• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 107 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Thousand Oaks
GTP_Masicampo
Do you have passion for Rallying? Share your photos,
videos, and experience! Ramble about anything Rally!

GTRA Presents
World Rally Championship

WRC, an Online Time-Trial Series! Sick of not finding the right series because of your timezone?
Look no further! There are no time zones in WRC! Single driver time-trial runs! Read Post 2 for R&R.
Main Thread Click Here!

WRCLogoBanner.png

WRCResults.png
WRCStatistics.png

WRCBlackBorder.png

SideFillerOP2.png
GTP_Masicampo-WRC-Masi_23-GIF.gif
TemporarySideNavBar9.png

WRCR1RallySweden.png

WRCVideoAndPower.png

VideoHighlightSideFiller.png
PowerRankings.png

WRCCaption.png

WRCFlagBanner2.png

WRCFiller.png

WRCFiller.png

RallyPortugal2.png

WRCFiller.png

3RallyGermany2.png

WRCFiller.png

4RallyFinland2.png

WRCFiller.png

5RallyFrance2.png

WRCFiller.png

6RallyUK2.png

WRCFiller.png

WRCFlagBanner2.png

WRCFiller.png

photo credits
Flickr Users

Spark_GTP, TheEpicSponge, yachNonch, Michal Reichl, plovell1978, Earl-Wilkerson, Juan Manuel B,
Ben Gilbert, DanMan, Kyn Chung, GTP_slayclops, PlayStation.Blog, Bruno Massao, drs1ump, C5-R,
Adam Little Photography, Schwadegan, Adriano Branco Neves, Patrick Karlsson

:cheers:

All Rights Reserved - GTRA 2011

Last edited:
I love the real WRC but there isn't much to appreciate on GT5 is there? Half-baked doesn't really cover their usage of the WRC license.

I agree, unfortunately, but theres a lot of Rally cars to appreciate in the game and they are loads of fun. I make due :sly: I hope PD comes through soon and add a point to point feautre in course creator.

Epic first post 👍

I wish there was more career-based rallying.

Sam here... the special events are a joke... same with the premade tracks (other than that one long eiger variation). I wonder what's keeping PD from having the point to point feature... we've seen screenshots in the past, haven't we? :/

+1. I wish the rally stages were better like Dirt 1/2. I'd like to have better reasons to use the rally cars.

+278

The tracks are just too wide in general. I guess Kaz is not much of a Rally fan - although he is good friends with Loeb - oh, and with Red Bull. Loeb should get more involved and add some input to Kaz' brain :D

"Sebastian Loeb Presents, Gran Turismo 5: The Real Driving (and Racing) Simulator :D

Check out the second video on the first post - I'll be creating those types of tracks for the series. Tight and very complex.

LOL... I even tried to click on some of the icons of the 1st image... amazing job on the photo-edit!!! :dopey:

I agree with you guys... there isn't a lot of Rally to appreciate in GT5... 👎

...Most of my rally cars are dust collectors in my garage :guilty:

LOL... I even tried to click on some of the icons of the 1st image... amazing job on the photo-edit!!! :dopey:

I agree with you guys... there isn't a lot of Rally to appreciate in GT5... 👎

Haha thanks :)

I'll have links put up once the series starts :D

Well, i think the lack of Tracks and flexibility in the course creator is to blame... :/

...Most of my rally cars are dust collectors in my garage :guilty:

Come on and join then! :sly:

It's pretty much like WRS, except its live and its strictly Rallying :D

So wait is this like a onlin competition because if it is im in when everf I can

I've got this going on right now. Replicating real world rally cars from road cars. I love doing that - got a C4 and Alpine A310 replica.

As for my actual opinion on rally...it's way under represented in this game. To be honest, on gravel I actually find the AI a bit of a challenge sometimes, but on snow they are actually completely useless. Small wonder that in the Snow Master race on GT Rally Advanced I was overtaking at least the first 2 cars ahead of me before I'd even reached the finish...yet I only finished 3rd on the gravel one. Did both in a stock Celica ST205 Rally, FYI.

Also, I haven't beaten the Loeb Challenge yet. It's the one special event I haven't finished yet :lol:

I haven't beaten the Loeb Challenge yet. It's the one special event I haven't finished yet :lol:

This.

I think i always come up a second or two short. :scared: I wonder if Loeb himself ran that lap lol.

By the way, i need some help homologating cars, would you be interested?

Last edited:
Thanks!

I seem to remember in GTHD where the Subie prototype had modeled interiors... wonder why it was taken out.

Thanks!

I seem to remember in GTHD where the Subie prototype had modeled interiors... wonder why it was taken out.

Yea the subaru prototype's interior didn't have the quality that we see in GT5 though. It's a big mystery about so many features didn't make the cut.

I think the Rally mode was one of the best features I've seen in GT5 which was very creative because the tracks auto generate. Also, Rally mode should have been longer from day/night just in one selection which would be breathtaking.

Polyphony Digital imo have the best concepts out there but the problem is instead of getting the full cake we're only getting a slice of it.

Shame, really. I hope point-to-point comes our way in a future update. A navigator would be awesome too, btw.. also, i can't seem to make a track with jumps/crests however complex it is.

I'm sure PD will come through, its just gonna take some time.

That be sweet.

The gravel track just has no soul with the flat landscape. We need trees! :D

Two awesome Rally Photos

5690132105_c67c27f96f_b.jpg

by Earl-Wilkerson from Flickr

5471732211_96c824762a_b.jpg

by YachNoch from Flickr

Is it just me or is there less grip on Toscana and Eiger gravel compared to Course Creator's Liege?

Amazing work mate :eek: :bowdown:
Which we could to point to point stages on course creator, and more events lke the ones is GT4 would hurt :)

Subscribed!
I love WRC with a passion. Point to point would be an awesome addition to GT5. I'd settle for Pike's Peak or Tahiti Maze.

Check out the link and drop a line 👍

(Dreaming) Point to Point plus a navigator in the course creator would be awesome :bowdown: ...more features and add-ons like trees, movable obstacles, and a blank space of tarmac - so i can create a track similar to what the Race of Champions uses :D (figure of 8 track).

Adding a mix of tarmac, and dirt, jumps, and point to point to the course maker would make rallying worth while, as of now, no matter what I tried, I could not get a jump of Liege, rally just isn't the same without getting airborne.

Was messing with course maker yesterday and managed to make a really long straight with a few bumps. Was reaching 140 mph but the car just would not lift lol.

wow nice video and pics

but why these stupid people in the video stand most time too near at the track?
and if someone dies all cry about this... but there is nothing to cry, own fault i hate these ****ers...

drivers cant see the lines etc.

can someone explain me the logic of these peoples?

my best rally pic... so far... I do love a good spin. I've created a snow track last week called the Alaskan Hell. 5.91 Miles (I think), 91 Turns, one proper straight....

Toscana_16_edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back