good craft beers close by ;).

Still on the edge about going or not. Ran a decent time in 8-5, but I'd have to fly in from Bama.

If you can fit in luggage you can come with me from Mobile lol.

Last edited:
I'm honestly hoping to score a pliney the elder, so hopefully there's some where with good craft beers close by ;).

If you can fit in luggage you can come with me from Mobile lol.

lol you ___hole! When I first read it I thought you were making a road trip for the wildcard...then I realized you were top 32. If I go I'll holler at you when we get over there.

Back