Nissan_Primera_BTCC_1999.jpg

Racing Class: British Touring Car Championship
Engine: SR20DE 2.0 Straight 4
Power Output: 320HP @ 8,300rpm
Torque: 195 ft-lbs @ 8,000rpm
Weight: 975 kg
Drivetrain: Front Engine Front Wheel Drive
Transmission: Xtrac 6 speed manual sequential
Additional Information: Nissan first entered the original Primera in the BTCC in 1991 but withdrew in 1994. In 1996 Nissan backed Andy Rouse Engineering with no success. In order to have any chance of beating the dominating Renault Laguna, Nissan contracted Ray Mallock Limited to build new Primera touring cars from the ground up. After building the Primera GT for the 1997 season, Nissan supplied the SR20DE Straight 4 engine, now producing 320HP, and hired David Leslie and Anthony Reid as the drivers. The Primera finishied 5th on the Manufacturer and Team championships in 1997. In 1998 an improved Primera won 9 out of 26 races and won the Manufacturer's title. Anthony Reid fell short of the Driver's title, despite winning 7 races, losing to the more consistent Rickard Rydell in the Volvo S40. In 1999 Reid left Nissan to drive for Ford so Nissan hired Laurent Aiello, who had just won the 24 Hours of LeMans in 1998 for Porsche. In 1999 Nissan won 13 out of 26 races and Aiello took the Driver's championship with 10 victories and Nissan again got the manufacturers title. Nissan also provided equipment and support to Team Dynamics and Matt Neal, who won the independent cup and was the first to win a BTCC outright, earning him a £250,000 bonus.
vendo-o-cambio-superturismo-nissan-primera-ex-btcc-1999.jpg

Nissan-Primera-GT-BTCC.jpg

1999-Nissan-Primera-BTCC.jpg

btcc1.jpg

btcc2.jpg

vintage-hscc-super-touring-trophy-2013-ex-laurent-aiello-btcc-championship-winning-1999-su.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-cool-wall-1997-1999-nissan-primera-gt-btcc.336303/

2014+ BMW M3 (F80)
2015-BMW-M3-sedan-301-876x535.jpg

Engines:
3.0 L S55 I6 Twin Turbo
Power: 425 bhp
Torque: 406 lb-ft
Weight: 1595 kg
Transmission: 7 Speed M Double Clutch (M-DCT), 6 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Body Styles: 4 door saloon
Additional Info: The performance of the car has improved from the previous generation. BMW claims that the car can do 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds with the 6-speed manual gearbox and 3.9 seconds with the optional DCT gearbox. The M3 and M4 will run the standing kilometer in 22.20 seconds. Top speed will be limited to 155 mph (249 km/h) but an optional M Driver's package will raise this to 174 mph (280 km/h). The new engine will generate up to 425 hp between 5,500 and 7,300 rpm and up to 406 lb-ft of torque between 1,850 and 5,500 rpm.

1998-2000 Honda Civic Si
Honda_Civic_Si.jpg

Body Style: 2 Door Coupe
Engine: 1.6 I4 (B16A4)
Power Output: 160HP @ 8,000RPM
Torque: 111 FT-LBS @ 7,000RPM
Weight: 1100KG
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine Front Wheel Drive
Additional Information: In 1998, Honda reintroduced the Civic Si, this time as a coupe only. It featured a powerful 1.6 litre Inline 4 engine producing 160HP and 111 FT-LBS of torque and Si became the main sports brand for Civic's in the United States. It did 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and averaging 30 MPG. Changes from the standard Civic included stiffer, progressive-rate springs, stiffer front and rear anti-roll bars, and a tower brace, which contributed to a flatter-cornering ride. It was available with a five-speed manual transmission only, standard equipment also including disc brakes all around. Aesthetic exterior changes from the LX/EX trims were minimal, with the Si trim package featuring a lower-profile and wider 15-inch wheel/tire package, a subtle chin-spoiler, painted side sills, and Si badging. There are power locks, power windows, a cd-player, cruise control, air conditioning, power sunroof, and tilt steering. For the interior, the sixth generation Si also had tilt adjustment for the bottom cushion, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, remote keyless entry, and red-faced instrumentation with Si branding.
30833d1093759024-fs-1999-mr-civic-si-in-nj-dscf0016.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

268b518599e29e4e990047a98594f595.jpg

Last edited:
1998-2000 Honda Civic Si
Honda_Civic_Si.jpg

Body Style: 2 Door Coupe
Engine: 1.6 I4 (B16A4)
Power Output: 160HP @ 8,000RPM
Torque: 111 FT-LBS @ 7,000RPM
Weight: 1100KG
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine Rear Drive
Additional Information: In 1998, Honda reintroduced the Civic Si, this time as a coupe only. It featured a powerful 1.6 litre Inline 4 engine producing 160HP and 111 FT-LBS of torque and Si became the main sports brand for Civic's in the United States. It did 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and averaging 30 MPG. Changes from the standard Civic included stiffer, progressive-rate springs, stiffer front and rear anti-roll bars, and a tower brace, which contributed to a flatter-cornering ride. It was available with a five-speed manual transmission only, standard equipment also including disc brakes all around. Aesthetic exterior changes from the LX/EX trims were minimal, with the Si trim package featuring a lower-profile and wider 15-inch wheel/tire package, a subtle chin-spoiler, painted side sills, and Si badging. There are power locks, power windows, a cd-player, cruise control, air conditioning, power sunroof, and tilt steering. For the interior, the sixth generation Si also had tilt adjustment for the bottom cushion, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, remote keyless entry, and red-faced instrumentation with Si branding.
30833d1093759024-fs-1999-mr-civic-si-in-nj-dscf0016.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

268b518599e29e4e990047a98594f595.jpg
Brings back memories from NFSU.

1991-1997 Suzuki Cappuccino

49.jpg

Body Style:
2-door convertible (T-top, targa, coupe capabilities)
Engine: 0.7L Turbo I3 (Suzuki F6A/K6A)
Power Output: 63 hp
Torque: 63 lb-ft.
Weight: 725 kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive​
history-of-the-japanese-kei-car-49720_6.jpg

1992-1997_Suzuki_Cappuccino_convertible_(2011-04-28)_02.jpg

Suzuki_Cappuccino_001.jpg

suzuki-cappuccino-on-rocks.jpg
tumblr_m55w0rbNNX1qk65n6o1_1280.jpg
L-Suzuki-Cappuccino-Interior.jpg

I'd rather not, as this is just the same viewpoint that Tyger had in mind in the Zonda Cinque thread. It's just plain dumb to try to restrict peoples votes because they don't like a certain car.

Just saw this as I don't typically read the nom thread. Thanks for the "plain dumb" part. Perhaps you need to go back to those threads I was involved in and re-read them as at no point did I suggest anyone should "restrict peoples votes", I actually suggested (key word that, I was proposing an idea) that those who think certain cars don't meet the criteria just not vote, and let everyone else get on with it, instead of knee-jerk voting SU and dragging the overall score down, effectively killing it for the people who don't have the same issue with racecars. But still people continue to twist and flip this around, when all it was a suggestion, and what seemed a pretty clear one that would work for everyone.

Granted some people genuinely just dislike all racing cars, which one user went to great lengths to explain, and I totally get that, vote SU then, but it's those who blanket vote SUBRC who were throwing their toys out of the pram, not me. Those people still frequently explain this as being due to them not fitting what they believe to be the criteria of the polls, which surely warrants just not voting, as any vote would then be as null and void as the poll itself. And cue a number of posts by the same few people again, totally picking this apart point by point. Yawn. Anyway no more racecars it seems. I'm sure people will have at something else in their place.

Here's hoping if there is a new Racecar Cool Wall people don't go there too just to vote SUBRC every time, and just abstain from voting. Which is exactly what I suggested in the first place.

Just saw this as I don't typically read the nom thread. Thanks for the "plain dumb" part. Perhaps you need to go back to those threads I was involved in and re-read them as at no point did I suggest anyone should "restrict peoples votes", I actually suggested (key word that, I was proposing an idea) that those who think certain cars don't meet the criteria just not vote, and let everyone else get on with it, instead of knee-jerk voting SU and dragging the overall score down, effectively killing it for the people who don't have the same issue with racecars. But still people continue to twist and flip this around, when all it was a suggestion, and what seemed a pretty clear one that would work for everyone.

Granted some people genuinely just dislike all racing cars, which one user went to great lengths to explain, and I totally get that, vote SU then, but it's those who blanket vote SUBRC who were throwing their toys out of the pram, not me. Those people still frequently explain this as being due to them not fitting what they believe to be the criteria of the polls, which surely warrants just not voting, as any vote would then be as null and void as the poll itself. And cue a number of posts by the same few people again, totally picking this apart point by point. Yawn. Anyway no more racecars it seems. I'm sure people will have at something else in their place.

Here's hoping if there is a new Racecar Cool Wall people don't go there too just to vote SUBRC every time, and just abstain from voting. Which is exactly what I suggested in the first place.
Really? It's been two months, get over it. It's funny that you talk about throwing toys out of the pram, a bit ironic really

Really? It's been two months, get over it. It's funny that you talk about throwing toys out of the pram, a bit ironic really

Makes no difference, perhaps I wasn't clear enough but I didn't read your innaccurate and borderline offensive post 2 months ago, I read it shortly before I replied. Again, read things a little more carefully before making kneejerk reactions. That's a suggestion, by the way, I can't force you to.

Please don't engage in slowchat in the nomination threads. If you wish to discuss the vehicles nominated threads will be created you can do that in when the vehicles come up for polling. Doing otherwise clogs up the thread and makes the job of the cool wall curator more difficult.

1999 - 2006 TVR Tuscan Speed Six

2000_TVR_TuscanSpeedSix1.jpg

Body Style: 2 door Targa Top/Convertible
Engine/Power/Torque:

• 3.6L Mk1: 350 bhp (261 kW; 355 PS), 290 lb·ft (390 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk1: 360 bhp (268 kW), 310 lb·ft (420 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk1 Red Rose: 380 bhp (283 kW; 385 PS), 310 lb·ft (420 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk1 S (pre-2003): 390 bhp (291 kW; 395 PS), 310 lb·ft (420 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk1 S (post-2003): 400 bhp (298 kW; 406 PS), 315 lb·ft (427 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk2 (post-2005): 380 bhp (283 kW), 310 lb·ft (420 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk2 S (post-2005): 400 bhp (298 kW; 406 PS), 315 lb·ft (427 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk2 Convertible (post-2005): 360 bhp (268 kW), 310 lb·ft (420 N·m)
  • 4.0L Mk2 Convertible Red Rose (post-2005): 380 bhp (283 kW), 310 lb·ft (420 N·m)
  • 4.2L Mk2 T440R (2003): 440 bhp (328 kW) @7600 rpm, 475 N·m (350 lb·ft) @/6000 rpm
Weight: 1,100kg
Transmission: Borg Warner T5 5-speed manual

The TVR Tuscan Speed Six is in essence a convertible in which two people and their luggage could go on holiday for a month with creature comforts like air conditioning and power steering but without the car weighing much more than 1000kg. It has TVR's own straight six engine and has a novel roof design whereby, despite looking like a fixed head coupe, it is able to stow its roof and rear window in the boot, while still leaving room for luggage. No computers have been used in the styling of the car and TVR's team of stylists, led by Damien McTaggert but with the close involvement of Chairman Peter Wheeler, took two years sculpting the shape of this future classic.

There are a number of advantages in designing a car in the manner that TVR does. Sculpting and developing the shape solely by hand is an inordinately time-consuming business. Just as one only truly appreciates the lines of a car when one washes it, so it is TVR's belief that one can only really get to grips with the design of a car over a long period of time. Furthermore, it is impossible to control a surface as subtly on a computer screen as when sculpting the car by hand. It is with this in mind that one should view the new Tuscan. When a vehicle is mass-produced the tooling takes longer to develop than the styling but that is categorically not the case here. The whole philosophy at TVR is that the shape of the car comes first so the constraints of conventional industry thinking have not been an issue.

While it might be possible to say that the exterior design of the car is relatively extravagant in concept, TVR has taken a minimalist approach to the interior. The very highest quality components have been used and once again, function has determined form. The curved aluminium top to the dash, for example, actually acts as one of the transverse strengthening beams for the car. The pedal box, again hand made from extremely high quality components, is left on show as it would be a shame to hide craftsmanship like it and it also serves to make individual fittings for customers that much easier.

The styling of the car has been very much influenced by the fact that it has a straight six mounted between the front wheels and it is this engine which is the heart of the car. Straight sixes have somewhat gone out of fashion because they cannot be mounted transversely, be it in the front, middle or back of the car. However, TVR's adherence to the true course of sportscar manufacture, i.e. mounting the engines in the front to drive the rear wheels, makes it possible to use this most classic of sportscar engines. However, while one eye has been on the past in terms of the tradition of the layout, the other has been resolutely forward as the engine is very much up to date. Gruelling tests over the last three and a half years have shown its performance and reliability in Tuscan prototypes as well as the Cerbera Speed Six. Furthermore, in its doubled up, twelve cylinder form, the engine has seen competition in the mighty Speed Twelve.

One of the inherent characteristics of a straight six is that it can be perfectly balanced. The all aluminium engine breaks away from the TVR mould in that it has a number of new features. It is the first of TVR's own engines to feature a four valves per cylinder head which gives higher volumetric efficiency at high rpm which helps to give it its sporty nature. Furthermore it has finger followers which allow higher valve accelerations which improve the engine's torque. It also has chain driven twin overhead camshafts for a quiet reliable drive. However, it also features a grade of high quality components and a level of high technology design on a parallel with its eight and twelve cylinder sisters.

2000_TVR_TuscanSpeedSix3.jpg

2000_TVR_TuscanSpeedSix5.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Makes no difference, perhaps I wasn't clear enough but I didn't read your innaccurate and borderline offensive post 2 months ago, I read it shortly before I replied. Again, read things a little more carefully before making kneejerk reactions. That's a suggestion, by the way, I can't force you to.
Who cares when you read it. it's been a subject that has long been over. Stop crying a river and get over it.

Last edited:
Who cares when you read it. it's been a subject that has long been over. Stop crying a river and get over it.

OK Boss. Yeah was wrong of me to correct your woefully inaccurate, thoughtless little post. Nothing to do with the original discussion. And still the flippant, personal comments continue. Please try to think a bit more before you start typing, and be a bit more adult about things, instead of misquoting and insulting people, then bleating "no-one cares", throwing more little insults and doubtless continuing to not read posts properly and misrepresent people. Happy to continue this discussion via PM if you wish.

Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta

tumblr_m17cc2VBB51qbcma7o1_1280.jpg

Production: 1959-1961 (176 built)
Body Style: Two-door coupe
Engine: 2.9L SOHC V12
Power: 237-276hp, depending on model and in some cases regulations for race series
Torque: 203lb-ft
Weight: 1100kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: FR
Additional Info: Many call this the predecessor to the legendary 250 GTO, but this model enjoyed great success on and off the track. This is similar to the one that is in Gran Turismo 6. Also of note, the famous 250 GT "Breadvan" was built from one of these, chassis number 2819GT.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-cool-wall-1959-1961-ferrari-250-gt-swb-berlinetta.336571/

2014+ Toyota Aygo

hdr_3_by_unitoone-d8zzyh4.jpg

Body Style: 3-5 door hatchback.
Engine: 998cc inline 3 cylinder (1KR-FE)
Power Output: 69 hp
Torque: 70 lbs-ft
Weight: 860-910 kg
Transmission: 5 speed manual, 5 speed x-shift (automatic)
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive.

Additional Information:

Inspired by Japanese style and Anime. Car comes in different trim levels and special editions. Some versions are exclusive for different countries. ( X, X-Play, X-Clusive, X-Cite, X-Pression, X-Wave...) You can also change the colors of the panels on the body and on the dashboard, wheel rims, and decals.
While the car is low priced, it feels well built and has a lot of stuff ranging from LED day lights, leather seats to flappy-paddle gearbox and reversing camera with a touch screen and Toyota Safety Sense system.
Has plenty of room in the front row and the boot is big enough to fit a human.

Additional pics:
toyota_aygo_x_cite_cyan_blue_header_by_gt6_garage-d9cyza1.jpg
maxresdefault_by_gt6_garage-d9cyzay.jpg
carpixel_net_2014_toyota_aygo_x_clusiv_5_door_1122_by_gt6_garage-d9cyzai.jpg
dashboard_by_unitoone-d8u3orq.jpg
from_the_darkness_by_unitoone-d8u3noo.jpg

Last edited:
1962-1963 Studebaker Avanti
1024px-1963_Studebaker_Avanti_Coupe_-_fvr_%2812913529854%29.jpg

Body Style: 2 door coupé
Engine: 4.7 litre R1 V8, Supercharged 4.7 litre R2 V8, Supercharged 5.0 litre R3 V8
Power Output: 240 hp (R1), 290 hp (R2), 335 hp (R3)
Torque: N/A
Weight: 1,404 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front Engined, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: Apparently the professor from the Powerpuff Girls drove one of these or something. A supercharged model hit 190 mph at Bonneville.

1024px-1963_Studebaker_Avanti_gold_at_Concord_University.JPG

1024px-Flickr_-_DVS1mn_-_63_Studebaker_Avanti_%281%29.jpg

1024px-Studebaker_Avanti_%283579112546%29.jpg

1024px-Flickr_-_DVS1mn_-_63_Studebaker_Avanti_R3_%281%29.jpg

1024px-1964_Studebaker_Avanti.jpg

Last edited:
2012-Present
Hyundai Veloster Turbo

2016-Hyundai-Veloster-concept.jpg

Engine:
1.6L I4 Turbocharged GDi
Power: 201hp @ 6000rpm
183hp @5500rpm (Europe)
Torque: 195 lb-ft @ 1500-4500rpm
Weight: 1270kg/2800lb (Manual)
1310kg/2888lb (DCT)
Transmission: 6-speed Dual-Clutch (DCT), 6-speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Front Wheel Drive
Body Style: 2+1-door kammback coupe
2016-hyundai-veloster-turbo-rear-three-quarter.jpg

2016-hyundai-veloster-tur-15_1600x0w.jpg

2013_Hyundai_Veloster_Turbo_--_2012_DC.JPG

2005-2011 Ssangyong Actyon
Ssangyong-Actyon-original.jpg

Body Style: 5-door liftback
Engines: 2.3l petrol, 2.0 diesel
Power: 150 BHP and 141 BHP respectively
Torque: 158 lb-ft @ 3500 RPM and 228.8 lb-ft @ 2700 RPM respectively
Weight: 1748 and 1971 kilograms respectively
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4 speed automatic, 6 speed automatic
Drivetrain: RWD and 4WD, engine at front
More info: I'm only suggesting pre facelift version.

SSANGYONGActyon-1179_7.jpg
SSANGYONGActyon-1179_2.jpg

SsangYong_Actyon_rear_20080303.jpg

Last edited:
@Neddo Shouldn't that be 2005-2011 if you're only nominating the pre-facelift? Or was that version sold through to 2013 in some markets?
A picture at Wiki says that, yet text says 2010. Or should I just add the redesign version with no year in the end? But I want pre-facelift.

Last edited:
1977–1985 Ford Granada

ford-granada_key_8.jpg

Engines:
1,593 cc I4 75 hp
1,699 cc V4 70-73 hp
1,993 cc I4 99-101 hp
1,999 cc V6 90 hp
2,293 cc V6 108-114 hp
2,792 cc V6 135-160 hp
Diesel:
1,948 cc I4 54 hp (Peugeot)
2,112 cc I4 63 hp (Peugeot)
2,498 cc I4 69 hp (Peugeot)

Power: 54-160 porsehower
Torque: 119-276Nm (|.................| this many poofhounds)
Weight: 1235kg
Transmission: 4/5 speed manual, 3 speed automatic
Body Style: 2/4 door saloon, 5 door estate

Ford_Granada_1981_Cambridge.jpg

2jcvrkg.jpg

ford-granada-ghia-x-9.jpg

1977–1985 Ford Granada

Engines:
1,593 cc I4 75 hp
1,699 cc V4 70-73 hp
1,993 cc I4 99-101 hp
1,999 cc V6 90 hp
2,293 cc V6 108-114 hp
2,792 cc V6 135-160 hp
Diesel:
1,948 cc I4 54 hp (Peugeot)
2,112 cc I4 63 hp (Peugeot)
2,498 cc I4 69 hp (Peugeot)

Power: 54-160 porsehower
Torque: 119-276Nm (|.................| this many poofhounds)
Weight: 1235kg
Transmission: 4/5 speed manual, 3 speed automatic
Body Style: 2/4 door saloon, 5 door estate

For the torque range, go with 88-204 lb-ft. 738 lb-ft is roughly equal to 1000 Nm.

A picture at Wiki says that, yet text says 2010.

I try not to use Wiki when the information is clearly lacking or inconsistent. But I would just change it to 2005-2011 since those are the only years I can be certain that the pre-facelift was marketed, according to other sites.

For the torque range, go with 88-204 lb-ft. 738 lb-ft is roughly equal to 1000 Nm.

He doesn't believe in using lb-ft. Not that it wouldn't be simple enough to convert formats myself once polling day comes around.

Back