.: RALLY and WRC Appreciation Thread :.

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 107 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome pic Buzz Lightyear! :dopey:

wow nice video and pics

but why these stupid people in the video stand most time too near at the track?
and if someone dies all cry about this... but there is nothing to cry, own fault i hate these 🤬...

drivers cant see the lines etc.

can someone explain me the logic of these peoples?

That was just the way it was really, i guess they liked the thrill of it? Awesome sight though :D

For people wondering what he's talking about, check the vid and skip to 0:50 seconds (i believe it was the audi quattro?):

It's just pure madness driving a Porsche on gravel! Sounds sweet!

Quickie: An image i've done for the series - still a work in progress. Will have links once i've created all the stages. :cheers:

RALLIESTEMPORARY4.png

Lookin great đź‘Ť

So much to wish for in GT! Can't wait for updates... heck, can't wait for GT6!

GT3 = GT5
GT4 = GT6

Base on this, GT6 will be Epic.

Lookin great đź‘Ť

So much to wish for in GT! Can't wait for updates... heck, can't wait for GT6!

GT3 = GT5
GT4 = GT6

Base on this, GT6 will be Epic.

I thought the same thing. With GT3 being a very slim version of GT4 (so to say), I hope GT6 will be mindblowing.

Fantastc video, MemorableC! Love the scene with the navigator sitting out of the car lol

Hmmmm, question gentlemen. What's your driving style, calculated and precise like Richard Burns? Or "Flat out" balls to the wall, trees, runoffs or what ever else McRae could crash into? My god he was a true spectacle to watch. :dopey: or just batsht crazy like Gigi Gali?

i think i'm a lot like Jari-Matti Latvala, i like to be flamboyant and slide all the time but i'm starting to drive cleaner because its faster

Petter Solberg I think. Or Markko Martin. Max attack.

I love Solberg. He knows the limitations of his cars handling, and keeps it near that. Sometimes it bites his butt, but more often than not it gets the job done. Can't forget Marcus Grönholm, he'd drive it until the wheels literally came off, or if Timo ended up with a broken back :)

I'd love to see, since PD put 2 24 hour endurance races. A rally mode or series featuring 10 to 15km super stages. Complete with "moving trees" that get out of the way when they see you coming.

No word about point to point feature (Spec 2.0) :(

Atleast we get cockpit views for all those Group B Cars :cheers:

GT5 SPEC 2.0 UPDATE!

Kazunori Yamauchi has been sharing a boatload of new details via Twitter this morning on the previously announced Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Update coming later this month. Here’s an overview of what we can expect from 2.0, which will be made available to everyone for free:

Simplified interior views added to all standard cars. :cheers:
User control of the weather change feature.
Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
Improved UI response and usability.
Replay forward/rewind. :cheers:
Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.​

Commenting about the update, Kazunori had this to say about the company’s inspiration and motivation for the new features:

The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans.

Kazunori has also provided some information about DLC, which will become available sometime after Spec 2.0 is released and will include a “racing car pack”, a “course pack”, and a “racing gear pack”. Stay tuned for more details on those soon, and thanks to all of you who sent this in!

:cheers:

Last edited:
I hope we see atleast one WRC car! I would love the MINI! :drool:

....or make the Group B cars premium :cheers:

My pants around crotchial (is there such a term?) region just turned to a beautiful shade of yellow... :drool:

If done correctly there's great potential for a GT5 WRC league, with the track creator the possibility for multi stage rallies is there!

Jav
If done correctly there's great potential for a GT5 WRC league, with the track creator the possibility for multi stage rallies is there!

That would complete my day. And the next one. The point to point course creator thing was one of the top 10 reasons I bought GT5. Yet, there isn't any of course. Hopefully we'll see it, then GT5's WRC will surely flourish.

groupB12.jpg

I would LOVE to see any of the 3 Group B/S MKI MR2s as part of a DLC rally pack!

Some day, I will build my own road going replica of the beast. :D

I just need a Mk1 and I'm ready to go, and probably an entire new body to fit the V6 in...

They'd need the license to hold the Countrymen (man?) correct? Or is it, if you have the company, you have the cars? :P

I'd much prefer the Monte Carlo winning Cooper back in the 60s.

I've been sticking to road course racing and my Rally cars have been gathering dust too, which is a shame. I really need to buy some offroad and snow tires, build up some of my sports cars, and hit those rally tracks again.

Here's hoping that Spec II gives us dream Rally physics, at least as good as Dirt 3's, or even GT4's.

Some day, I will build my own road going replica of the beast. :D

I just need a Mk1 and I'm ready to go, and probably an entire new body to fit the V6 in...

I've already got a MKI, but I do not foresee getting a hold of any of the 503E powerplants in any of those cars....

Now, a built MK1.5 (MKI chassis with MKIIT engine/trans) that is capable of over 500hp (read: there are quite a few out there!!) would be a worthy substitute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back