.: RALLY and WRC Appreciation Thread :.

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 107 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I still play RBR very frequently because I just can't rally like that in GT5. Though it doesn't seem like any game can compare to RBR, everything else feels too "dumbed down"... Every game seems to make the stages way too wide, it doesn't make any sense!
I'm so glad that there's a very strong modding community for RBR (RSRBR) or else I don't know what I'd be doing heh

PD should really work on a new tire model. GT4 dirt tires felt like slicks - no grip at all!

The Liege (custom track) theme in GT5 feels a bit better compared to the pre-made tracks already in the game. Just compare the Eiger trails to it. Liege has more grip.

WRCAcademyLogo-1.png

Rally fans, I know Masi's WRC championship was packed in a while ago but I'm starting a new WRC Academy competition. Check it out in the race series forum!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=249235

ford_fiesta_rally_car_2011_2.jpg

As the latest Chamonix seasonal reminded us that the rally part of GT5 is actually tolerable after spec 2.0 - I was wonderind that maybe theres others wishing to improve / raise the awareness of GT5 rallying.

This could be THE thread to change opinions and share knowlege surrounding this special section of a Real Racing Simulator. Why not also to throw in some wishes and hope that maybe "KAZ" will be mezmerized by this motorsport of unequalled combination of adrenaline and concentration.

Also I would be willing to keep a list of players interested in online rallying so this minority may find company through friend requests. One could even throw a room number here.

Lets start with the obvious - general setups for gravel/snow as starting points for everyone to tune cars as close as possiple to simulation. Anyone?

SPAM :rolleyes:

I think this wish will never materialize - BUT FOR ALL YOU RALLY FANS OUT THERE... behold - Neste Rally Finland ; legendary stage "ouninpohja". The fastest IN THE WOLD (insert Jeremy Clarksons voice here). :scared:

I have also noted my wish earlier regarding a rallycar and a true motorsports legend and a machine that changed the history - Audi quattro

Id prefere the Audi Sport quattro S1 Evo 2

Audi_sport_quattro_evo_2.jpg

SPAM :rolleyes:

I have also noted my wish earlier regarding a rallycar and a true motorsports legend and a machine that changed the history - Audi quattro

Audi_sport_quattro_evo_2.jpg

What a machine!!! I enjoy the rally aspect to GT5 to some degree, I think a point to point online challenge (staged timing) would be an idea.

I love the rally in GT5! GT5 has gotten me into so many different motor sports.

The simulation talking about Rally in GT5 is just amazing. But we need more point to point races, roads, hillclimbs as much as PD can add. Rally Dakar could be a great addition too with long stages full of dirt/gravel surfaces.

Hope that they add this into GT6 because i started to love Rally in GT5 but the only fun that i have is in Toscana at 21:00h going like crazy with some legend cars that we have in the game. Group B rally cars are needed.

There should be a few real rally stages in GT5... You can't get the actual feel of rallying in those rally circuits. Maybe a stage in Germany, Finland and Sweden. Then we could get tarmac, snow and gravel rallies.

I just keep doing the rally stages in the special events those are good fun!

The simulation talking about Rally in GT5 is just amazing. But we need more point to point races, roads, hillclimbs as much as PD can add. Rally Dakar could be a great addition too with long stages full of dirt/gravel surfaces.

Dakar mode would be absolutely brilliant. Maybe a bit much to ask but I'm for point to points and everything we could get.

Online rally mode aswell! Cars start 30 seconds from each other on a point to point course, can't be that hard to implement.

I love this idea, i recently threw the idea of having PD set up online TT with their PTP stages.

But this is the closest well get to that.

So i submitted my application , because im a huge rally fan of every era, some of my fav drivers : Sainz, Latvala, Salonen, Ostberg & Tommi. My fav rallies are : 80s Corsica, Australia, The Monte, Finland & Safari.

Fav cars : Too many to name.

I look forward to participating in GTRA.

PSN: thegustradamus .

Suggestion : KART SPACE 1 makes a great tarmac Power Stage.

OK8
Dakar mode would be absolutely brilliant. Maybe a bit much to ask but I'm for point to points and everything we could get.

Online rally mode aswell! Cars start 30 seconds from each other on a point to point course, can't be that hard to implement.

That would be kick as*!!! I remember to play the first Colin McRae game on the first PS and always against my friends at my home...of course i always waited for them to race just to see the track before them and win! lol I remember to race with the Peugeot 206 WRC and the Subaru Impreza WRC (for snow we setted up a higher suspension and for gravel mid and then lowered it for tarmac, i still remember that)

PD listen to us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back